The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best to Advertise for Psychic Parties... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
357 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Greetings Compeers...

Just wondering what might be a good venue to advertise my psychic parties...? I've considered local newspapers, radio commercial, postcard mailing, and door hangers. My budget will allow for one...maybe two venues. Your in put would be very much appreciated...

Thank You,
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Mentalism & Paranormal Entertainment
www.drdanandco.com
RobertMarsi
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of RobertMarsi
Me, Bill Montana, and Mystic Alexandre are doing a 2 day workshop about this very topic at Denny Lee Magic shop in Las Vegas this Saturday and Sunday. It's only $125 and we will go over marketing Psychic Parties and what to do. I'm giving all registered attendees my PSI party act!!
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3966 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
It's a very lucrative area...particularly when you consider that often more than one can be done in a night -- or that a corporation might be booking two or three -- or more in a single evening.

Here are a couple of suggestions:

1) A website is key. Make sure you have it searchable with the major words like "psychic parties" "paranormal evenings" etc. Most of my leads come here. Also ensure that you've identified your city in the meta information.

If you have more than one website (as in you are marketing corporate shows etc.) have one website feed into the next. This allows you to "convert" some of your corporate clients or their referrals.

2) Speaking of referrals: they're critical. I make a point of having cards available at the end of a paranormal evening...but more importantly, I GET contact information from each person who is interested. That way I don't lose the lead. You also have to have a mechanism in place so that you don't drop potential customers because you forget to contact them.

3) I started advertising in some of the affluent-but-sorta-out-there publications when I was just setting up. This is very expensive, but can bring good results very quickly. You're looking for publications that have an artistic angle. Examine the other advertisers who are in there...and decide if this is your market or not.

4) Ensure you have solid marketing materials available to email out and that you know EXACTLY what you're going to say when someone calls you. THEY have no idea if you're a piker, a freak or a nut. Your materials have to reflect that you are none of these things.

5) Strongly suggest you keep the size of your parties to 15 or under. This keeps the shows intimate...but it also encourages multiple bookings from larger clients.

Hope this is helpful.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Postcards: The dry-hump of the advertising world.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best to Advertise for Psychic Parties... (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL