The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » WOW! This guy came up with a different method for the Origami Illusion! (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1384 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
If you don't understand the reasons (theatrically and dramatically) for the mirror to be there, then you don't understand the Origami illusion.
It's all in the reflexes.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1384 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Also, the performance and prop in the video were just awful.
It's all in the reflexes.
flickermaker
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of flickermaker
Fungineer
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Fungineer
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2016, jcmagicman wrote:
Interesting perspective Bill. I don't see why this also couldn't be a valid possibility.

In the eyes of the audience, the illusion comes across as a sword basket effect. In the eyes of magicians, yes that may very well be the origami illusion but with his own presentation approach.

In Illusionsesame (on page 168) there is a method of sawing a lady in half utilizing a base design that seems to be popular with a lot of illusions. This same base design is revealed by Dan Harlan in "Tarbell 45: Illusions, as a different take on this principle. What I am getting at is that the performer in the video is presenting the origami in his own preferred style by choosing to eliminate the mirror. So to answer the original post, no its not a new method; the presentation is slightly altered. With that said, I don't see why he can't utilize the same base design and present the illusion.

His stage movements are obviously not graceful like Copperfields but I think he gets the job done regardless. He's not revealing anything that would do harm to the art of magic. Lets stop being so critical and spend more time bringing new ideas to the table.

jcmagicman--I have the book mentioned above and looked this up. What mirror are you talking about? I think you may be mistaken on the purpose of the mirror in Steinmeyer's Oragami. The illusion you referenced is a completely different animal.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » WOW! This guy came up with a different method for the Origami Illusion! (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL