The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sucker Die Box & Stratosphere (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
I am looking at these two effects: sucker die box and Stratosphere(sometimes known as Joker Tube). The vanishing box looks similar in each effect. Is it the same? Are these 2 effects too similar to perform in the same presentation. Info or suggestions anyone?
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
No they are not the same, I have used both together and separately for a long time, probably about 30 years. The Die Box is a sucker trick, a vanish, and reproduction. Stratosphere is a transposition, vanish, and reproduction. But the methods are not the same.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I have both, and have never given a second thought about performing both in the same show. They are both great tricks.

Dice Box is one of my all time favorite pieces of magic. I have one that I really like, but one day if I have extra money, I would love to start a collection.

To me, Stratosphere is unique enough it won't compete or clash with any other tricks in your show. (exception of course being ABC Blocks Smile )

Dice Box is a great trick... but you may not want to use it if you already have enough (whatever enough means to you) sucker type tricks in the show.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
The die box kills especially with kids. I had several and I love the one that you can show it inside and is the one I use most. You can really get the kids riled up with this and hippity hop rabbits, run rabbit run etc. I love sucker effects with killer endings.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
troy thornton
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of troy thornton
Both great effects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sucker Die Box & Stratosphere (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL