The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New Ammar Video! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
L&L Publishing just released the new Ammar Classic Renditions Vol.4. Just go to the site.
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I was under the impression that Rollover Aces was going to be featured on his new ETMCM 7, 8, and 9. I guess not. I'll definitely be picking this up soon.
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Holy Guacomole! I was figuring that the new Ammar tape would be out later this year.

I was trying to guess which "classic" Mike would go with since he's already done Cups and Balls, Floating Bill, IBS, and CMHC's. Plus his linking rings DVD will be out in the not too distant future from what I hear. I was thinking maybe a nice ring and string routine, sponge balls (since he did the sponge rabbits on CNN), or something with silks. I never would have guessed that he'd devote a whole tape to one card routine. He sure picked a GREAT routine, however; as a nice bonus he's including a cool Cornelius routine as well. Next on my list.
proliv
View Profile
New user
Portugal
36 Posts

Profile of proliv
Very good news. Another great video, I hope, from a great magic teacher. I've learned a lot with ETMCM 1,2,3,4,5 and still learning.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
From an e-mail from L&L Publishing:
"...a new release from Michael Ammar - Classic Renditions #4 featuring Derek Dingle's Roll Over Aces plus John Cornelius' Marked for Life.

Learning Roll over Aces can convince an audience you have a supernatural level of skill with a deck of cards. Here you'll learn everything - the full handling, thinking, theatrics and presentation that Michael Ammar has been performing for over 25 years!

Also Featuring...Marked for Life!
John Cornelius - The only American ever to win world magic titles in two different categories - developed one of the most commercial effects with four cards of the last twenty years. Numerous performances on talk shows and televised magic specials have proven the commercial value of this entertaining, yet astonishing routine!"

Rollover Aces is also in print in The Complete Works of Derek Dingle, by Richard Kaufman, page 148.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Does anyone know the effect of Marked For Life?
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
I don't understand. Classic Renditions 4 is ETMCM 4,5, and 6? Could someone please explain? I went to the site but the newest video is business card miracles.
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
Cool, thanks for posting. I'll will have to have a look at that!

P.S. What is the website?
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
Check here: http://www.llpub.com/index.html

Then scroll down about half the length of the page for a preview that you can download.
Steve Pellegrino
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Steve Pellegrino
All of you Ammar fans are really going to enjoy this new DVD. I saw it about 2 weeks ago and immediately added Marked For Life.

Marked for Life has a sort of Con Game feel to it, but has two killer punches at the end. Harry Anderson did it once on The Tonight Show. The effect has been around for a long time. I had never seen it or heard of it and was thrilled to learn it.

Stay tuned - there is more Ammar on the way this year!
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Great. I may pick this up. Rollover Aces from Dingle's book gives me a headache. I just did not like the description of the effect at all. Actually come to think of it, most of the effects from that book was hard, tedious reading. Mr. Kaufman did some better works before. Ammar, I'm sure, teaches this wonderfully.
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
Shane, Classic Renditions Vol. 4 is different from ETMCM 4-6. ETMCM is a series of six videos/DVD that Michael Ammar put together in the 90's all with classic card effects. There about, I'm guessing 60+ card effects on those tapes. The new one only has two effects on them, I believe. If you do not have the ETMCM I would recommend them highly! Hope this helps.

I am definitely putting Classic Renditions on my wish list!

Cheers!
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I'm so mad that Ammar put Roll Over Aces on video. lol. I've been doing the effect for about two years now, and I learned it in about a weekend from reading the Dingle book. It was the one effect that really knocked out magicians and lay audiences alike. It's a great effect, but does have a degree of difficulty.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
David, re:
"Actually come to think of it, most of the effects from that book was hard, tedious reading. Mr. Kaufman did some better works before."

Before? The Dingle book was Kaufman's FIRST hardcover publication, back in 1982.

Roll over Aces on video so soon after Derek's death?
Seems ill timed to me. Wonder what Derek's cut was.

Paul.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Derek dies suddenly and this project was shot awhile ago. I think a proper mourning period has passed.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Sorry, Paul. I misphrased the sentence. In other words, Mr. Kaufman wrote works that were clearer than the Dingle book.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I think that, out of literally thousands of card routines which Ammar could have chosen, the fact that he chose Mr. Dingle's wonderful routine as one of his monumental "Classic Renditions" speaks volumes about both Ammar's eye for quality routines and Dingle's clever routining.

Dingle was a genius in every sense of the word, and I think that this video, even though it was obviously planned well before Dingle's untimely passing, should be seen as one last tribute to the master.
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Quote:
On 2004-03-09 18:52, mjb16 wrote:
Shane, Classic Renditions Vol. 4 is different from ETMCM 4-6. ETMCM is a series of 6 videos/dvd that Michael Ammar put together in the 90's all with classic card effects. There about, I'm guessing 60+ card effects on those tapes. The new one only has two effects on them I beleive. If you do not have the ETMCM I would recommend them highly!! Hope this helps.

I am definately putting Classic Renditions on my wish list!!!

Cheers!

Thanks, I already have two of the ETMCM tapes but when he mentioned classic renditions 4 everyone started talking about the new ETMCM tapes. Thanks for clearing that up.
bvbernard
View Profile
New user
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
95 Posts

Profile of bvbernard
Quote:
On 2004-03-09 16:41, david_a_whitehead wrote:
rollover aces from dingle's book gives me a headache. I just did not like the description of the effect at all. Actually come to think of it, most of the effects from that book was hard, tedious reading.

I agree. The writeup was a big disservice to Roll Over Aces. It is a very poorly written description of a wonderful routine.

Bruce
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
I had the pleasure of seing Curtis Kam perform Dingle's Roll Over Aces last summer, and boy was I impressed. The setup and steps involved are quite daunting, but the final outcome is nothing short of a miracle.

Sorry, Curtis, I had to let the cat out of the bag: Your pasteboard skills are just as amazing as your coin work!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New Ammar Video! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL