The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Teflon Coin Inserts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

webtech
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of webtech
Does anyone know where to get the teflon coin inserts besides any of the top coin gaff makers?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4686 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Tango makes them in various coin sizes and some shops carry them. Otherwise DIY with "Optically Clear Teflon Tape" or even "Mouse Tape" (search Amazon).
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3983 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
If you are wanting ro use them for an expanded shell (not a slippery shell) try aluminum foil. Sounds odd, but I love it. I've not found adhesive to be needed.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Mysterioii
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Mysterioii
The teflon tape in my TUC sure looks like this "teflon coated fiberglass with silicone adhesive" tape from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V40GNW

There are cheaper teflon tapes than the "optically clear" Poof-Daddy mentioned. In places where you're gonna see it optically clear would be the way to go, but inside a shell the cheap stuff is probably fine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000REJN48
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2640 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2016, Chessmann wrote:
If you are wanting ro use them for an expanded shell (not a slippery shell) try aluminum foil. Sounds odd, but I love it. I've not found adhesive to be needed.

If being added to reduce noise, a piece of masking tape works well
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of webtech
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to order the teflon tape you suggested Mysterioii.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4220 Posts

Profile of videoman
I prefer the optically clear Teflon even though it is a bit more expensive.
I think it is thinner, although I haven't checked that to know for certain.

But also it serves a dual purpose as you can also use it on the faces of coins if you need to eliminate talking or want them to slide easier for a 3 Fly or something.
Yes, it is so thin you can't even see it when applied on the face of a coin. The coin is still perfectly examinable IMO if need be.
It can change ever so slightly the clink of the coins but it it so minimal that I can't imagine a spec ever noticing, much less caring.

One advantage for some of the non-clear tapes is that they do have somewhat of a skin tone color, which can be helpful if you are using silver coins and use the Ramsay subtlety a lot using a shell with the mouth out. Just gives you a little bit more wiggle room.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Teflon Coin Inserts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL