The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Faced Super Triple Coin Routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bobandjim
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of bobandjim
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40pTCa6hlwE

My camera didn't want to record for more than a minute, so I had to stitch a few takes together. You'll just have to trust that I didn't do anything sneaky behind the scenes ;-)

Here's my favorite way of using this gimmick. What's yours?
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Very nice routine, I like it! I didn't even notice any jumps in the video.
My only concern is with the switch at 1:05 - neither of those moves is something I'd be able to do with a normal pair of coins, so it feels a tad funny to me.

On the other hand, that could just be the magician in me paying too much attention.

I liked the touch of the phone bell as it appeared. What did you do to time that so well? Or was it an audio effect after the fact?
bobandjim
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of bobandjim
Actually I just happened to get a text message at that exact moment. It was totally unplanned, but it worked great.

The move at 1:05 is defiantly not one that works well on camera. In practice, I point to a spectator standing at the back of the group and ask them to try blowing on the coin. Usually most of the crowd will turn around to look him or her as they blow on the coin. By the time they turn around, they see the has changed, but not the motion of sliding it back into place. There is also a larger action of me leaning towards the "blower" and then back to my original position that helps as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Faced Super Triple Coin Routines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL