The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Name some things you used to use actual software for that now you do via an online website. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
When Salguod Nairb tipped me to Lunapic a few days ago, it got me wondering about all the software programs that I used to download for fun and productivity, and for some silly reason it occurred to me that some of the things I used to do via software I now do thru 1 or more websites.

- various games, such as chess
- biblical study/info
- photo editing (Salgoud Smile got me going here just days ago)

I thought it might be informative and enjoyable for people to share their own experiences with this, and provide links, if you like.

Lunapic - http://www190.lunapic.com/editor/

Bible Gateway - www.biblegateway.com

My old favorite, Missile Command! - http://my.ign.com/atari/missile-command
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Grammar and spelling can be checked at websites.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4863 Posts

Profile of landmark
Some people do their taxes online. Personally, I would never do that, but YMMV.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Google's new Dreamscope is a hoot! About 50-60 filters that can be applied singly or in combinations over your photos....and these filters are a step up from the usual. all free on the site, and now a bunch of my apps are obsolete.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile
Room 101
-3 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb

Lunapic is a staple. You can pull images from URL's, modify them, and link them all while online.

Most of my sites are animations related. I no longer play games online and instead have projects to keep me busy.

Adobe Fuse (3 Gig download) is free to use and it allows me to create custom characters. I wash the character through Lunapic and use them in Comic Life 3. I'm playing around with Amberlight to add accents to my projects.

Amberlight 2 allows me to make the light dance (animated), but I have yet to use it (behind in projects)
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Thanks, Tom - I'll have to check that out!

Landmark, I think people still use actual software to do the taxes, but they file them on line. That's what we've done the last number of years...but maybe taxes can all be done via a website now?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Salguod Nairb
View Profile
Room 101
-3 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I pay my taxes online. I haven't written a check (cheque) in years.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2016, Chessmann wrote:
Thanks, Tom - I'll have to check that out!

Landmark, I think people still use actual software to do the taxes, but they file them on line. That's what we've done the last number of years...but maybe taxes can all be done via a website now?

Turbotax offers an online version for doing (not just filing) your taxes, at least here in Canada. There are others I've heard of offering the same.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4863 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:

Yes, there are websites that allow you to do the actual taxes online for free--not just file them electronically.
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
SkyDrive and Drop Box: I keep most of my files for work online so I can access them from any device or oomputer.
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2728 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2016, landmark wrote:
Some people do their taxes online. Personally, I would never do that, but YMMV.

We did our taxes online for five years. Then we got hit with identity theft and someone got caught stealing our tax returns! Now we have to paper file, any electronic return with our names on it will be rejected!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Salguod Nairb
View Profile
Room 101
-3 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I've used the same tax accountant for the last 20 years. Each year we correspond via email with password protected files. When the taxes forms are completed I call him and give him my payment information. Six years ago I had to mail a check to the IRS; which was rather nerve racking weeks to confirm they received my payment.

Now I pay online and have instant confirmation. I haven't been back in the USA since 2011, so online access is a must.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Name some things you used to use actual software for that now you do via an online website. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL