The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » An observation. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20295 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am flying out of the Punta Cana airport as I write this. I have noticed this before but today it is even more obvious.

It used to be in airports you met such interesting people. People from everywhere going everywhere. You could read a newspaper, read a book or talk with others. Cell phone tech has killed that third option. Everyone is buried in the phone. Yes I understand the irony of me posting as this happens so please don't point it out.

I am just thinking that while tech makes the world smaller it seems to drive us apart.

The first observation I was going to make, and I tried to make it to the guy next to me who was on his phone so it lead to my second observation, which you a as my first was the following. (Someone get to the proper grammar on that and let me know.)

I preferred at Wendy's here at the airport. Do it all the time right when I an taking off. I order hamburgers plain. Always have everywhere. I do it at homes and it takes at least one more try for them to get it right. I have ordered plain hamburgers in more countries and more languages than I can remember and they get it right first time!

It is one area America Definately trails the world in. B
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Salguod Nairb
View Profile
Room 101
-3 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I've noticed that outside the USA fast food workers are much happier and are glad to have the job. In the Middle East they are spotless and they all greet you when you walk in (Hello Sir). In the Philippines, most of them are college graduates.

In the states, they are there because they couldn't get hired anywhere else, and it reflects in the service. When I was in the States I would always look at the staff before I would decide to order. If they had more grease on them then the fries I would go elsewhere.

Travel was once an occasion. Now it is something to be endured and supplement the ordeal with distractions.

I never have time to socialize at airports as I'm always being pulled out of the line for a 'random' search. Especially in the States.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20295 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea it is strange what you begin to crave. I have been at a 5 star resort since November. I start to want fast food for some reason.

Then of course I get home and in a couple days it passes LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20295 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess I get to reconsider my position.

I met two people flying from Chicago home to Las Vegas. They were reasons dead tree books. Very friendly very nice people.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » An observation. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL