The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fun Times!!!!! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
That was so awful that I considered becoming a serial killer. Fortunately, I could just click it away instead. "Fun time" indeed.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
I liked it.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Some talented people ... Not everyones cup of tea... But I loved it.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I give them props for there singing, harmonizing and presentation. Did not care for the style.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Loved It!!!!!
Thanks for the link Slim.
Smile Iven
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2016, irossall wrote:
Loved It!!!!!
Thanks for the link Slim.
Smile Iven

I'm not a big harmonization fan, being a blues singer, but these guys are good!!!!
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Mixing mimes with a cappella singing - what a concept!

Maybe they should add clogging.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
The concept of a Disney Medley is great, and it is good to hear those songs again. however, this video seems to be at the level of '1st try'....'seeing what condition your condition is in'. I think you can analyze this from two aspects: the voices and the video.

I think perhaps there are more things wrong with the video than right with it. It seems to be an effort from people approaching professional.

1. White suits do not a Mime make. Why are they Mimes? Why are Mimes singing? This is not high concept, this is bad concept, as evidenced by the results.
2. If you are going to 'Mime-ify' for 5 1/2 minutes, get the H out of the studio. Get outside so you can, at the least, change it up a bit. Scenery. Action. Movement. Closeups. Anything but single-shot tedium.
3. 5 1/2 minutes of single camera shot squealing is way too long.
4. The basic tone struck by the singers, as a group, is vaguely annoying and gets more so as soon as the 'novelty' wears off, i.e; the longer they sing. They are facile but need a shake up as to the members. Drop the basic tone level down a notch or two. As it is, neighborhood dogs are going deaf.
5. They need an art director, a director, a location guy, a cameraman, a writer...all the things that elevate a finished video to the level of professional. If they had the budget for a real shoot, they could be contenders...with a few more bass and baritones, that is.
6. Understanding that they are hampered by lack of cash, I'd love to give them Twenty Grand and see what they turn out with that kind of budget. As it is, everything about them is amateur except the singing.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Interesting take Tom.
I don't bother to critically analyze my entertainment. I just enjoy what I enjoy.
All white does not a Mime make (Mime's don't sing do they?). The white could be just a way to neutralize the singer's into a less than human entity and more of a surreal entity (I know what I mean but can't quite put into words).

Bottom Line: Enjoy the show and save the critique for the Entertainment section of the media.

P.S. Sometimes a "polished" show is not the best show.
Smile Iven
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2016, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
The concept of a Disney Medley is great, and it is good to hear those songs again. however, this video seems to be at the level of '1st try'....'seeing what condition your condition is in'. I think you can analyze this from two aspects: the voices and the video.

I think perhaps there are more things wrong with the video than right with it. It seems to be an effort from people approaching professional.

1. White suits do not a Mime make. Why are they Mimes? Why are Mimes singing? This is not high concept, this is bad concept, as evidenced by the results.
2. If you are going to 'Mime-ify' for 5 1/2 minutes, get the H out of the studio. Get outside so you can, at the least, change it up a bit. Scenery. Action. Movement. Closeups. Anything but single-shot tedium.
3. 5 1/2 minutes of single camera shot squealing is way too long.
4. The basic tone struck by the singers, as a group, is vaguely annoying and gets more so as soon as the 'novelty' wears off, i.e; the longer they sing. They are facile but need a shake up as to the members. Drop the basic tone level down a notch or two. As it is, neighborhood dogs are going deaf.
5. They need an art director, a director, a location guy, a cameraman, a writer...all the things that elevate a finished video to the level of professional. If they had the budget for a real shoot, they could be contenders...with a few more bass and baritones, that is.
6. Understanding that they are hampered by lack of cash, I'd love to give them Twenty Grand and see what they turn out with that kind of budget. As it is, everything about them is amateur except the singing.

ROTFLMAO ... This proves you will complain about ANY post I make ... Smile
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Come on. That video was creepy. Smile
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2016, Slim King wrote:
ROTFLMAO ... This proves you will complain about ANY post I make ... Smile

Nonsense. That wasn't a complaint. They had a great idea that could have been, and probably will be better.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fun Times!!!!! (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL