The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW FARO SHUFLE BOOK :) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
349 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Hello guys I'm super super happy to anounce you that mi book on the faro "Faro Poetry" wich I published 4,5 years ago is finaly translated to english so I can share with you guys my work on this wonderfull shuffle Smile

there I Talk about the best tricks I found in all the faro literature and my versions, new ideas and even principles I developed and my beloved GUIDE DECK STUDY.

the price of the book (for now just ebook format unless you live in argentina Spain or brasil) is 35 dollars before I put it on my web nontricks.com after that it will raise a little bit.

if you are intrested you can contact me via pm or by mail Nicolasmtg@gmail.com with the subject "FARO BOOK"

HERE IS WHAT LUIS OTERO SAYS ON THE PROLOGUE

Prologue

"I want to practice the faro shuffle by doing it with my hands in a container full of dangerous insects in order to get used to the pressure.” Those were the first words I heard from the author of these notes, so I realized he was crazy. However, as sanity isn’t abundant in the world of magic, we instantly became friends.
Those who know me are aware that I love the faro, but I rarely find other people who share that feeling with me. Nicolás is one of those people, and he is not ashamed of it. Between the lines of this treatise, you will find the result of many hours of trial, study and practice. And, if you take the time and look more closely, you will realize this book is really a symbolic faro of knowledge.
If you already master the faro, you will find very useful information here. If you still don’t, then you will surely get really excited when you find out the many wonders you can do with it.
It’s a pleasure to see people share everything they’ve achieved. Without a doubt, that’s one of the most beautiful things about magic, and Nicolás does so in a very generous manner. We can just encourage him to keep doing it for the sake of our art. LUIS OTERO 2010

PS:if you wanna talk about the faro just contact me or add me on face "nicolas pierri" Smile
--------Magician and director at NONTRICKS.COM--------
prg
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of prg
I am glad Luis Otero gave your book a good review. However, call me stupid, but I have no idea who Luis Otero is or why I should listen to him. Can you tell us a little more about your book? How many tricks do you have? Can you link to one on YouTube? Otherwise I am hesitant in spending $35 on a book by a magician I never heard of.
AsL
View Profile
Special user
640 Posts

Profile of AsL
I think many people are thinking the same things that prg has suggested. Can you provide anymore info?
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
349 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Prg pm sent Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4935 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have known Nicolas for a few years now and am familiar with a lot of his coin and card releases from www.nontricks.com
He is a very talented magician from Argentina and is definitely on the rise. I have known of his work on the faro for some time but it was not translated to English until now. I have done the faro shuffle for many many years (it is pretty much the way I always shuffle). Unfortunately for me, that was the extent. A method without an effect (other than doing enough to return to NDO). Now, with the help of this book, I can see a direction to explore through principles, theory and effects that I did not know were possible. I can vouch (for those who know me) that I am impressed with the book after my initial read through. I will certainly have to re-read it and study it in chunks as this is all new to me. (Luckily I already have the deck separation and shuffle down pat) so I can concentrate on the effects going forward.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
magicthree
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Poof, does the book have many tricks involving the Faro in it? I am interested but also would like to know what the contents are.
DanielCardini
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of DanielCardini
Hi.

Im also interested in this book, but I cant understand why you don't provide us with more information regarding the book??
Would be great to know more about this book before we spent 35 dollar into it.

Best Regards
¨//DC
mimo67
View Profile
Elite user
France
419 Posts

Profile of mimo67
Hi guys,
I'm a faro lover and bought the ebook since yesterday. I haven't finished reading it yet and haven't tried the routines on spectators, and I don't personnaly know Nicolas.
But for what I saw by now I can tell you it's a very interesting work about the faro, there are some hints and moves tought at first, and a lot of routines using faro (13 routines + some ideas etc., 60 pages) and some various principles. I knew many if not all of those principles and some of the original routines, but Nicolas gives us his variations and those are worth the price of the ebook, no brainer here for me anyway. Those how don't know will be struck by awesomeness, those are my prefered principles in card magic, so good !
You have to master the faro before, or if you'd like to see what miracles you can do with it here you have an excellent collection of effects that will convince you to do the learning of the faro.
I really recommend this for faro lovers, very well tought out routines, various principles, well written and explained, ok price I think (not every magician will buy this ;-)

And the best news is : Nicolas is working on a vol.2 (english ?) !!! Tell us more about this please Nicolas !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4909 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I use faroshuffle daily. So I I'm interested in anyting new in the world of faro shuffle magic. And this ebook has lot of new goodies. I will soon write more about this excellent faro ebook.
magicthree
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Would love to hear your thoughts.

I first go into the FARO with Marlo and later Alex Elmsley who has some fantastic effects in his "Complete Works". Just picked up Implausibilities dvd by Hudson Taylor which was very good.
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
349 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
POOF DADDY : I'm super happy that you find a good path here on the development of your faro magic !!!
magicthree
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Got to see one of the tricks from the book and it's excellent. I will be purchasing this Monday and will get back with a review after reading it.
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
349 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Thank you Magicthree just remember to first send me an email

BESTS!!!
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2529 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Nicolás Pierri was kind enough to send me a review copy of his eBook Faro Poetry in return for a fair and balanced review. So here it is...

The Faro Poetry eBook runs 60 pages and provides a deep look at the faro shuffle and the ways in which this shuffle can be used in various contexts across multiple effects. He does NOT describe how to faro; rather, this is a book about both the practical (and sometimes theoretical) applications of the shuffle.

The material in the book isn't weighted toward the neophyte faro worker or the guy who's been doing this shuffle for 30 years. Rather, there is a solid mix of material that will appeal to a broad cross-section of faro workers.

For example, incomplete faro shuffles and the "1835" Principle are wonderful techniques for a new faro worker, but are too well-known among most experienced faro workers to be of significant value. On the other end of the spectrum, his take on Gene Finnell's Free Cut Principle provides deeper insight and analysis including ideas that hadn't occurred to me before which further spurred my own creative ideas.

However far long you may be in your understanding of this technique you will be able to find at least a couple of items that will lead you down a wondrous rabbit hole of further discovery. Obviously, though, the less you know about the nuances of this technique, more of the book will contain your first exposure to the various principles. If you know the faro but struggle to find enough uses for it, this book will be worthwhile for you as it contains a large number of tricks which use the principles and subtleties that he discusses.

Here are some additional notes...

• My favorite part of the book was entitled "Exotic but Interesting." Here Nicolas combines ideas from Marlo and Bannon to create something that I’m going to start using and experimenting with. As with most great ideas, in hindsight it is an obvious thing to do, but I'm confident that I would never have had the foresight to combine these ideas in this way.
  • Another part of the book that I like nearly as much was the Mirror Stack section. There is a LOT of meat here that will take a lot of time to digest to get the most out of it. I read through the section twice, and I have what I consider to be a strong grasp of the faro shuffle, and I know that I've only scratched the surface of all the ideas that are contained in this section.
  • Faro corrections are an issue that I don't see covered in enough detail in other places. Nicolás discusses what to do when you are “off by one” and you don’t hit a perfect 26-26 split. Whether you have a 27-25 split or a 25-27 split, you’ll know what to do after reading this section. My only sleight complaint about this section (pun intended) is that he doesn't delineate clearly enough between in-faros and out-faros. The corrective procedures between them are slightly different and he only delves into the out-faro corrections. This is not a big deal, though, as once you learn the out-faro corrections you can apply that knowledge to figuring out the in-faro corrections, but it would have been nice if this information had been included.
  • While the crediting throughout the book is excellent (and that's not a word I throw around a lot), there were a couple times Nicolás didn't fully explain a technique. For example, during one effect he mentions the use of Elmsley’s Brainwave Display but doesn’t describe the technique.
  • Most of the tricks that he describes include full scripting. For a book about a relatively arcane technical procedure this was very nice surprise. It is clear that he has spent time thinking about not only the analytical aspects of the faro, but how these things can be worked naturally into actual routines.

On balance, this book contains a nice summary of topics and techniques from the "Faro Heavyweights" like Marlo and Elmsley, which are nicely mixed with Nicolás' own unique (and deep) analysis. Even dyed in the wool faro workers will get something out of this.

Is it worth the price? If you already know how to faro, then learning how to further unlock its potential is easily worth the asking price. I would consider myself an experienced faro worker and there was enough in its pages to have made the purchase worthwhile.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
magicthree
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Steven, always like to hear what you have to say, very informative. I purchased it yesterday and just started reading it. I will post my thoughts once I have finished.
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
349 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Hey Mats ,im going to be super happy reading your review and knowing what you think about the book Smile
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
349 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
WOW thank you for the review Steve!!!! I loved it!!!
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Zedd
I just started working through the book....and WOW!!!!!!!! If you like baffling magic, nice ideas and a funny writing style (;-)))) by all means GET IT!!!!!! I'm soooooo waiting for the next one - please keep going, Nicolas

;))))))

Zedd
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1311 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Is this only available as a ebook?
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Zedd
It IS an ebook!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW FARO SHUFLE BOOK :) (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL