The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TYRANT by Daniel Madison (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jan furlan
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jan furlan
The Ultimate Full-Deck Table Hold-Out...

THE TYRANT is my solution to the 'Table-Advocate'... A full-deck playing-card-index for a table that allows the performer to be secretly within possession of any playing card within a moments notice.

This solution offers the performer an endless myriad of ideas for demonstrations of sleight-of-hand at the card table...

His hands are always in full view and NEVER leave the table, yet he has any card he needs readily awaiting his command.

I am Daniel Madison.

This is Tyrant.

"I can't wait to use TYRANT and oppress my audience's brains with something so impossible and clean. My brain immediately started churning out ideas and routines using this method. Tyrant makes the card Table your b*tch."
Mark Calabrese

"I thought 'The Advocate' was the greatest thing Madison has ever done... I stand corrected"
Chris Ramsay

"Finally a solution to something we've all tried or thought about."
Xavior Spade

"Daniel is a strange dichotomy: both modern and classical. He's able to answer very old and difficult questions in magic with very new and innovative ideas. Tyrant is no exception. He's created a table man's tool that leaves the hands in view the whole time (that fact will be significantly more important when you read the book/see the download). As always, well done!"
Jeremy Griffith

"After reading This my mind flooded with ideas of effects and routines that can be performed using The Tyrant. Even after reading the first few pages I found myself smiling at how clever this is. The possibilities are endless. The Tyrant is what I have been waiting for!"
Lewis Le Val

This is what Ellusionist wrote about the Tyrant on the product page.
What do you think about the tyrant?
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Trailer is here ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipo-0M1CyfE

But I felt like I've wasted two minutes of my life watching it . I've still got no idea what's happening except it's a full-deck playing-card-index ?

It was those statements made by great names that caught my attention . I understand that maybe , the trailer was cut to protect the secret , but in this case E had basically cut everything away and only left Daniel's voice description of the effect inside there , is there a real need for a trailer ? I got more info from just the ad copy .

From the description is sounds impressive , but I would like to know more about it looks real life .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
The demo shows you what it looks like, one minute there is no card, then without reaching under the table a card appears, so you have access to any card without the spec being aware, looks great to me, and the price is good, will prob pick it up, but I have spent too much this weekend!
Dazzler UK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
108 Posts

Profile of Dazzler UK
Looks nice. Fooled me
There are two rules for success..... 1. Never reveal everything you know.
jan furlan
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jan furlan
I bought this a few weeks ago on Madison's website. I think it's a clever idea for table work and useful for videos or other types of tricks, not for close-up tricks, unless you're really good to hide the device. I bought it because the description says that the tyrant is the solution to the table advocate, so I thought the device was quite small and easy to carry with you to perform in bars (at a table) and so on. But I got to say that I will probably never use it in public. Btw I spent around 30 dollars on Madison's website and I got just the pdf, so I'm ****ed off because of the price.
I created this topic just to know what other people think about it.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Wait a min. Not good for close up????? Its for cards? With cards people work close up. Glad I stayed away from this.
Mejais
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Mejais
Just saying that this device is exactly as described. You can get any playing card without reaching under the table.

Only downside is that the device is big and works only with a table.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:
Wait a min. Not good for close up????? Its for cards? With cards people work close up. Glad I stayed away from this.

I think he means its not easily portable- its more for a dedicated environment... not that it cant be performed close up.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
jan furlan
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jan furlan
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2016, TuneHV wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:

I think he means its not easily portable- its more for a dedicated environment... not that it cant be performed close up.

Yes this is exactly what I meant.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
OK. Sounds better. But I don't perform sitting down.Best of luck Daniel.
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Might check this out, I will wait for some more reviews first. I have been looking to add an advocate to my show and now that I do a close up show with a table, I have been looking to do something like this. If I can work it into my show, then that would be awesome.
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2016, Mejais wrote:
Just saying that this device is exactly as described. You can get any playing card without reaching under the table.

If my understanding is correct, you need to install the device under a table. Thus, it's not an impromptu trick, and it should be difficult to install it under other people's tables without them looking at you. That's a highly restrictive condition.
Mejais
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Mejais
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2016, mh1001 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2016, Mejais wrote:

If my understanding is correct, you need to install the device under a table. Thus, it's not an impromptu trick, and it should be difficult to install it under other people's tables without them looking at you. That's a highly restrictive condition.

Yes and no. You can get around this. For example you could hide the device behind a closeup pad and "attach" the device when you sit down on the table. If you go for it like this you could even do walkaround in some cases with this setup.

What isn't said right now is that the angle is 180°. So everyone in front of the table doesn't see anything, but if they look behind the table they see whats going on.
Jorge Betancourt
View Profile
New user
Monterrey, Mexico
62 Posts

Profile of Jorge Betancourt
It is interesting but I will wait for more reviews
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
I really love the advocate may get this
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2016, jackaboy wrote:

Jackaboy ask Karl M... he most likely already got it. He will let you know if it is any good and worth getting.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2016, gtx magic wrote:
Quote:

Jackaboy ask Karl M... he most likely already got it. He will let you know if it is any good and worth getting.

gasp you wouldn't be
mocking Karl would you?
the man, the myth, the legend
Karl M
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2016, gtx magic wrote:
Quote:

gasp you wouldn't be
mocking Karl would you?
the man, the myth, the legend
Karl M

No no no ! not at all I would not dream of such a thing...Especially with someone of becoming celebrity status.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Okay just checkin
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
"Yes and no. You can get around this. For example you could hide the device behind a closeup pad and "attach" the device when you sit down on the table. If you go for it like this you could even do walkaround in some cases with this setup."

Is there any other suggestions as to what this can be built into, although a close up mat seems good and logical
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TYRANT by Daniel Madison (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL