The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Covert Adaptions by Mark Elsdon (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2016, Paul S Wingham wrote:
...I hate to be rude but I cant see how this improves on the butterfly or the parapad.

I have to agree. Are we missing something?
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Uh, that ackward moment with more conventional impression products when you go to glimpse and there is a very faint impression or worse no impression at all.
magicant
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester UK
111 Posts

Profile of magicant
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2016, Paul S Wingham wrote:
I was intrigued bu this but it feels like it introduces electronics for the sake of it. I know theyre a lot more expensive but the high end electronic pads have the advantage of allowing the performer to be hands off which can only be achieved with electronics, but this doesn't do that. It feels like you are paying to hide something you don't really need in the first place and add the risks associated with electronics going wrong. I hate to be rude but I cant see how this improves on the butterfly or the parapad.

From what I can see there are very little risks with this device. The electronics are not happening until the button is pushed which is hidden both under the vinyl sticker and also as a secondary precaution
the clip can cover this area... but so far not a single spectator has been anywhere near this area.. why would they.. it's a cheap pound style board.

So it's only electronic at the point it wipes the impression... otherwise the impression will remain on the device for weeks until you eventually push the button.

I have tried and tested this comfortably with 5 sheets of paper (plus an extra required sheet we supply). I personally recommend 3 white sheets supplied and the impression will always be extremely clear unless of course they purposely touch the paper with the pressure of a feather! I would be happy to send some images of impressions however for dealers out there I have today uploaded a dealer only video to show this.

Also I will ask recent customers to let people know their thoughts as the impression is so much better than most of the non electronic items I've come across so far and is extremely reliable. It really is very clear.. and although not backlit it works very well in low light.

An added bonus is that you could easily reset on the fly right infront of the spectator, and you could do a 1-2-3 across 3 sheets that the spectators tear off... then place the pad on your chair behind your table and simply read the lines 1-2-3 from 3 different spectators easily. If you do not require an electronic board that beams the information to a different device, then this is definitely a very attractive option.
==============================

Producers of COVERT ADAPTIONS - INFAMOUS - DEADLY MARKED DECK - GUARANTEED JACKPOT - THE EXPERIMENT - CERBERUS WALLET - AND MANY MORE!

www.magicworld.co.uk (UK)
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2016, rmendez wrote:
Uh, that ackward moment with more conventional impression products when you go to glimpse and there is a very faint impression or worse no impression at all.

I don't disagree but you introduce a whole new risk with electronics. They can and do go wrong. There is by comparison; very little risk of my para pad not giving impression or breaking, but I can now see a few benefits. I'm not sure if its for me but I can see what it adds.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12071 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
This sounds like the Holy Grail I have been seeking for years. I just placed a pre-order for this and will post a review when it arrives.

No such thing as the holy grail. Name one mentalism method/technique no matter how long ago that hasn't been reintroduced or a new method on method created?

What technique has stood the test of time?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
All remains to be seen. I will follow up with a personal testimony when it arrives; however, I anticipate that this will be a very practical and superior solution. I have experimented with the underlying technology in the past and discovered that unlike most other products on the open market, no special writing instrument is required. Also, this rendition reliably captures far more visible impressions even through several sheets of paper. This is very important to a working professional under unpredictable working conditions. The only question I have is why something like this did not surface sooner.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2016, John C wrote:
Quote:
This sounds like the Holy Grail I have been seeking for years. I just placed a pre-order for this and will post a review when it arrives.

No such thing as the holy grail. Name one mentalism method/technique no matter how long ago that hasn't been reintroduced or a new method on method created? What technique has stood the test of time?

Speaking in terms of impression, I don't see how this rendition could possibly be improved upon.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

A) you don't have it yet so surely you cannot say b) I think labco and paralabs would disagree. For me the labco pads are as close to the grail as you'll get albeit they are 10 times the price
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Yes. Both Labco and Paralab's products are phenomenal but very expensive considering they were custom engineered from the ground up. I suspect that this latest release would carry a similar price tag had it not been commercially released to the general public with entirely different intentions. Ironically, we are using it in conjunction with and as something they actually intended to replace Smile
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3607 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I saw this at Blackpool and I liked it. Sure it's not the holy grail and for me probably the only advantages over a parapad were the size and the fact that pretty much any writing implement can be used from a pencil to a sharpie. One experience I have had with my parapad was the spectator insisting on using his own pen. That wouldn't be a problem with this device. Also the instant reset is a bonus.

This is ultra thin and unless you are familiar with the boogie board would not expect this to contain electronics, it looks completely innocent. As Ant says it looks like a crappy pound shop board. If I were to get one I would make a further adaptation to it and use less paper because my one criticism of it in its standard form is it does not rule out carbon paper in the way that something like the brown hornet does. I would more likely use it for PS than to get a real time read.

Yes like with many things such as svenpads you could probably find the source materials and make it cheaper yourself if you had a mind to but for the board, all the extras to disguise it, a large supply of precut paper and routines from Mark Elsdon I thought this was reasonably price. Is it the holy grail? Of course not. Is it a decent imp device? Yes I think so.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I've read a lot of very positive sentiments about this forthcoming new product. After receiving it and putting it through a few test runs in my professional show, I will more than likely pick up a spare or maybe even two if it is, indeed, everything the ad description claims that it is. I'm feeling very positive about this one though as it sounds like a very practical winner.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1290 Posts

Profile of Jared
Richard, I'll be looking forward to your review. My finger has been hovering around the "add to cart" button but I'll stay patient Smile
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
If it were not for the fact that I have already experimented with a board and some paper before, I might have been a bit more reserved. I, pretty much, already know what I will be receiving and how well it will perform from first hand experience.
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
So this charges a $95 premium (over the cost of the $30 Amazon product)? And that 95 bucks buys (1) camouflage so the unit won't be recognized and (2) the added ability to replace batteries?

Plus some reviews on Amazon indicate that images can appear gray and washed-out.

I'm scratching my head over the appeal of this one...
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3607 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
It also adds 5 routines by Mark Elsdon and a good supply of pre-cut paper. Ok paper is cheap but in my experience Mark Elson's thinking is usually valuable.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I consider the purchase of any product a relatively small investment in my professional work. My demands are simple and very easily met. If it passes as a standard clip board, captures accurate impressions through several sheets of paper, and allows me to gain access to that information, it is a winner as far as I am concerned. Also, in addition to the expense write-offs at the end of the year, this will easily pay for itself four times over in it's first performance.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Where do you perform Richard. I'm asking as I am in Texas at the end of the month for a few weeks
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Professionally, I perform private engagements but I do perform a free magic show every Saturday at JCR Magic Shop at 2:30 PM along with a few other magicians. Where will you be staying in Texas? It would be great to get together and meet in person! I can show you around this marvelous city! If you are on Facebook, send me a friend request as well!
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
This is scheduled to arrive today!!! Stay tuned!!! More to come!!!
magicant
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester UK
111 Posts

Profile of magicant
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2016, rmendez wrote:
I've read a lot of very positive sentiments about this forthcoming new product. After receiving it and putting it through a few test runs in my professional show, I will more than likely pick up a spare or maybe even two if it is, indeed, everything the ad description claims that it is. I'm feeling very positive about this one though as it sounds like a very practical winner.

I'm glad you are feeling positive... I hope this continues through once you receive and that you are happy.

In regards to the above the download link to purchase extra boards of this exact version are now added to the Covert Adaptions download page from the sticker on the inside... but if living in the USA it might be more cost effective to purchase from there however we have kept it at regular UK price after import.

All the very best
Anthony
==============================

Producers of COVERT ADAPTIONS - INFAMOUS - DEADLY MARKED DECK - GUARANTEED JACKPOT - THE EXPERIMENT - CERBERUS WALLET - AND MANY MORE!

www.magicworld.co.uk (UK)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Covert Adaptions by Mark Elsdon (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL