The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Covert Adaptions by Mark Elsdon (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I'm glad you mentioned the post-it note idea because I was going to say, you can't use this with just one white sheet since they have to tear it off after they write/draw. I'm not too fond of using a post-it note on a clip-board that has paper as well "clipped" to it but it's something.

The real issue is that the ad says "ANY" PEN, PENCIL OR SHARPIE. False advertising, and using a sharpie would be one of the biggest selling points for this board as you can't use carbon paper with a sharpie.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I just tried it with two sheets and one sheet and unless you press unusually hard (harder than anyone would when writing/drawing on the clipboard), even a thin tip sharpie barely leaves an impression on the device. This thing is useless with a sharpie, I'd love to hear how others are making sharpies work... Even with a pen, it's difficult to get a super clear impression since a normal person would not press too hard. I think if you were to set the pad down on a surface and have them write, they would end up writing a bit harder.
Perceptionist
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Perceptionist
Another alternative is my StealthBoard V.2. I wish I had seen this post before today! Using a Boogie Board as an imp device was first suggested several years ago by Richard Mark, I believe, and also referenced by Marc Salem. I've been using my own version of a modified Boogie Board for over nearly two years now and it has become my go-to device. Everyone who saw it wanted one, so I finally began making them as special orders in early 2015. My version is all black and is perfectly camouflaged with a permanently applied plastic back and a flexible, magnetic plastic front, which can be peeled back under cover of a few sheets of paper to get an immediate and full peek. Because it is magnetic and secure, the board can also be handed out with confidence for pre-show work. If you'd like to know more about the StealthBoard2, please visit my site (http://www.zustco.com/mark_zust_magic_products.html) or email me (mark@zustco.com). Cheers.
Mark Zust, The Perceptionist. "Changing the world, one mind at a time." Speaking, Training, Entertaining.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
There's one for sale on the Café. $62 shipped.

Robert
Perceptionist
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Perceptionist
Nice tip, Robert. My version, the StealthBoard V2, has been in limited production since early 2015. Sharpies DO work extremely well on mine and I usually place three sheets of paper in the clip. The Sharpie regular tip works best, rather than a fine tip or chisel tip. Crayons and chalk work as well. My writing implement of choice is ballpoint pen or Sharpie. Anyone with questions, feel free to PM me or email (mark@zustco.com).
Mark Zust, The Perceptionist. "Changing the world, one mind at a time." Speaking, Training, Entertaining.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2016, Perceptionist wrote:
Another alternative is my StealthBoard V.2. I wish I had seen this post before today! Using a Boogie Board as an imp device was first suggested several years ago by Richard Mark, I believe, and also referenced by Marc Salem. I've been using my own version of a modified Boogie Board for over nearly two years now and it has become my go-to device. Everyone who saw it wanted one, so I finally began making them as special orders in early 2015. My version is all black and is perfectly camouflaged with a permanently applied plastic back and a flexible, magnetic plastic front, which can be peeled back under cover of a few sheets of paper to get an immediate and full peek. Because it is magnetic and secure, the board can also be handed out with confidence for pre-show work. If you'd like to know more about the StealthBoard2, please visit my site (http://www.zustco.com/mark_zust_magic_products.html) or email me (mark@zustco.com). Cheers.

Sounds like it was done right. I just purchased one to evaluate.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Stealthboard 2.0 is a total POS. Caveat Emptor.
Perceptionist
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Perceptionist
Here's what the pros have to say about StealthBoard 2.0:

LUCA VOLPE: "This is a very elegant, high quality prop for the professional mentalist. Very easy to use and it works 100% of the time. I love how Mark has transformed a well-known, proven technology into a devious secret weapon."

"What a fantastically clever weapon for the mentalist and mind-reading magician. StealthBoard 2 gets my highest recommendation."
Taiwan Ben, International magic creator

"The StealthBoard2 is incredibly slick, easy and effective! The simple, natural process of taking the clipboard back from the spectator gives you a complete view of the entire drawing, name, number, etc. without her ever being aware. Best of all, it looks and behaves so innocently that the prop is never suspect. It's now my favorite method for duplicating a drawing."

Jim Kleefeld, professional magician, author and creator
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Covert Adaptions by Mark Elsdon (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL