The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Impossibilia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Phred
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Phred
Impossibilia is still in print (I believe)and is available from many dealers and is on ebay frequently. Smoke and Mirrors, is out of print and is very difficult to come by. It rarely comes up on ebay. I recommend them both.

John's new book, Dear Mr. Fantasy is now out and is available from John directly on his website.
kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
369 Posts

Profile of kamus
I must agree with the other positive comments. Impossibilia remains one of my favorite books of all time. I have performed nearly every routine with the exception of maybe 3 or 4 (the gambling routines- never been a fan of the genre). I even spent the money on the Twelve Who Died setup and people just go crazy for that trick. The tricks all work very well, the writing is great and easy to learn from. The DVD is also quite good, though John's style is very laid back. If I had to choose one, I would definitely get the book. Superb!
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
I've tried searching it online but can't seem to find one that sells it, except Barry's Magic shop that only ships to US
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Try magic books by post
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
Quote:
On 2005-06-01 11:51, PapaG wrote:
Try magic books by post

What do you mean ?
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
http://s110321674.websitehome.co.uk/index.htm

if they don't have it it probably means that it can't be found.
jrandcc
View Profile
Regular user
New York
141 Posts

Profile of jrandcc
I think John Bannon is great. His material is usable, practical, and worth doing. I got Impossibilia fairly recently, and although it is mostly card effects, they sure are *** good ones. The first few effects are great including play-it-straight triumph. That Discrepancy City Prediction is a weird one.
Smoke and Mirrors is also excellent but I find the effects in Impossibilia more my style.

And of course, all else is good too, LOL.
kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
369 Posts

Profile of kamus
Oops -I realized I was thinking of Smoke and Mirrors in my post above. That said, Impossibilia is also one of my fave books for the same reason. I'm not sure why, but I learned more stuff from Smoke and Mirrors though I learned a lot (all the coin stuff) from Imposibilia.

Discepancy City is a cool trick and I was fooled by it(!) by the guy who sold me the book. Bannon expanded this trick in Smoke and Mirrors (Heart of the City) but the original is a dvestating quicky that seems to fly right by magicians for some reason even though you would wonder why that is when you know the method.
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
sawrath
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
29 Posts

Profile of sawrath
Not quite as good as Smoke and Mirrors, in my opinion, but still very worthy of being on any magician's shelf!

Good variety of tricks too!

Role on cardzilla!
freed
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of freed
If anyone is interested in purchasing Smoke and mirrors, which is out of print, I have one for sale. Email me at ben.freed@gmail.com if you're interested.
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Try placing your book in the books for sale section
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
252 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
He's gotta have 50 posts before he can do that. I'd recommend throwing it on ebay if he really wants to get rid of it fast, or just waiting 'til he's got 50.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Impossibilia (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL