The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chained by Ted Bogusta / Coin visually changes to necklace!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2848 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Don't know if you guys have been keeping up with Ted's amazing releases. I'm really honored to be able to present his new effect👉💯👌👌It looks like real magic

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/produc......-bogusta
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4685 Posts

Profile of RNK
Looks cool even though the chain looks super cheap on the video. I would love to know if you can actually have a spectator stand behind you and show both sides of the coins? I am guessing you can't but hopefully Nate can tell us?

RNK
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3643 Posts

Profile of emyers99
This was an earlier Martinka Coin Club release. One of the coolest releases thus far. It's certainly an unusual plot but the gimmicks work like a charm. Handling is very simple. No you cannot show both sides or have anyone behind you. So you can't do it surrounded. Angles are not bad because you have a second coin in play to block, but it's obviously best performed for people in front of you. I think this would be fine for 4-5 people at a time. Reset is easy but not instant and you couldn't do it in front of the audience. So you need about 15 seconds of alone time. But as a one-off, especially for kids, it's a very visual piece of magic.

ps. Join the coin club. Fantastic value for the money.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
841 Posts

Profile of catweazle
I dunno, it seems unmagical to me, practically screams the method and worryingly even to a lay person tbh
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4685 Posts

Profile of RNK
Thanks emyers99 for the reply. I do agree with you- this would be fantastic for kids! There are always few kids close-up effects that you can purchase that are ready to be performed right out of the box like this. I may have to take the plunge for this. Just picked up once a month performance for kids night at a Pizzeria & Grill and this would fit nicely in the venue.

RNK
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4685 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2016, catweazle wrote:
I dunno, it seems unmagical to me, practically screams the method and worryingly even to a lay person tbh


Yes- but for kids I think it would be perfect!!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3643 Posts

Profile of emyers99
My wife liked it but my kids loved it. As for the method, I think it's obvious to us but when you see it live, it's pretty darn deceptive since everything can be examined at the end (although you wouldn't want the coin and chain examined by the same person). RNK, I think it could play well for your gig. The one caveat is that you probably can't carry this around in your pocket and expect to pull it out ready to go. Because you are dealing with a chain (and a pretty big one at that), this is best performed out of a case of some kind so you can look in and get everything aligned before you bring it out.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4685 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well- just placed my order. I start that gig March 15th so hopefully I will receive it before then and report back once I get it.

RNK
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4685 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
My wife liked it but my kids loved it. As for the method, I think it's obvious to us but when you see it live, it's pretty darn deceptive since everything can be examined at the end (although you wouldn't want the coin and chain examined by the same person). RNK, I think it could play well for your gig. The one caveat is that you probably can't carry this around in your pocket and expect to pull it out ready to go. Because you are dealing with a chain (and a pretty big one at that), this is best performed out of a case of some kind so you can look in and get everything aligned before you bring it out.


See your point. Thankfully, with this gig they are going to let me drop my insta table and have groups come up to me- so from what you are saying this should fit in perfectly!!

Thanks for your input on this emyers.....
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18492 Posts

Profile of IAIN
...i think it would have looked better if he'd laid the midas coin onto the open palm of a hand, put the other coin on top of that, so you could still see some of the midas coin, then close his hand, blow into it to make the wish - then pulled the chain out from the loosely closed fist and then slowly opened his hand...

technically, midas turned everything to gold, so it would be nice to do something along those lines...

maybe say that the midas coin was a coin used to make a wish (and not call it a midas coin)...
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4685 Posts

Profile of RNK
Very nice idea IAIN! Thanks for sharing!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3643 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Agree Iain. That's the way I do it. It would be really nice if the coin turned gold as well, but that would kill the examinability.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
841 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Now Iains idea does sound more magical, much better imo!
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2848 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2016, catweazle wrote:
I dunno, it seems unmagical to me, practically screams the method and worryingly even to a lay person tbh



I don't know man I'll have to disagree with you and the hundreds of spectators I've performed it for our either all lying or they agree with me Smile

Looking at anything with a jaded magicians mind you can't look at it like a laymen does. You just can't
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2848 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2016, IAIN wrote:
...i think it would have looked better if he'd laid the midas coin onto the open palm of a hand, put the other coin on top of that, so you could still see some of the midas coin, then close his hand, blow into it to make the wish - then pulled the chain out from the loosely closed fist and then slowly opened his hand...

technically, midas turned everything to gold, so it would be nice to do something along those lines...

maybe say that the midas coin was a coin used to make a wish (and not call it a midas coin)...


This is the way it's described by Ted in the manuscript. I was just offering my personal method that I like. There are lots of ways to do the effect. If you have a specific way that you like to do it. Then you should do that. Smile
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2848 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2016, RNK wrote:
Looks cool even though the chain looks super cheap on the video. I would love to know if you can actually have a spectator stand behind you and show both sides of the coins? I am guessing you can't but hopefully Nate can tell us?

RNK


Are provided with a very inexpensive necklace yes. But if you'd like you can use any chain that you'd like you can go out and find one that's made of diamonds if you want to use $1 million necklace LOL but the point of the effect is to turn it into a necklace and give it away so the cheap necklaces are the way to go.

But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong Smile
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2848 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
If you are interested I can give you a good source for cheap necklaces to give away

Get the effect before it's gone !!!

still have a few of the gimmicks left Smile

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/produc......-bogusta
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4685 Posts

Profile of RNK
I must admit, I was wrong about this. I performed this for a group of kids and adults and I have to say the reactions were not only great from the kids but from the adults as well! Very nice piece of magic.

Also, did anybody get a response from Nate about where to buy the cheap necklaces? I emailed him and pm'd him a while back and no response?

Thanks,

RNK
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Huh. It seems like it would be hard to find a chain with the right properties you need - I'd think most of the chains you see at a hardware store wouldn't be, though the one with the little balls might be, depending on the metal.

I think my biggest concern with that performance was at the very end - Even without knowing about a S&S, the chain didn't fall the right way, which was the biggest giveaway. That aside, I like the idea, especially with the idea of pulling it from the hand.

Having the gold coin be the one that remained would be a nice touch (why didn't the Midas touch change the half dollar?)

Out of curiosity, what was the second coin? I didn't recognize it.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4685 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2016, tonsofquestions wrote:
Huh. It seems like it would be hard to find a chain with the right properties you need - I'd think most of the chains you see at a hardware store wouldn't be, though the one with the little balls might be, depending on the metal.

I think my biggest concern with that performance was at the very end - Even without knowing about a S&S, the chain didn't fall the right way, which was the biggest giveaway. That aside, I like the idea, especially with the idea of pulling it from the hand.

Having the gold coin be the one that remained would be a nice touch (why didn't the Midas touch change the half dollar?)

Out of curiosity, what was the second coin? I didn't recognize it.


The one hand change is the way to go with this. The change will never be seen. The gold coin can never be the one that remains. And I do not think it would be logical to change a silver coin into a gold chain. Obviously makes more sense if a gold coin changes into a gold chain.

The gold coin is a Mexican coin entitled, "Estados Unidos Mexicananos".

I have been using this everyday and will reiterate how great the reactions have been.

RNK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chained by Ted Bogusta / Coin visually changes to necklace!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL