The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Freemasonry and Illuminati as magic plot -- and box (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
I know very little about Freemasonry or the Illuminati, but ran across these images and thought they begged to be made into a box. There's a nifty magic plot in here, I'm sure, pun intended. Love to hear from anyone who uses this lore as part of a presentation, or can tell me more about tracing boards, like the spooky image inside the box. Unless, of course, you would have to kill me if you told me.

Click here to view attached image.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Inside the box -- the tracing board is on the right

mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Back of the box. For higher res images, check our my Facebook page, <Marc's Magic Boxes and Slates. Thanks for looking and for any insight you might be able to share on this topic...
Marc

afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Nifty indeed!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
The first image is a Mark tracing board and it doesn't really go with the other three, which are TBs for the three Craft degrees. It may make some sense to put them together where you are, but in England Craft and Mark are completely separate.

There is no connection between regular Freemasony and the Illuminati.

Barry
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
278 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
Only one I can think of is The Revelation of the Great Cabal in Two by Shane. By the way, the whole Pentalogy by Shane I highly recommend.
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2016, mindmagic wrote:
The first image is a Mark tracing board and it doesn't really go with the other three, which are TBs for the three Craft degrees. It may make some sense to put them together where you are, but in England Craft and Mark are completely separate.

There is no connection between regular Freemasony and the Illuminati.

Barry

This is true for England, but not for Scotland where the Mark Master is counted as Part of the Craft Degrees.
From the topic it certainly fits to the craft degrees very well.
Jinx13
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ontario
119 Posts

Profile of Jinx13
In Canada and I believe the US as well, the Craft degrees and Mark are separate, but still connected. While not completely out of place, the order of the tracing boards is a little strange, but a well told story could explain this.

All that said, that is a great piece of work you have created there!

David
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
Edit:
And sure there are many connections between the Illuminati of Bavaria and regular Freemasonry. They shared a lot of members. I mean the founder of the Illuminati, Adam Weishaupt (Spartacus), was a regular Mason. Freiherrn Adolph Knigge (Philo) looked for new Members for the Illuminati especially within Freemasonry. It was a strange time for masonry in Germany, the "Strikte Observanz" was quite occult and very drawn to the Knights Templar. But nontheless, there are many many connections between the history Illuminati and Freemasonry.

But usually the historic Illuminati are not ment when someone says "Illuminati". With the "Illuminati" as invented by Robert Anton Wilson and from there brought into Pop Culture and to the today known state we can also find connections. To find anything about that I would strongly suggest Robert Anton Wilsons to read "The Illuminatus! Trilogy" and even better "Masks of the Illuminati" (where you find a lot of Magick and Crowley) and surely "Everything Is Under Control: Conspiracies, Cults, and Cover-ups"
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
278 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
Like what Malakim said, when people think "Illuminati" it is in more of a sense of the film "They Live" rather than "Angels & Demons".
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
These are all interesting obstacles to negotiate, as it really intersects with popular culture, ancient fears and even religious strife. Artistically, I tried to use the box to illustrate a journey, through the gate, up the stairs to the higher plane and finally to coffin on the back.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Love it. Nice job Marc!
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2016, mcharisse wrote:
These are all interesting obstacles to negotiate, as it really intersects with popular culture, ancient fears and even religious strife. Artistically, I tried to use the box to illustrate a journey, through the gate, up the stairs to the higher plane and finally to coffin on the back.

It might interest you that the coffin is not the end. Just like Death is not the last card in Tarot. The first Image on your Box comes after the other three in masonry. From the topics within the degree, it probably comes third and the coffin stays last.
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
Is this Box sold?
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Very interesting. As a side note, my best friend works in the music industry and the "illuminati " is not just a conspiracy theory, it's just not what most perceive it to be.
Twitter @darjames
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
I am the proud owner of this Box.
It was received today and it is a really cool Item!

Thank you Marc!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
As a member of the Illuminati, I would appreciate it if you not use us as inspiration for "patter" for a magic trick. Thank you. And if you should persist with this foolishness, please understand that we know where you live.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Freemasonry and Illuminati as magic plot -- and box (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL