The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Watch Crystal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1902 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Anyone hear of this effect by Eric Maurin? Show a glass disk, spectator thinks of a time, blow on the disc and the selected time is revealed...It retails for $50!! so I'm assuming this isn't the usual method....any opinions?

Chris
CENDRE
View Profile
Veteran user
FRANCE
334 Posts

Profile of CENDRE
I think it is the usual method.
I'm pretty sure it's a new attempt to do worldwide premium trick with an oldie.

In fact I bet it's the old method with a force... Maybe I'm wrong but I'm almost convinced that there is nothing new in this effect.
They have probably think of killer concepts (for example they provide you with not only 1 glass but 3 or 4 glasses (We are happy now) so you can force not only 1 time but 3 or 4 different times, amazing).

I hope I'm wrong but I think it's a trick in a nutshell (Is this the corrct expression to say : A trick quickly find)
Il était une fois...

CENDRE
Paris
FRANCE
Manfredo
View Profile
New user
Nuernberg/Germany
93 Posts

Profile of Manfredo
Perhaps the selection is free, but you have an opotunuty to wright the time with a special liquid on the glass.

Manfred
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4606 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
What if the glass can be quickly rotated?

On the other hand (pun intended), there's a much easier and better method to accomplish this effect.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

Profile of Devils Advocaat
I guarantee that this trick is as old as the hills (as cendre mentions). It's odds-on there is a force involved and you may be supplied with 2 discs for two different showings. How do I know? Ever heard of a trick called 'Grand Pa's Specs'? I had one about 20 years ago, same principle. As well as breathing on the disc you can lick your palm first and the condensation will do the rest.

Frank. Smile
"My Karma ran over my Dogma..."
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
I have to agree, especially if it's selling for less than $75.00, that it's our old "Ghost Glass" friend in a different suit... a "legal" twist to PK Time I guess you could say. Smile

Yes Philmone... there are many other (much more cool) ways of doing it. But, here's an idea... in that a force is more than likely at hand anywho...

Get the Ghost Glass "system" and gaff a drinking glass... preferrably one that belongs to a sitter... force the time by your favorite method and allow condensation do the rest via a cool beverage... the spirits reveal something written down and known only by the sitter... Smile
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
Agathon
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Agathon
There is a review on Magigtalk.

Charles Spector Smile
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
This Ghost Glass variation uses a clever number force by Steinmeyer called "The One O'Clock Mystery" which can now be found in his new booklet "Impuzzibilities".

While it is a calculation force, it can be well veiled in presentation. I suspect any performer who feels comfortable using the Watch Crystal gimmick, should have little problem with the force. If someone wanted something less commercial and a bit more on the supernatural fence, I would go with Darmoe's suggestion.

On a side note, the One O'Clock Mystery would make for an excellent interactive mental magic piece for a television spot.
Jim Reynolds
View Profile
Elite user
Special Guest
431 Posts

Profile of Jim Reynolds
There is also a review of it here in The good, the bad and the garbage section:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/archive1/vie......29&8
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Watch Crystal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL