The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Film at 11:30! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
At 1:35 in the vid- CTV used my footage in their broadcast tonight! Footage of the trucks was their own.

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=81......ageNum=1
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Sad to see the fire but it is noteworthy to have your video on TV.

-Mary Mowder
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thank you, Mary. Fortunately, there were no reports of injuries, but it was a powerful fire and obviously someone's lost their home. There were a fair number of people who stopped along the road. First time we've done that.

My sister and I were returning from a visit to our Dad and noted some Fire Response vehicles. We were headed in about the same direction and when we saw a lot of smoke from our route we decided to follow it and see where the fire was. First time we've done that, too, as I recall.

Despite the address being given as Arnprior, the location was a bit out of town and we turned off our route home to find it.

We were surprised at how much of the house was already gone and still no one putting any water on the fire. A lot of fire trucks, and an ambulance arrived after we did and more fire trucks were still heading that way when we left. Ottawa's about an hour away so tough for them to get there in time. Same goes for CTV. I guess there wasn't much left for them to film when they got there, so I'm glad I sent the film in.

It seemed compelling footage to me while I was filming but I wasn't sure what they'd think of it. They responded right away saying they'd use it. As a filmmaker, it's an accomplishment for me, and I really appreciate it.

It's all still under investigation so not much else to report.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Film at 11:30! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL