The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Duck magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
taddo
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of taddo
Does anyone know any duck illusions? I know the take apart box vanish to bucket, anything else. I've seen several performers produce many ducks form a cloth. I think Burton does it in his show. Also does anyone know where to get a nice take apart box.

taddo
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
There are many, such as "Where do the ducks go" which was quite an extraveganza for Fu Manchu. Okito did some duck magic. As far as standard duck magic, I do the following:

Duck Bucket
Duck Wringer with a flat duck
Duck Tear Apart Vanish
Tip over box production

Many of the asian magicians used duck body loads, which went with their outfits better than they would for most of us.
quack
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I saw an Animal Magic special on Animal Planet and there was some great duck magic.

There was a magician (for the live of me I cannot remember his name, but it is the guy on Saved by the Bell that runs the lunch joint). He had an appearing duck from straight jacket type thing. Pretty neat.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Oh that was Ed Alonzo, he's got an awesome duck routine. I think the best routine is the where do the ducks go to duck bucket, you'll need two ducks, but its a nice routine and audiences seem to always like it.

sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
PyroJeffNic
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
161 Posts

Profile of PyroJeffNic
Morressy Magic up in Canada makes Duck Pans, Other than that I don't know. I saw Jason Byrne do something really cool once. He drew a Duck on once of those white boards, then he whiped it off with a black silk and produced a duck from that. Check it out---> http://www.jasonbyrne.com
retrostylemagic
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
The Morressy pan wouldn't have a hope of holding a fair sized duck. The 'super' pan they make is a good size, but won't fool anyone. The only 2 pans to use for a duck are the Abbott's pan and the Owen pan.
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
Quote:
On 2004-03-11 11:58, Astinus wrote:
I saw an Animal Magic special on Animal Planet and there was some great duck magic.

There was a magician (for the live of me I cannot remember his name, but it is the guy on Saved by the Bell that runs the lunch joint). He had an appearing duck from straight jacket type thing. Pretty neat.

Ed Alonzo
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On 2004-03-13 01:03, WayneNZ wrote:

The only 2 pans to use for a duck are the
Abbotts pan and the Owen pan.

Rings 'N' Things also made a great Duck Pan, but it's rare.
I have seen a few pop up on eBay .
Recently KT Magic (Kenna Thompson) was selling one.
As of 5/19/04 it's still up on the KT Magic site.
Here's a photo:

http://www.ktmagic.com/images/rntduckpan2.jpg

http://www.ktmagic.com/exclusives.html

I had one back in the late 70's, but then sold it when I went to college because I wasn't doing magic at that time and needed the money.
Richard_Moor
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Richard_Moor
Hi,

For those of you who do duck magic how do you travel with your ducks? I currently use doves which are kept in a large cat carry when travelling but was curious as to how you would travel with a duck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rich
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Rich,

My wife Lucy (also on the Café) uses geese. She transports them in a large dog carrier. Doves we transport in cat carriers. (The live unicorn, takes more space!)

Enjoy!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Ducks are pretty easy to travel with, at least shows where you will be back home in the evening. I have a box, about twice as big as the duck, that he travels in. Like rabbits, they do not mind, even like, to be in dark places. When using ducks, I suggest the males. The females can, if they cut loose, let out a quack that would be heard a half mile away. The drakes have very soft voices...maybe not recognized as ducks by the average person.
quack
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Magicduck,

Ducks are very easy traveling buddies. Once imprinted, at home they are sort of like dogs and just like to follow you around the yard and be with you. It doesn't have to be a special event, just hanging out together. They probably will enjoy standing in the lawn sprinkler better than you do. But humans dress funny anyway.

Enjoy!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Abbott's still makes a good duck pan that will hold a duck easily.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I cannot vouch for the quality since I have not seen it in person but there is a Duck Cabinet and Suitcase from Tora Magic. The description reads: "The magician displays a kind of cupboard from all sides to the spectators. He opens the front,side,and top doors of the cupboard in order that it can be shown quite empty. Now, the spectators are certain that there is nothing inside the cupboard. Upon one magical movement,the magician opens the top doors of the cupboard. Astonishingly,the spectators see a very nice duck has been appeared from it. But no body knows from where the duck has been appeared." Their website is

http://www.toramagic.net/htm/home.htm

Just another option.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
In offering advice from an old guy, I would start by asking George at Chalet Magic what he has or can make for duck magic. I have used his equipment hard for many years (30+) and prefer it to Owens and others. Lucy and I have seven major pieces of his equipment in the show now. It really is pro stuff that can take it.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
sileeni
View Profile
Veteran user
UK.
361 Posts

Profile of sileeni
Quote:
On 2004-08-31 13:45, Bob Sanders wrote:
Magicduck,

Ducks are very easy traveling buddies. Once imprinted, at home they are sort of like dogs and just like to follow you around the yard and be with you. It doesn't have to be a special event, just hanging out together. They probably will enjoy standing in the lawn sprinkler better than you do. But humans dress funny anyway.

Enjoy!

Bob
Magic By Sander

Hi,
Just a quick question on ducks.
I'm due to get 3 pekin ducks in the next few weeks, and I'm told that they are a year old. Do you know if they are still going to be young enough to train up for a magic act, or do they have to be a few weeks old so they can imprint?
Thanks,

sileeni.............................................
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Profile of Michael Berends
Here are a few more duck effects:

-Duck Cannon
-Duck Wringer

Michael Berends
www.michaelberends.com
"IMPOSSIBLE HAS JUST BECOME AN OPINION"
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
"(The live unicorn, takes more space!)"

Have you still not taught it to fly Bob? hehe. I'm still waiting for the Europe tour!

Matt
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Sileeni,

A duck that is a year old is much too old to imprint. At Disney someone in a Donald Duck costume is at the hatchery when the ducks hatch. However, it does not mean that they cannot be trained.

Frankly, I would rather have a trained animal than an imprinted one. An imprinted animal just recognizes you as a family member and will try to stay with you. A trained animal will perform on command. The audience is interested in the performance.

Matt,

Unicorns don't have wings. Pegasus has wings. Unicorn comes from the French. Pegasus is Greek.

Star Dancer, one of the unicorns cut her knee Sunday and will be out of work for a few weeks. With her cut knee she can't kneel and do her act. She will be fine when it heals. We have two unicorns for times like these. But Star Duster hasn't been to circus school yet. So she is just another pretty face and stage hog. She can appear and disappear. (She can make horse feed vanish too!) But she doesn't have an act of her own like big sister does.

Thanks for asking about the European Tour. Lucy and I still want to come in 2005. Mid February we have houseguests from France and Europe. Then we will also know more about when the books are available too.

Enjoy!

Bob
Magic By Sander

Click here to view attached image.
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
Does any one know where I can get some white call ducks?

They seam to be very hard to find these days.

thanks,
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Duck magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL