The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » An Endless Journey (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
Just had an email about this from Mr Murrays Mindfx site, consider me intrigued!
http://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/an-endl......f15e6191
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Woolfie
View Profile
New user
Uk
90 Posts

Profile of Woolfie
I've seen this advertised a few times and really fancy it. The premise sounds great and I really like the look of the art used. I would like to see a performance before spending £60 on it though.
Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
124 Posts

Profile of Paul Fitzgerald
If Michael is supporting this on his own website, which is very unusual...I would support the product without hesitation...in fact that's what I've done Smile
roblane
View Profile
Special user
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
Good point Paul, so I ordered too........
Woolfie
View Profile
New user
Uk
90 Posts

Profile of Woolfie
I'd love to hear both your thoughts on it 😊
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
This does look very interesting! For info on the actual art that it is based on, see the artists website: http://www.tomgauld.com/

Looks like you can order the original piece for about $15 for a limited time. I've ordered Mark's effect, and I will probably get a copy of the original as a backup--at that price, why not..?

Seth
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I love this effect ever since Mark first showed it to me. As a huge fan of puzzles as well as mentalism I think the two work in harmony together.

There is so much to like here, the nature of the props used, the reading, the prediction and the way it is all pieced together within the context of the routine and handling (even if you have never given a reading before).

I would reccomend picking up a spare set of cards whilst they are still available from the link detailed above, I know you will get a lot of use out of them Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
roblane
View Profile
Special user
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
Well I'll be picking up a spare set of cards for sure. If you like the idea of this, grab while you can. The cards themselves are marvelous. Individually they're nice, and you notice the detail but once they're laid out the view becomes kinda panoramic, it really draws the eye. The actual routine is very clever and once the sequence is embedded in 'the ole grey matter', it's simple to perform. I've been trying to find a way 'in' to readings and this has proved to fit the bill, as on my first outing with it on a 'test subject' friend, I messed up, but carried on with a simple reading (based on Mark's suggestions) and the good lady was non the wiser. When you do get it 'right', however, the revelation gets a strong reaction as the mixing and handling by the spectator feels so fair. Nice one, Mark!
magic168
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of magic168
Can those who own this describe the routine a little more? Are all 12 cards used in the panorama the spectator creates? What exactly is the nature of the prediction -- is it a "description" in words or a picture of the finished panorama?

I *really* love the look of the cards and it seems like a super fun routine...I just can't bring myself to spend $60 on this without at least having those two questions answered.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2016, magic168 wrote:

I just can't bring myself to spend $60 on this without at least having those two questions answered.

Out of curiousity, where are you seeing this available for $60? Cheapest I've seen is closer to $90, with the exchange rate and all.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
magic168
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of magic168
Ah, completely missed the pound symbol. Even more reason for me to get a few clarifications! That's a pricey meatball!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of celebrity
To answer the question, you display the twelve cards to the spectator before mixing them up. The spectator is then mixes them further thus deciding on their final arangement which results in one of roughly four hundred and eighty million layouts.

You now give a detailed reading based upon the order that the cards are in based upon the positioning of the imagery. This is always a positive reading for the sitter/spectator and at the culmination of the reading you empty the box to reveal a page which somehow predicts the 1 in 480,000,000 outcome.

Mark also includes the facility to change the readings and results for repeat performances however I agree with him that this is more of a performance piece than a casual effect.

It does indeed have a steep price however I think the sum of its parts is greater than the whole. Whilst it wont appeal to everyone, those that use it will get a lot of milage from it.

Although there are many of Marks effects that I wouldnt use personaly, since I am a self confessed lover of puzzles, mentalism and readings I am very biased in my love for this one.

Hope that helps either way Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
OK, I'm sold. Love the concept behind this. If it's also a fooler, this is gold.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » An Endless Journey (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL