The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ROPED EVOLUTION by Juan Pablo NEW Trick (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
That's really cool.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22734 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Received this unique rope presentation today in the mail. Watched the excellent video routine presentation and explanation.

Enclosed in the box, is everything you will need to set it up and begin working on your timing of the illusion portion of the trick. Namely the back and forth movement of the ropes. It is not complicated in any way, and you are left relatively clean at the end, with just the 2 ropes, which can be used in any trick you care to continue with in your act.

The two ropes can be any size, but the long ropes, in my opinion adds to the effect and puzzlement of the illusion shown. I think if you take your height and arm spread into consideration, so that when you spread your arms the ropes are off the floor, you will be okay.

This is not a close-up trick, it is stand-up trick to be presented in front of a small group or large stage audience. Play it however you see fit for your personality, puzzled, magician in trouble, what is going on here, whatever you feel fits your style.

I was at 1st disappointed with the setup, as it was explained as a trick that has to be presented as a opener. This kind of limits the use of this very different illusion effect. Finally, toward the end, Juan Pablo reveals how to set it up in front of the audience. Using a briefcase or table with a lid or barrier to block the setup process. It will only take a few seconds to setup, but you must lay out the items so that the setup time is reduced to the bare minimum for your audience.

You have to wear a jacket of some kind, sport coat, suit, any open front jacket will work. Everything is covered in the video, so watch everything on the video DVD.

I think this is a real puzzler of an illusion when presented correctly. It should not take anyone very long to get the routine down and working for them. There is a setup on your person, but it is minimum effort involved.

I see this as an extension of a rope routine you are already doing. Show your regular rope routine, then put the rope away and come out set for the Evolution routine.

If you can't think of a follow-up trick, I suggest you try the Grandma's Necklace aka Lazy Magician's Rope Trick, as the 2 ropes are perfect for that trick. Just off the top of my head.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22734 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
World Magic Shop reviewed this yesterday. Highly recommended.

David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
922 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I'm still not convinced on this one.

It is without doubt a lovely piece of magic.
However, my only concern is that I think some of the magical moments could get missed by an audience.

I know I didn't quite see what was going on until I had watched the trailer at least a couple of times.
Real audiences don't get that opportunity.

I might be wrong, buts it's worth asking yourself if you caught it all in your first viewing.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22734 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2016, David Klass wrote:

However, my only concern is that I think some of the magical moments could get missed by an audience.

I know I didn't quite see what was going on until I had watched the trailer at least a couple of times.

I might be wrong, buts it's worth asking yourself if you caught it all in your first viewing.

I suppose I could agree with you somewhat, but what you are seeing is a demo to sell a trick. Not a complete routine with patter. It is up to the purchaser to determine if this is something he likes, then the work begins to sell the effect to his audiences. Creating patter, and a movement that sells if for him.

The days of Supreme Magic and Ken Brooke are gone. They use to come with full scripts and every detail to get the best out of the magic they sold. That is no longer true for the majority of magic sold today. You purchase the trick, then the real work begins. Fitting it to your act or show, coming up with how you will handle the effect so the audience sees the magic at each phase of the routine.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Wow this is a very visual Cabaret rope routine.

Love it.

Mike Donoghue
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:

This is exactly what I thought.There didn't seem too much going on when I first looked at it. Maybe there has to be some pause and commentary between phases? This one is not for me.

Chappelly
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22734 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2016, chappelly wrote:
Quote:

This is exactly what I thought.There didn't seem too much going on when I first looked at it. Maybe there has to be some pause and commentary between phases? This one is not for me.

Chappelly

Good decision, if you don't have a use for a trick, then pass on it, it is a lot of work to come up with a presentation, and if you are not that creative at like me, find what is for you and stick with it.
startingout
View Profile
New user
UK
22 Posts

Profile of startingout
Hi,
I love rope routines, hmm so does the wife. oops sorry that's another subject Smile
Could some one please clarify if this could be used in conjunction with fibre optics? or professors nightmare type effect. Thanks in advance...

Also follow up on Bills comment "They use to come with full scripts and every detail to get the best out of the magic they sold"
but isn't that what its all about imagination and creativity. To me you pay for the secret/gimmick etc. Then rest up to you... ?
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2503 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Looks good.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ROPED EVOLUTION by Juan Pablo NEW Trick (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL