The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Up-date on Jim Sparx (AKA Sparky and Spartacus) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3643 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
My friend Jim Sparx has sent an update on his situation. I met Jim while we were greeting newbys in the "Our New Arrivals" Forum but I'm sure many of you know him from other fora. He said it was OK to pass this along.

Now home after three weeks at MD Anderson Houston and San Antonio. Surgery on the 1st March. Took out a tumor attached to esophagus. Now they can do the radioactive thing without burning a hole in windpipe. Too many doctors and too many test with needle biopsies. Stayed in hotel most of time while in Houston. Daughter picked me up from Houston for two days to San Antonio and then back to Houston. No problems with surgery except they cut through vocal nerves. I was all ready without one vocal cord not working when they took out thyroid last year. Don’t know how long this will last but can barely speak
Wife had surgery here on the 29th. Found a malignant polyp in nasal cavity two months ago. Took out all of top teeth and drilled up through pallet to get to it. In bad pain, cant move facial muscles, hard to talk. Basically we are both mute. She is in worse shape than me.
Sons and daughters were here while I was in Houston.
Feel free to post this.
missed gallery for 3 weeks so hopefully back to work on Thur. Won a prize at last art show, entered in more upcoming. Sold some paintings through website
tired it's been a long 3 weeks. I will keep you updated.

Jim Sparx

-Mary Mowder
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I had wondered whatever happened to Jim. I always enjoyed his posts here. My best to him.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8334 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Same here, Michael!

I knew of Jim's medical problems, but, this latest information brings me up to date.

Jim has a fine collection of 400 magic dealer catalogs, which he is offering for sale.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Thanks so much Mary.
Please tell him hi and best wishes from me.

I used to enjoy our interactiion immensely.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Up-date on Jim Sparx (AKA Sparky and Spartacus) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL