The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chroma by Nicholas Lawrence & Lloyd Barnes (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
WATCH THE TRAILER HERE : http://www.ellusionist.com/chroma-by-llo......nce.html

PRODUCT COPY :
Chroma is a versatile gaff that allows you to instantly print a card at your fingertips...with no cover.

Lloyd Barnes & Nicholas Lawrence have joined creative forces to take an under-used concept and update it for the modern day.

Each teaches their own unique handling's with this gimmick, allowing you to print cards, make signatures appear, stickers vanish and much much more.

- No flaps
- No folds
- No creases
- Use ANY cards, even Madison Blanks.

Everything you need to create this incredible gimmick is included in your specially constructed package.

We've thrown out all unnecessary packaging to make this more affordable than EVER to get to your door.

Get Chroma TODAY.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Wow, I believe Lloyd may have redeemed himself here. Looks amazing.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Looks briliant, definitely going to get it but now my bank account balance has been dimolished by blackpool so maybe later on in a few weeks
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Redeemed himself with Nicholas though .

This does look amazing very amazing . For 15 dollars it comes with such a visual change . That's one thing they did right , throw out unnessasary packaging !
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
187 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
Looks great. Might have to buy this
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Not bad.

Reasonable price too....

Pretty close to that add to cart button!
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Just add it to cart , don't even think about it

I don't care if it's workable ( probably is though ) but I just want to know the workings ! And 15 dollars is a very reasonable investment .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I'm just very wary of advanced arts and crafts. I'm hoping someone will be able to back-brief us very soon. It's only the shipping costs stopping me ordering at this time.
Mejais
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Mejais
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2016, pegasus wrote:
I'm just very wary of advanced arts and crafts. I'm hoping someone will be able to back-brief us very soon. It's only the shipping costs stopping me ordering at this time.

Always the shipping costs! They are so high its insane
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
That's USPS for you.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
We're aware of high international shipping rates (We're almost at a solution that will fix this forever), so we've priced this trick accordingly to take into account shipping costs that you'll have to pay if you're an international customer.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
No flaps?! That looks totally crazy~

It would be nice if you guys could offer free shipping.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2016, Magic KL wrote:
No flaps?! That looks totally crazy~

It would be nice if you guys could offer free shipping.

Absolutely no flaps.

We can't. At the moment are costs are high.... but we're working on bringing in flat pack rates and run free events on shipping throughout the year.

- G.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I hate to be "that guy," but I feel like I just wasted my money on this one. I'm usually a huge Nicholas Lawrence fan, but I do not like this one.

There are so many problems with this. The biggest problem is the audience can clearly see what is happening... Without saying too much, it is a very obvious flash. I tried to show to a few people and they immediately said, "I saw it ____" and they accurately said the method.

The second problem is with Lloyd's version. The angles are awful. They could very easily see two cards before the change takes place.

I'm very disappointed in this one. Don't waste your money!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I can only see one way of doing and I think it would be very problematic if that's the case. Maybe for stage or video only.
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of NicholasLawrenceMagic
MadisonH- Chroma works great for LIVE performance.. 100% ive used this countless times with great success, with any Magic prop or sleight there requires practice to master the effect..never attempt a trick the day you learn it, I feel that if anything that process is wrong. I urge you to practice the method and get comfortable & confident with a solid routine and TRY again.. I don't Release Material or tools that arent workable in the real world, sometimes it just depends on how much time you have dedicated to your craft.
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2016, NicholasLawrenceMagic wrote:
MadisonH- Chroma works great for LIVE performance.. 100% ive used this countless times with great success, with any Magic prop or sleight there requires practice to master the effect..never attempt a trick the day you learn it, I feel that if anything that process is wrong. I urge you to practice the method and get comfortable & confident with a solid routine and TRY again.. I don't Release Material or tools that arent workable in the real world, sometimes it just depends on how much time you have dedicated to your craft.

so well put, bravo and congrats on a killer release!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
I hate to be "that guy," but I feel like I just wasted my money on this one. I'm usually a huge Nicholas Lawrence fan, but I do not like this one.

There are so many problems with this. The biggest problem is the audience can clearly see what is happening... Without saying too much, it is a very obvious flash. I tried to show to a few people and they immediately said, "I saw it ____" and they accurately said the method.

The second problem is with Lloyd's version. The angles are awful. They could very easily see two cards before the change takes place.

I'm very disappointed in this one. Don't waste your money!

Thank you Maddy. More money saved. It's unusual for you to leave a bad review so this must be dreadful.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I have to say that the method is what I thought it was.. and I was also disappointed as I see a lot of problems with it.

Additionally, while I agree with what Nicholas said above in general, Maddy is one of the more respected members of this forum and he picks up stuff very quickly (just take a look at his Blomberg Laboratories videos he flooded out right after learning it in the book). I trust his judgement, whether he performed it same day or a week from now.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
I don't have this, but since it was literally just released it seems improbable that anyone could have practiced this enough to make it look good in one day. One of the constant on threads I've noticed over the last few years I've been here is that an awful lot of people want self working, perfect angles and examinable. Very unrealistic, magic takes practice. If you want novelty gags then that's a different thing. Magic takes practice.

Again, I haven't bought this. It could be crap but a few hours of fiddling doesn't seem like a basis for reviewing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chroma by Nicholas Lawrence & Lloyd Barnes (30 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL