The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Funny responses to spectators who want to keep your $100 (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
556 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
When you perform a bill change, what funny or clever responses do you have when they then want to keep the bill you changed, or want you to change their bills?
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3332 Posts

Profile of Julie
How about changing their $1.00 bill to one of the feke $1,000,000.00 bills and then giving them the choice of keeping that or you'll give them one of your real one dollar bills? (I imagine those million dollar bills can be bought in bulk for less than one dollar real money...)

Julie
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2600 Posts

Profile of John Long
If you start the trick by promising to give their money back, after the change you could say "Ohhh, I'm so sorry, let me give you one of my $1's"
Pirouz
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Pirouz
I'm setup to do 3 changes. If I do the $1s to $1,000,000, I give them the 1M bill and tell them buy a new house. It's on me.
I then tell them that "of course it's fake" and they will get arrested if they try to spend it.
I have a weird sense of humor.
You're right Julie, the 1M bills are quite inexpensive.
I paid $12 for 100 bills on EBay.
Pirouz
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of drmagico
I used to change a one to one hundred but I found it more entertaining for me at least and hopefully them is to borrow a one hundred preferably or a twenty and change it to a one. I then say something like "Wow, I just made $99 or $19. That was easy. Now, I don't want to be accused of theft so I guess I should change it back". I found that doing it this way gave me the reason to change it back to the original bill without having to go to my pocket to get another $1 bill or buy other fake bills.
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2016, drmagico wrote:
I used to change a one to one hundred but I found it more entertaining for me at least and hopefully them is to borrow a one hundred preferably or a twenty and change it to a one. I then say something like "Wow, I just made $99 or $19. That was easy. Now, I don't want to be accused of theft so I guess I should change it back". I found that doing it this way gave me the reason to change it back to the original bill without having to go to my pocket to get another $1 bill or buy other fake bills.

Nice thinking and so simple. I like it.

I wish I could tell you who used to do this (back in the 80's I think)....maybe some one can source this...but one performer used to do a standard $1 to $100 switch with his own bill and wait for the inevitable "can you do that with my dollar?" comment. Then he'd change their bill to a "hundred" - a hundred peso note, which, at the time, you could get for nothing.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2600 Posts

Profile of John Long
The other response, that I think came from Greg Wilson (on Hundy 500) was:

Sure!, but there is a $99 processing fee, and a 24 hour turn around
Faizimran
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Faizimran
I do extream burn 2.0 locked and loaded so I just say its highly illegal to change the bills like this and say now were gonna pretend nothing happed and when I say that I change the bills back to one's.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I'm not sure how you would accomplish this, but you could say sure, then hand it to them, but when they look at it, it's changed into a monopoly $100 or something similar.
Reality is a real killjoy.
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
When asking for the $1 bill, give them four quarters in exchange... at that point you don't owe them anything so you can take the $100 with you... what I've also seen is asking for two $1 bills and merging them into a $2 bill that you can hand back to them.

I've seen the 4 quarters idea somewhere, but I can't remember who did it Smile
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
283 Posts

Profile of abrell
By raising the fee 150 $, you could give the spectator 100 $ and make more profit. You earn 50 $ more each show and you should get much more bookings because what you do is unique. It can be only real magic because otherwise you surely would not give away money... Do not forget to sum the extra expenses for your tax declaration.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2360 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Take a stack of ten new ones and rubber cement the edges making a "pad" of bills. After changing their bill offer to give them a fresh new bill and peel it off the dollar bill pad. Solves the problem and is funny as well.
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
377 Posts

Profile of serge storms
DaveGripenwaldt; it's possible you saw an old, old post I may have put up regarding this. I used to do (and still do) a routine in my regular restaurants and bar work a routine where I start out with $1 to $100; then offer to do it with anyone's bill. Borrowed bill is signed on back while I set down car key case as collateral while I "use" their bill.
The bill is then changed into "mismade" bill which I toss onto table. After the usual comedy byplay and comments this bill brings into play, the back is examined to find the signature; which is not there. I apologize for "screwing" up their bill; and pick up the keycase off the table, unzipping it to offer them my car key for the error, inside is found the signed borrowed bill.
So the routine comes full circle, with a beginning, a middle and climax; and I will tell you 99% of the time they had me keep the bill.

It is a routine I came up with when I wanted a reason to have the standard bill switch last longer, make more sense and engage the audience to participate; this accomplished all of that and with the bonus of the almost always tip of keeping the bill.
Some nights emptying out pockets at end of night it was not uncommon to pull out 10-15 signed dollars along with the other tips, as I performed that trick several times a night roaming the restaurant and bar's I worked at weekly.
"Overkill is Under-rated"
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
377 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Another favorite line I'd use if a woman asked if she could keep the $100 bill; "sorry, that's how I got married the first time....." get's lots of laughs if done right with your timing; and of course making sure you have a good feel for your audience.
"Overkill is Under-rated"
JasperLee
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of JasperLee
"Sorry this is how I make a living"
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1790 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I fan bill out and offer the spec. to touch the bill for a second.

As soon as the touch it I pull it back and say that's a second.

Get's a laugh.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
I avoid the problem by asking the audience if I can trade a dollar bill with somebody. I explain that I want to show them something that can be done with any dollar bill (as opposed to a dollar bill from a magician's wallet). After the exchange of two singles between myself and the audience member, the audience understands I have an ungimmicked bill. Once I make the $100, I look at the spectator and mention, "Now you see why we traded bills."
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
Owen
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Owen
The processing fee has worked for me. But I NEVER change the bills back to 1's. Changing 1's to 100's is more than a magic trick. It is a dream for everyone alive. Once you change the 100's back to 1's it becomes just another magic trick. If I'm at a bar I count out the one's in a panic that I don't have enough to cover the check. I change the 1's to 100's and use one of the 100's to pay the tab. Very powerful.
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
611 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
Paul Harris recommends changing the one to a five, and then letting the person keep the five. Yes, it will cost you $4 every time you do the trick. But their level of Astonishment is increased exponentially: they can't believe you changed their bill, and then they REALLY can't believe they get to keep it! And then there is all of the word-of-mouth advertising you will get. (and if it is a gig you are getting paid for, you should be able to afford it, right?)
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I think you will like for the change and as a souvenir? http://funny.pho.to/money-templates/
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Funny responses to spectators who want to keep your $100 (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL