The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Card in Bottle in Nest of Boxes (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Guys Hocus Pocus has this in stock again. This is a fantastic card effect where the chosen card is found in a bottle in a box (trunk) inside another trunk that were SEPERATED prior to the beginning of the effect. This is awsome and the workings will make you laugh. Just a heads up.

Good magic to all,

Eric
montgomerymagic
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of montgomerymagic
Just snapped-up the last one. Can't wait to perform it.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

You will love the method.

Good magic to all,

Eric
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
I guess after buying you should conceive a better handling for this effect. From the video the first phase is pretty obvious.

Regards
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I bought this years ago. Great value but you will need to do a few things to make this better/more deceptive. I can't give too much away because it will reveal the method, but you will need a quick trip to the fabric store so you can add something to the box. Otherwise, people can see what is happening. Second, it comes with a servante that doesn't really work because the landing zone won't stay open. So you will need to add something to make it stay open. Not major and fairly easy to fix both issues, but I feel both should have been addressed by the manufacturer. Other than that, the main gimmick is clever and works well.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Agreed Eric. What I did is I have a cushioned chair that that is perfect for this. I also use an oversized table cloth so all is kept secret. This method has served me very well over these past years. I'm also able to do wonders with different items.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
This effect can be found and you make this yourself. Martin Lewis has this on his Volume Two DVD called "Making Magic". It's an effect created by Harbin.

http://www.magikraft.com/videos-and-cds/

allen
montgomerymagic
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Well it arrived today safe and sound. I Love it! If anyone has any suggestions or tips or tricks that would make it a better prop please PM me. Your Knowledge and insight would be most appreciated.
lilpixie
View Profile
New user
Beverly Hills, California
12 Posts

Profile of lilpixie
This is an absolute amazing affect. I have really enjoyed using it throughout my shows... Lil Pixie
montgomerymagic
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 25, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
I bought this years ago. Great value but you will need to do a few things to make this better/more deceptive. I can't give too much away because it will reveal the method, but you will need a quick trip to the fabric store so you can add something to the box. Otherwise, people can see what is happening. Second, it comes with a servante that doesn't really work because the landing zone won't stay open. So you will need to add something to make it stay open. Not major and fairly easy to fix both issues, but I feel both should have been addressed by the manufacturer. Other than that, the main gimmick is clever and works well.

What size table top are or were you using for the servante that came with the effect?
Grasshop34
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincinnati, OH
308 Posts

Profile of Grasshop34
Can this be done with a signed card?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2016, The great Gumbini wrote:
You will love the method.

Good magic to all,

Eric

There must be more to this version than is in Harbin's original version because although Harbin's is a nice and very deceptive method, it isn't a method I would typically expect anyone to love.
Not that there's anything wrong with it, it just sounds like there is more to it in this version.
montgomerymagic
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Quote:
On May 15, 2016, Grasshop34 wrote:
Can this be done with a signed card?

Not to my knowledge with this version but you could most certainly go with the torn corner method to mark the card or even a bill if you wanted to.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Oh I have to disagree. This method is so awsome. I have no idea how many times Ive performed this over the years but each time THEY open the case then the next case it gets that "how in the heck" look that I love seeing in performance. I also know of no other effect that uses this method that is hidden so well in the normal handling of these boxes. To me there is lots to love in this method. The ease of handling is also something I love. It allows you to concentrate on presentation and I love that.

Good magic to all,

Eric
montgomerymagic
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Just finished up a table I can use with my Card in the Bottle in Nest of Boxes. It works great! I can use the original Harbin Card in the Bottle as weLl using Nested Cigar Boxes.I will try and post pics soon.
montgomerymagic
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, montgomerymagic wrote:
Just finished up a table I can use with my Card in the Bottle in Nest of Boxes. It works great! I can use the original Harbin Card in the Bottle as well using Nested Cigar Boxes.I will try and post pics soon.

Click here to view attached image.
montgomerymagic
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Just finished up a table I can use with my Card in the Bottle in Nest of Boxes. It works great! I can use the original Harbin Card in the Bottle as well using Nested Cigar Boxes.I will try and post pics soon.

Here's another pic with the Nest of Boxes on the table.

Click here to view attached image.
montgomerymagic
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Just some friendly advice after receiving your Card in Bottle in Nest of Boxes. It would be wise to put a dot of whiteout on the front of the right and left side corners of the inside floor of the smaller box. 👍
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Looking for a servante that will work for this for my small Lefler table. Any suggestions, other than DIY?
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
In a follow up to my post, to anyone who owns this, can you give me the dimensions I need... I think Frank at Ambitious Card would be a good guy to talk to about making one up for me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Card in Bottle in Nest of Boxes (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL