The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » V by Manos Kartsakis Which Hand Effect (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2201 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Alex here.

So we come to yet another which hand effect, in which you are all wondering, do we really need another one? Well, let me tell you, in this case, YES!

To think that after Tequila Hustler was released, you would think that it would be hard to surpass, well this work is just as good as Tequila Hustler, because I feel that both routines compliment each other really well, you could start out doing this, and then merge into Tequila Hustler.

So, what do you get? This is an actual physical book, but while you wait, Michael Murray sends you the pdf so you don't have to wait long and can start learning right away.

The ebook is 54 pages, and covers several variations on the which hand plot, with only 1 question being asked. Though, I feel that the book is really good, the best part is at the end, in which Manos treats us to a stage piece, involving the whole audience, with a spectator using intuition and an unfathomable prediction and finale. I will use this!!!

For fans of Bruce Bernstein/Ted K, you will see some ideas relating to an effect that I have performed countless times to both laymen and magicians alike, and have fooled the brightest. Its not really a matter of fooling, its a matter of getting everyone involved, participating, and presentation is key here.

Though, I did receive a review copy of this work, I would have gladly paid for this.

I feel the variations you receive, plus the stage piece alone is worth the price.

It is something that I will use, and gets your gears moving and thinking.

So, what are all these variations I am referring to, and what are the contents of the book?

Here we go:

About the Author = you get to know Manos and how he started later on in mentalism during his teens
History & Credits = crediting and history behind the main theme
Introduction
Veritas = which hand effect, during which participant can lie or tell the truth, and the mentalist can discern the location of the object with 100% accuracy.
Vox = This time no questions are asked, only played in the spectators mind, and yet you always know.
Verbalist = Done with 2 spectators, a couple of questions and yet you know who is a truthteller/liar and who has the coin, reminds me of Banachek's routine in a way.
Vice Versa = the stage piece I was talking about above, with 3 small phases, in which spectators use their intuition playing a game in discerning a piece of information about a coin, plus other info relating to the coin, and finally a knockout prediction for the finale. I forgot to mention above that part of the routine reminded me a lot of Max Maven and Colin Mcleod, and something they have done in the past.

that's about it.

You get all of these presentations, and like I said, after performing this you could go right into Tequila Hustler.

Nice work from Manos on this.

Thanks Michael for putting this out as well.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Elite user
SLC, Utah
478 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
I've never been dissapointed by anything endorsed by Michael so I jumped on this right away.

So glad I did!

If you liked Tequila Hustler you're bound to feel the same way about "V" - and as Alex stated above, the ideas underpinning "V" and "TH" work PERFECTLY together.

I'll definitely keep my eye out for more work by Manos!

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Now Available: OMNI-TEST (Limited Release)
www.mindofandrews.com/omni-test

ARCHITECT OF THE MIND
For more information and to download a free preview visit the link below:
www.mindofandrews.com/colleagues

PENGUIN LIVE ACT: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11689
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
WILL eventually buy both TH and 'V,' but given the choice, which would you guys invest in first?

Poor question I know, but today was payday and want to pick up one of the two so...

Cheers and thanks in advance for any insight you can offer!!
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
If you buy now V you will have both book and ebook...

Both the books are super!

Whatever you will take... you will be happy!
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Elite user
SLC, Utah
478 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
That's really a toss up...

You really can't go wrong with either.

They both offer multiple variations on the theme.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

ARCHITECT OF THE MIND

celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Many thanks for the kind words gents, you can be sure that this is just the beginning when it comes to Manos's releases, he has plenty more in the pipeline. I am always picky on what goes on my site and appreciate the faith in my judgement Smile

I agree, I wouldnt suggest one over the other as they are both amazing products and can sit equally side by side (hence they are the exact same price).

Hope you enjoy using the ideas, now off to finish TH2 ha ha

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3052 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I think Manos is a guy that is going to have a big name in Mentalism soon.
I love the twist he added to this principle and actually it makes everything even more easy to do!
Bravo! Συγχαρητήρια! Smile
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
556 Posts

Profile of sjrw
@Jeff Wassom

I'd suggest TH is the better starting point.
I found the explanations easier to get my head around, and I think that having knowledge of TH before reading V was really useful for me.
Don't get me wrong... I've really enjoyed V, I'm just glad I had read TH first.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11608 Posts

Profile of John C
Done! I own them both.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Elite user
SLC, Utah
478 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
You're in for a great weekend of reading John!

ARCHITECT OF THE MIND

twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Ordered! I love Tewuila Hustler and my Sixth Sense 2.5. I love the which hand plot and the principle behind TH and Rock Paper Lies. I ordered the hard copy. Am I correct that I should also be receiving an ebook while waiting for the hard copy to arrive? I'm excited to read this!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11608 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2016, DrewBstoss wrote:
You're in for a great weekend of reading John!

Haha. The day I received the email for TH I clicked. A few months ago maybe....when did that come out?

A few days ago I received the email from Michael on V. I clicked. I thought Michael would be sleeping or something over there in England. But, no, he sent it right over.

Great stuff.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2016, sjrw wrote:
@Jeff Wassom

I'd suggest TH is the better starting point.
I found the explanations easier to get my head around, and I think that having knowledge of TH before reading V was really useful for me.
Don't get me wrong... I've really enjoyed V, I'm just glad I had read TH first.

Thanks sjrw, answer I was looking for. =)
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Twisted dance, all copies of V have been emailed within seven hours, most within the hour. Let me know your order number if you havent received it and I will sort it Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Hi Michael. It arrived! Thank you!
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
I've just read this (haven't performed it yet) and I think it is very good. It adds an interesting layer to the typical which-hand/truth-liar effect, which makes the routine both easy to perform and really hard to backtrack.

PS: I thought I could use both V and Manoeda to do a 3 phase routine (where the first phase would be a calibration phase: basically just guessing), but I'm struggling to go from one to the other in performance...
Orlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Puerto Rico
214 Posts

Profile of Orlan
Do the methods described in V include repetition or a multi phase "which hand" routine, or are they for one time use?
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
556 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Alex

I am aware of the Ted K references in V. But could you point me in the direction of the Bruce Bernstein reference?

Cheers,

Sam
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Bruce Bernstein's Croiset Affair can be found in his excellent compendium, Unreal. Not sure where it originally appeared.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1016 Posts

Profile of rasp
Orlan, they are definitely not limited to a one time use.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » V by Manos Kartsakis Which Hand Effect (38 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL