We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin Rattle fail (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dader76
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
42 Posts

Profile of dader76
I just wanted to post that I recently bought a Tango Coin Rattle and, wow, what a failure. (I returned it for a full refund so kudos to that merchant.) Anyway, with a very modest shake the lid fell off and, of course, the resulting sound was rather impaired. I don't just mean my swearing at the contraption, but the coin sound was pretty poor. I'm wondering if anyone had similar experience with this device?

In the meantime I've gone over this Forums and contacted David Neighbors for his input and well-respected rattle (I was not aware of that beforehand). I'd appreciate feedback. DA
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
983 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Dave has a great rattler. I think he charges $80 for one. It works like a charm although I havent used it in awhile. Be sure to get his "Sound Routines" book with it. Smile. db
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
983 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Check out Daves site at. coinjurer.com
dader76
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
42 Posts

Profile of dader76
Thanks! I'm in touch with him now.
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
Welcome to the club, I bought Tango rattle gimmick years ago and I was very very disappointed, after few tried I immediately put that into bottom of my drawer and contacted David regarding his Coin rattle
I should have refunded it like you did, good for you.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I have a Porper coin rattle and as far as I'm concerned, it too is a "fail". For $100 it doesn’t much sound like you have coins in your hand. Clad or silver coins makes no difference. Just doesn’t sound real at all in my opinion.

Jim
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4859 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hay Guys Thanks so much! I am Out of Boxes right Now! Now Getting the boxes Made is the Easy Part The Hard part Is getting Someone To Do The Sowing On Them! If Anyone know Of someone Who can Sow? I am in need Of Them! Smile
David Neighbors



The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
scottjenkins
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of scottjenkins
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
I have a Porper coin rattle and as far as I'm concerned, it too is a "fail". For $100 it doesn’t much sound like you have coins in your hand. Clad or silver coins makes no difference. Just doesn’t sound real at all in my opinion.

Jim


Really? We haven't had any complaints before. What do you think is wrong with it, or what do you think could be done to make it better. We're always looking to improve.
Scott Jenkins
Magician Member of the AMA
Joe Porper's partner!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2016, scottjenkins wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
I have a Porper coin rattle and as far as I'm concerned, it too is a "fail". For $100 it doesn’t much sound like you have coins in your hand. Clad or silver coins makes no difference. Just doesn’t sound real at all in my opinion.

Jim


Really? We haven't had any complaints before. What do you think is wrong with it, or what do you think could be done to make it better. We're always looking to improve.


The sound isn't very good regardless of what coins I put in it, and it doesn’t stay closed very well. As you move around it starts to slide open and make noise when you don’t want it to. And there is no adjustments you can make.

Jim
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
I agree with Jim. Sound is just awful. A pity because Porper products are invariably top notch. But not this one. A real dud!

Fortasse
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1154 Posts

Profile of Leo H
I purchased a Kennedy coin rattle and wasn't thrilled with it because it didn't sound loud enough. The Porper rattle works fine. A coin rattle isn't going to approximate the sound of coins in your fist 100%.
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
I have 2 of David's coin rattles. They work great.

Cal
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
553 Posts

Profile of debaser
Dave neighbors for sure
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
What about Dr. Michael Rubinstein's? I understand it's very well made...

Doug
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4859 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Gang ,
New website ! Smile

https://daveneighbors.com

I am still working On getting some More ! Smile
David Neighbors



The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
54 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2016, David Neighbors wrote:
Hay Guys Thanks so much! I am Out of Boxes right Now! Now Getting the boxes Made is the Easy Part The Hard part Is getting Someone To Do The Sowing On Them! If Anyone know Of someone Who can Sow? I am in need Of Them! Smile



David, hit up airshipmagic.com ...Jake and Freddy can make about anything on any size production scale.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin Rattle fail (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL