The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Where is your office located? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Presently my office is in my house.

Previously years ago I rented an office inside of a commercial building.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My office is wherever I am. A permanent one in my house. But satellite offices in the Dominican Republic, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta , Branson, and Chicago. I take what I need with me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Here is a photo of where I be at usually while posting here:

TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
My office is in my pocket. You call, I'm in.
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Living in the 21st Century is amazing. We know have tablets that are way more portable than the laptop and we have smart phones that are a; computer, phone, calendar, internet, tv, watch, compass, etc all rolled into one.
I do have a office in my home but most of my time in the "office" is actually spent on the tablet/phone where ever I maybe except for my bedroom - it can be unhealthy and unwise to conduct business/business operations where you sleep unless you enjoy insomnia
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Having an office in your home is a waste of money, unless you have a direct entrance to the office. The IRS said an office is not tax deductible unless you have a direct entrance to it from the outside. So why even have a office.
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1291 Posts

Profile of Robb
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Having an office in your home is a waste of money, unless you have a direct entrance to the office. The IRS said an office is not tax deductible unless you have a direct entrance to it from the outside. So why even have a office.

I don't think that's accurate. My accountant has been getting me my home office deduction for over a decade. I think they know the rules.
Pirouz
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Pirouz
Quote:

Whaaaat?
I'm going to have to fire my tax accountant. Smile
Pirouz
Pirouz
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Pirouz
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2016, Dynamike wrote:
Here is a photo of where I be at usually while posting here:

Beautiful office
Pirouz
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2016, Pirouz wrote:
Quote:

Whaaaat?
I'm going to have to fire my tax accountant. Smile

Me too.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:

My accountant told me a little different. She told me if anything is not business related in my office, the IRS will discard it from being an office. Even if it was not tax deductible I still like how handy it is for a few of reasons:

1. Everything is organized and in place when needed.

2. It looks professional incase a customer, prospect or news media wants to ask me questions or make last minute forms.

3. Helps encourages me to work harder and harder.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Bill, maybe you thinking of having a retail space in the home.

It’s been said that office space in the home is one of the most questionable deductions there is.
Lots of rules to follow for sure.

Mike's office space does look good.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have never once had a customer show up su my office.

But I think Mike has the same information I do about offices.

Also even if they are not deductible he is right about organization and it can put you in the right frame of mind to work when needed.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1291 Posts

Profile of Robb
Home office is absolutely deductible and to be frank, the rules are much looser than you guys are implying here.
Pirouz
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Pirouz
When I had my video business, I had an office in my house.
My accountant told me to measure the office space and calculate the percentage to my entire house.
Also, all my assets necessary for my job were deducted, such as computers, TV, camera, etc.
I never had a problem and I didn't need a separate door entrance.
Pirouz
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Back in 1997 thru 2005 I rented a suite. I do not mind showing the pictures with you:

I use to have a secretary back then. Presently I am thinking about getting a brick and mortar building to expand my business.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Several years ago I rented a small office in a professional building for $125 a month.
I now pay $500 a month for a large open space inside a warehouse and office building. I have my office set up there along with storage space for Merch (anyone need some ball and vases? :-p). And room to set up / rehearse illusions.

The room is very basic. But the price includes utilities and there is a loading dock and large ramp just down the hall.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2018, thomasR wrote:
Several years ago I rented a small office in a professional building for $125 a month.
I now pay $500 a month for a large open space inside a warehouse and office building. I have my office set up there along with storage space for Merch (anyone need some ball and vases? :-p). And room to set up / rehearse illusions.

The room is very basic. But the price includes utilities and there is a loading dock and large ramp just down the hall.

How much money has the $6,000 a year helped you to earn?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I made the decision at the beginning of 2018 to put together a stage show with illusions. With that decision came the need for a space for illisions. In about 5 years I'll be able to answer your question.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Rehearsal space is not expensive. $30,000 in 5 years seems like a lot to me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Where is your office located? (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL