The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Routine for Owens/Taylor Bill 'n Cig (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22736 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Bill in Cigarette - Routine

After 15 years next month, I have finally got the Owen/Taylor Bill in Cigarette to work. I had to work the gimmick further so it will fit today’s smaller diameter cigarettes. I would like any feedback on the routine that I have finally come up with.

Before an audience I request a cigarette. Lets say several people offer their cigarettes. I collect all cigarettes offered. I then pull out a plastic jar with several cigarettes in and add deposit the collected cigarettes. (Laugh point)

I then borrow a bill any denomination. The person who lent the bill is invited to sign or mark the bill in some fashion. I then roll the bill into a very small tube shape about 3/16th by 1 1/8th inch. I then put a brass ring around the bill and place it under a handkerchief and have the spectator take the bill (?) and hank by the center of the hank and hold the ring containing the bill (?) through the cloth.

I then select a cigarette from the container. I reach into my pocket with the cigarette to retrieve a lighter. One hand goes into each jacket side pocket apparently searching for a light. Coming out of the pocket with the lighter in one hand and the cigarette in the other.

I then light the cigarette and hand it burning to the spectator in her free hand. Now recap what has taken place.

Now after several magical gestures the spectator looks in the hanky and finds the white filter with a metal band around it.

Then breaking the cigarette in half, finds a bill. After removing the bill and opening she verifies her initials/markings on the bill.

Any improvement you can give will be appreciated.

This device was invented before filter cigarettes. Thus originally it was just a tobacco cigarette. Now that filters are more common in use, I thought it might be a logical effect for the filter to change places with the bill. What do you think?

Originally the bill was just vanished from the hank. I really do not care for the hank idea, if anyone can give a better switch for the bill and filter please offer your idea. Remember the audience assistant must hold the filter in the end. I also believe the metal ring adds to the illusion while they are holding it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Routine for Owens/Taylor Bill 'n Cig (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL