The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Loser! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
It does read: Marijuana MIGHT make you a loser. It is like getting shot with a gun. You MIGHT die but regardless it is not good for you.

In summary: The more pot you smoke, the more apt you are to be a loser. The more times you get shot with a gun the more apt you are going to die.

If one enjoys getting high knock yourself out (pun). However to be realistic it is definitely better not to have to use any sort of drugs to function and make yourself feel good. We all know people smoke (tobacco) and drink (alcohol) but it is better not to do so. Drinking affects the liver. Smoking affects just about everything adversely. As they pick your poison. Seems like anything done in excess is bad for one.

I will end by saying that if it was left up to me I would want my loved ones and myself to not drink or use pot excessively. Having said that and being able to have the choice, I would rather they not drink or smoke pot at all. Your thoughts may be different.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15959 Posts

Profile of tommy
The competition ought to be encouraged to become potheads, for where there are losers there are winners.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Don't confuse the statements of the journalist writing the article with the statements of the scientists conducting the study.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, tommy wrote:
The competition ought to be encouraged to become potheads, for where there are losers there are winners.


Playing your trumps?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1344 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2016, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Don't confuse the statements of the journalist writing the article with the statements of the scientists conducting the study.


Quite so, the journalist has a definite axe to grind with legalization, and tosses out the word "loser" while the scientists do not. In fact, I know a man who calls people 'losers' all the time, and I would NOT consider him a model human being at all in spite of his move up the socioeconomic ladder.( However, I did note that the study mentions its concern with legalization in its first few sentences... so right there I'm throwing up red flags). Also, the journalist is plain dishonest in using state incarceration statistics from 1997, ingnoring the 12% of federal prisoners incarcerated for marijuana offenses (which the dept of justice report cites from 2004).
That said, I just love the music of that 'loser' Willie Nelson. Lynn
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4864 Posts

Profile of landmark
Agreed. That's what I meant when I said "It's about marijuana use as a proxy for something else."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15959 Posts

Profile of tommy
What potheads essential lose is their mind, no matter how successful or unsuccessful they are and so there is no better word than loser to define them. When one gets drunk or anything of that nature, what one is losing is ones grip on reality and living in a world of illusion and somewhat insane in that drugged state. Reality may not be as pleasant as illusion. Do you prefer being asleep or awake?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1101 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
I don't see pot smokers doing anyone any harm so how about those that don't do it just minding their own business and getting on with their own life.

Yes, I am a heavy user, have a good job, happy and most definitely not a loser!

Oh, and it's a better drug than alcohol. No debating that, it's the truth. I refer any doubters to familiarise themselves with the one & only Bill Hicks.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, Russell Davidson wrote:
I don't see pot smokers doing anyone any harm so how about those that don't do it just minding their own business and getting on with their own life.

Yes, I am a heavy user, have a good job, happy and most definitely not a loser!

Oh, and it's a better drug than alcohol. No debating that, it's the truth. I refer any doubters to familiarise themselves with the one & only Bill Hicks.


Yea nothing like adhering to a pot smoking comedian's philosophy. Are you serious? I would imagine you just finished indulging when you posted this.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, Russell Davidson wrote:
I don't see pot smokers doing anyone any harm so how about those that don't do it just minding their own business and getting on with their own life.

Yes, I am a heavy user, have a good job, happy and most definitely not a loser!

Oh, and it's a better drug than alcohol. No debating that, it's the truth. I refer any doubters to familiarise themselves with the one & only Bill Hicks.


Yea nothing like adhering to a pot smoking comedian's philosophy. Are you serious? I would imagine you just finished indulging when you posted this.



Perhaps you'd had a few drinks before you posted this, but the logically appropriate rebuttal would have been to offer some concrete evidence to suggest that marijuana was a worse drug than alcohol.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15959 Posts

Profile of tommy
Can a pot head mind his own business?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, tommy wrote:
Can a pot head mind his own business?


Can anyone?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, Russell Davidson wrote:
I don't see pot smokers doing anyone any harm so how about those that don't do it just minding their own business and getting on with their own life.

Yes, I am a heavy user, have a good job, happy and most definitely not a loser!

Oh, and it's a better drug than alcohol. No debating that, it's the truth. I refer any doubters to familiarise themselves with the one & only Bill Hicks.

Yea nothing like adhering to a pot smoking comedian's philosophy. Are you serious? I would imagine you just finished indulging when you posted this.

Perhaps you'd had a few drinks before you posted this, but the logically appropriate rebuttal would have been to offer some concrete evidence to suggest that marijuana was a worse drug than alcohol.

Smoking anything - marijuana, tobacco, whatever - directly affects anyone within the range of the smoke.

Drinking alcohol has no such analogous effect on those around you.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15959 Posts

Profile of tommy
There are many things beside pot that keep folk stupid and apathetic, all of which could well be put under the heading of amusement. I mean, I think success comes from long hard work studying and putting into practice what one knows about ones game. The opposite would be having fun and the like. Business before pleasure springs to mind.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Hermit
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
IF you are really stoned, you can and want to do very little. Can you smoke a lot and function? Sure. There are many functional alcoholics. However, a habitual user is always operating under their ability. You cannot be stoned and operate at peak. Anybody that says different is deluding themselves.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20295 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, Russell Davidson wrote:
I don't see pot smokers doing anyone any harm so how about those that don't do it just minding their own business and getting on with their own life.

Yes, I am a heavy user, have a good job, happy and most definitely not a loser!

Oh, and it's a better drug than alcohol. No debating that, it's the truth. I refer any doubters to familiarise themselves with the one & only Bill Hicks.

Yea nothing like adhering to a pot smoking comedian's philosophy. Are you serious? I would imagine you just finished indulging when you posted this.

Perhaps you'd had a few drinks before you posted this, but the logically appropriate rebuttal would have been to offer some concrete evidence to suggest that marijuana was a worse drug than alcohol.

Smoking anything - marijuana, tobacco, whatever - directly affects anyone within the range of the smoke.

Drinking alcohol has no such analogous effect on those around you.


Yes this had been my major stocking point. This is a fact and not in dispute.

I also would like to dispute the idea that those smoking never bother anyone. (Bill never asserted this.) Spend 10 minutes in law enforcement and this myth is crushed.

I am not stating a onion on anything except I know many successful pot users and there are a whole lot of myths out there propegation by whichever side of the argument you are on.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15959 Posts

Profile of tommy
Onions make people cry in my opinion.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, tommy wrote:
Onions make people cry in my opinion.


Especially if someone put the onion in a stocking and used it as a weapon.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1101 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, S2000magician wrote:

Smoking anything - marijuana, tobacco, whatever - directly affects anyone within the range of the smoke.

Drinking alcohol has no such analogous effect on those around you.


Considering I only smoke in homes with other users your point is invalid. And I think you'll find that alcohol fuels aggression, irrational decision making, loss of bodily control, dangerous driving to name but a few. It also kills thousands per year which pot does not.

A loser will be a loser regardless of what they consume.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2016, Russell Davidson wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2016, S2000magician wrote:

Smoking anything - marijuana, tobacco, whatever - directly affects anyone within the range of the smoke.

Drinking alcohol has no such analogous effect on those around you.

Considering I only smoke in homes with other users your point is invalid.

It isn't.

It may not apply to you specifically, but you cannot deny that it applies to a great number of smokers.

Quote:
On Apr 6, 2016, Russell Davidson wrote:
And I think you'll find that alcohol fuels aggression, irrational decision making, loss of bodily control, dangerous driving to name but a few. It also kills thousands per year which pot does not.

Smoking marijuana leads to dangerous driving, just as drinking alcohol does.

To argue otherwise is to ignore solid evidence.

And it's not analogous to innocent passersby inhaling second-hand smoke.

Do try to stick to the point.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Loser! (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL