The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I have joined the collective! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2728 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Got years I was satisfied with a flip phone. Last year, they had a Samsung Centura on clearance for $20. I picked it up and was immediately sorry. It gave me a taste of what a smart phone could do, but threw all kinds of curves in the way! It was through Tracfone, so I had to buy a card every three months. The card gab xxx minutes, xxx texts and xxx g-bytes. I don't know what the phone was doing, but the bytes seemed to run out after two weeks! Furthermore, the thing would freeze up on me. I don't know if it was because I was doing too much on a crappy phone or what, but it would lock up and I'd have to restart it a half a dozen times before it would run properly. Meanwhile, my wife got an iPhone 6 through Consumer Cellular and was very happy. Finally, I asked her if they could get a second line and I currently have an iPhone 5s with which I have had no problems.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1822 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
No cell phone for me. So I guess I haven't "joined the collective" ... and probably never will.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15959 Posts

Profile of tommy
No cell phone for me neither, as they irritate me more or less. I prefer a secretary as they are not so expensive and also make a nice cup of tea.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5003 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I was very satisfied with my 5s for the last couple years. It was a great phone and is still capable of upgrading the IOS when it changes. I did upgrade to an iPhone 6s plus due to the larger screen (otherwise my 5s was just fine, darn old age and eyesight) Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
You did good with Consumer Cellular Ed, they offer great packages and you don't have contracts. I've had them for two years and I couldn't be happier. They don't cover you out of the US and in Canada, but they do a good job otherwise. I have the 5-C and wish I'd have waited for the 6, but I still love the I-Phone. You're never without your computer. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile
Room 101
-3 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I would not take a smart phone even if it was free. I have a cheap Nokia, no flip, no touch screen, no nothing. I can call, text, and take so-so pictures with it.

It is company provided.

My wife has a smart phone, and my nieces who just turned 11 are asking for a cell. They said they wanted to be able to call and text their friends. I offered to buy them the same model I have and they groaned...
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
"I have joined the collective!"

Welcome, Komrade!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3369 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Resistance is futile. Prepare to be assimilated...
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
842 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2016, arthur stead wrote:
No cell phone for me. So I guess I haven't "joined the collective" ... and probably never will.

You just have a home phone and when you step out no one can reach you?? They have to *wait* until you get *home*??? LOL I knew you were "old school." I'm digging it.

I'm really envious if you have one of those bakelite dial phones from Ma Bell though.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15959 Posts

Profile of tommy
Folk never step out now because they are really chickens wearing virtual reality helmets actually living crammed in an assimilated shed.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Salguod Nairb
View Profile
Room 101
-3 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2016, tommy wrote:
Folk never step out now because they are really chickens wearing virtual reality helmets actually living crammed in an assimilated shed.

Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2728 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2016, Chessmann wrote:
"I have joined the collective!"

Welcome, Komrade!

Actually, I think it should be; "Greetings, program!"
Ain't life unkind?"
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
No cell phone here. One of the best things about leaving the house is that no one can contact me. I have an answering machine and a land line. Works fine. Unlike the devices my friends carry whose calls to me frequently end unexpectedly. "Dropped calls" I believe they call it. My land line never drops a call. If they ever make a cell phone that works, I might consider it. My camera makes better pictures too.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2728 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:

I understand your point, but I don't consider having a cellphone to be "joining the collective," it's specifically joining the iPhone group that puts you there.
Ain't life unkind?"
Salguod Nairb
View Profile
Room 101
-3 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
My nieces didn't like the idea of getting a cheap Nokia because they want to be able to go online and play games; which I knew.

So I've decided to compromise. I ordered 3 empty IPhone boxes from Amazon, and I'm going to put the cheap Nokia's inside.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1822 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2016, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:

I understand your point, but I don't consider having a cellphone to be "joining the collective," it's specifically joining the iPhone group that puts you there.

Got it, Ed. Still, I'm happily gadget-free. I do feel sympathy for parents, though. Must be a nightmare to provide kids with all the latest trending in-demand devices!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Greetings Komrade. Here is your new Kollective song, "The Sacred War." This will encourage you to join in the battle as you bring others to the Kollective!

My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I have joined the collective! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL