The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pickpocketing & Hypnosis Courses (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
James Brown & POWA ACADEMY presents

Secrets of Pickpocketing - https://www.powa.academy/store/JhSP2pWT (trailer)

Reality Bending - An honest real world guide to suggestion & hypnosis - https://www.powa.academy/store/obQAAkuy (trailer)

Take a look Smile

James Brown
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
I've been waiting for some kind of "James Brown approach to suggestion" for a long time! (since I saw that TED talk, I think)

I' won't be able to afford it anytime soon, but still Smile

And "Stuck" was awesome!
durgy
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto
396 Posts

Profile of durgy
Would love to hear some honest reviews on both.
-Durgy
http://www.durgyspade.com
facebook.com/durgyspade
twitter.com/durgyspade
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1825 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2016, Zerububle wrote:
James Brown & POWA ACADEMY presents

Secrets of Pickpocketing - https://www.powa.academy/store/JhSP2pWT (trailer)

Reality Bending - An honest real world guide to suggestion & hypnosis - https://www.powa.academy/store/obQAAkuy (trailer)

Take a look Smile

James Brown

Pitty that Pickpocketing Guide was not available prior to Blackpool , I can imagine a Few People that would have made use of it !
Kay99
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Kay99
Does the reality bending material go into more depth then induction by spidey???
lemonjug
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of lemonjug
Anyone care to give a review of Reality Bending?

Thanks
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
This thread was suspiciously quiet Smile
Could someone who got Reality Bending share his thoughts?

Thanks!
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1581 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2016, Adrien Lochon wrote:
This thread was suspiciously quiet Smile
Could someone who got Reality Bending share his thoughts?

Thanks!

Ditto
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Magic Ning is doing a comprehensive review next week on her site NINGTHING.com

I can give away that it gets 10/10 Smile
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2016, Kay99 wrote:
Does the reality bending material go into more depth then induction by spidey???

Significantly
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
247 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
As a Board Certified Hypnotist & Certified Instructor of hypnosis with over 11 years of stage & clinical experience through the National Guild of Hypnotists (the largest organization of it's kind in the world)I can only say that the advertisement does not get into nearly enough information to make an informed choice as to whether or not this is for you. Many of the cheaper "courses" of hypnosis aimed at magicians do not get into nearly enough of what's really going on inside someone's mind. Although I've not seen the course, based on the ad and hyperbole in it, I would say that anyone truly wanting to learn hypnosis would be best served to seek out a qualified instructor. With proper instruction, you can indeed learn wonderful methods of hypnotizing people without formal inductions, invent your own, etc. But for $150 I'm skeptical that it really gives a newbie the right knowledge. A few years ago, I picked up a $90 product called "Zapped" (at least I think...it's been to long) and it was full of hype and short on actual training. It did a disservice to hypnosis - it was an effort at selling hypnosis to magicians, making a quick buck. I fear this is the same. Do yourself a favor - learn hypnosis properly. Hypnosis is not the same as learning a card trick!
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9904 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Couldn't agree more. That is why it's being promoted here rather than in the hypnosis forum here on the Café where it should be because this type of thing gets called out for what exactly what you are saying. Hypnosis targeted to magicians and DJs is not typically proper actual hypnosis.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
How about "who cares" about the letters after your name Cris? Oh let me answer that, Nobody cares Cris. We love James Brown. We love James Brown's products. We love James Brown's performances. You? Not so much.
If you even took the time to go to the page, you could get samples of the work. "Stuck" is excellent. Is it board certified, genuine hypnosis? Nope. Do we give a F? NOPE. It's entertainment. That's what we want.
So please, go back to the hypnosis area and mingle with all your Ericksonian board certified, letter names and leave the real entertainer, James Brown, alone.
James

Quote:
On Sep 16, 2016, Cris Johnson wrote:
As a Board Certified Hypnotist & Certified Instructor of hypnosis with over 11 years of stage & clinical experience through the National Guild of Hypnotists (the largest organization of it's kind in the world)I can only say that the advertisement does not get into nearly enough information to make an informed choice as to whether or not this is for you. Many of the cheaper "courses" of hypnosis aimed at magicians do not get into nearly enough of what's really going on inside someone's mind. Although I've not seen the course, based on the ad and hyperbole in it, I would say that anyone truly wanting to learn hypnosis would be best served to seek out a qualified instructor. With proper instruction, you can indeed learn wonderful methods of hypnotizing people without formal inductions, invent your own, etc. But for $150 I'm skeptical that it really gives a newbie the right knowledge. A few years ago, I picked up a $90 product called "Zapped" (at least I think...it's been to long) and it was full of hype and short on actual training. It did a disservice to hypnosis - it was an effort at selling hypnosis to magicians, making a quick buck. I fear this is the same. Do yourself a favor - learn hypnosis properly. Hypnosis is not the same as learning a card trick!
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9904 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Who cares? Those that understand the difference between real, actual hypnosis and these pseudo effects and and basic suggestibility tests for magicians passed off as hypnosis, targeted to magicians, that is often not hypnosis at all. Many people care.

Those"letters after your name" shows commitment, credibility and a level of skill and proficiency from a governing and certifying board, association or educational institution that many do care about with regard to quality, skill, safety, credibility and legitimacy. Sorry this seems to escape you.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2489 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2016, Mindpro wrote:
Those"letters after your name" shows commitment, credibility and a level of skill and proficiency from a governing and certifying board, association or educational institution that many do care about with regard to quality, skill, safety, credibility and legitimacy. Sorry this seems to escape you.

An interesting read, perhaps: http://www.dreichel.com/articles/dr_zoe.htm
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I do not recognise the authority of that governing board. I also do not recognise your authority as a "certified" hypnotist. Trance state is a common state for all humans. Your "governing board" just wants to monetise that.
Again, the audience really doesn't care if it's "real" hypnosis or a "pseudo stunt". As long as it's entertaining. Believe me, James Brown is a powerhouse entertainer. He rocks the house.
James

Quote:
Who cares? Those that understand the difference between real, actual hypnosis and these pseudo effects and and basic suggestibility tests for magicians passed off as hypnosis, targeted to magicians, that is often not hypnosis at all. Many people care.

Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Exactly my point. Bogus letters from a bogus governing board. NLP seminars and hypnosis certification. Hilarious.
James

Quote:
On Sep 20, 2016, WitchDocChris wrote:
Quote:

An interesting read, perhaps: http://www.dreichel.com/articles/dr_zoe.htm
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9904 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2016, Xiqual wrote:
the audience really doesn't care if it's "real" hypnosis or a "pseudo stunt".

Couldn't disagree with you more, sorry.
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
At least this person had the sense to see the product before reviewing it -

How many hypnosis products offer a no question 7 days money back guarantee?

James Brown
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pickpocketing & Hypnosis Courses (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL