The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Note Pad Surprise 2.0 (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I know people a lot of people have this but I just received mine today and I absolutely love this. It is much better made than I thought it would be. I didn't know it came with extra parts in case you lose some that was nice. I am looking forward to performing this gem. If you are on the fence about this I suggest you buy it. I'm pretty excited about this. And I love the fact the gimmicks can be transferred to any top spiral pad---awsome!

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

I'm going to test run this today. I will let you know how it goes. Btw the reset is easy and fast. I had the more expensive Axtel drawing board the one with the squares and I have to say in my opinion this baby is cleaner plus you get to tear off the paper you draw on and leave it as a momento.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Test run complete! Very nice reaction and afterwards I was told that at first they figured I must be controlling it from the pad since my hand was holding it. But they said when I tore the page from the note pad and handed to them and they rubbed the drawing they said that is what made them think oh no way! I love this because really at first after the schock of seeing the eyes move you do know something is going on behind the pad. But after all is said and done they are left with a drawing that just moments prior was in fact animated. Can't wait to perform this again. It will be tomorrow at my familys Eater Party. Thanks for listening to me ramble guys.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1574 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Great update!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Thank you Magic Patrick. Well no new update to report. Yes I had this and some other effects at our Easter Party but for the first in a long time we just all talked and played some card games and before we knew it the hours passed so quickly! But I let them know on the next visit I will show them my latest gem haha.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2359 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I think it's one of the best effects that I have in my repertoire. I do a mind reading effect where I have a child select an animal from picture cards. I pretend I can't read his mind so I tell him not to say anything but let's try come back to that later. I then say I have been studying art for many many years and I'm going to draw a picture of myself. I do a horrible drawing, that they laugh at but then the drawing comes alive and says the animals name that the child is thinking of, so in fact the drying does the mind reading finishes the trick and gets handed to the child. I've been doing it for about four years now and it's never failed me. It's perfect for strolling and restaurant work , it's easy to carry easy to perform and easy to reset. I actually purchased two of them thinking that it would be easier but realized that you only needed one and sold the other.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Great idea. I use mine as a mentalist as well. He tells the ard they selected. I have not had a kids show since I got this so my mini me has to tell the card. Thank you for sharing how you use it great idea.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1574 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
This looks like a fun trick. I might get the close up version. Thanks all for the updates and ideas.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

This version is really great. It is very clean and to be honest I love the way it is made. This and Martin Lewis Cardiographic are the absolute finest versions in my humble opinion.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

This version is really great. It is very clean and to be honest I love the way it is made. This and Martin Lewis Cardiographic are the absolute finest versions in my humble opinion.

Good magic to all,

Eric
hocuspocus
View Profile
New user
Magicster
69 Posts

Profile of hocuspocus
Very visual! seems convincing to the audience, I'm guessing that spectators can't examine the pad. or can they? also when you tear the paper and hand it as a sourvenir or for examination is it a swi***?? also many people will have a tendency to think you have a control over the pad
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

No switch on the handed out paper--- no switch at all. You can not have the pad examined. The paper you draw on and gets animated IS the paper you hand out! Honestly how cool is that?

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2359 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Another great idea(Not mine, I wish I knew who to credit) is to draw a partial picture and ask the audience, what is missing. As they yell out things like "Hair". I will draw one line on top of the head, and say it looks like me, as I am bald. Or you can ask if they would like to see more hair. And draw a bunch more. You can do one , maybe two more times. This makes the drawing original and creates audience participation. And eliminates any notion of a fake drawing, since the audience helped create it. If performing for lay folk. No one will ever be concerned about the pad, the described handling cover that notion. As for showing other magi, if you feel it necessary. (I do not). After the torn out page is given away. You can freely riffle the remaining pages, showing them all blank, flip the cover closed and do a very quick flash of the front and back covers. Simply "Let your fingers do the walking" How many remember that slogan?
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

I remember that slogan very well. It had something to do with what was called a phonebook...haha. This is a great idea my friend. It adds a nice subtle touch. With effects like this these ideas really help to sell this as you are drawing a unique picture with the recommendations provided by the audience. Fantastic tip and thank you for sharing it with us. As a side note I just received my Little Door by Roddy and between this and Little Door I think my spectators will never look at drawings or card boxes the same again. But then again that is our job or should I say our pleasure!

Thanks again for sharing this gem with all of us!
Good magic to all,

Eric
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2828 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Simply "Let your fingers do the walking" How many remember that slogan? [/quote)

Wow thanks for the memory. Let your fingers do the walking with the Yellow Pages!!! I can almost here the commercial now.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Note Pad Surprise 2.0 (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL