We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Where can I get $500.... (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12357 Posts

Profile of John C
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4485 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Do enough shows?
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1293 Posts

Profile of Robb
Huh? $500 to find out which ESP symbol they chose? Seems a little overpriced, no? They have these new things called "m**rks", I'd look into them.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2052 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Gotta say, Robb is right on. I think it was Bob Cassidy who made a point of handing out golf pencils just to make sure people don't think he has something sneaky in the writing implements. This product advertises itself as electronic. Can you not think of a few other ways to achieve the same effect? Robb nailed one. How about you?

-Patrick
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1453 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2674 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2016, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
I just saved you $450...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/20138291264......app=true

you clearly see this is a Chinese rip off, right?
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1453 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Yes - I wasn't pointing it out as a good thing, more as a joke, but should have made that clearer.
StevenScott
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of StevenScott
Wow. I love using ESP cards and I'm not against electronic work but this is the definition of overkill. There are so many ways to accomplish this effect or better effects like ESP card match ups that are absolutely convincing to spectators. In fact I prefer letting the spectator operate as the mind reader in this kind of "test" because Iv'e found that when they get them all right they can't stop smiling. They just feel good about themselves, that they were able to pick up on my projected thoughts when I lay my card down first. I am often amazed that even people who know me, and know I'm essentially a magician, think this is a real test of ESP.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
It's discontinued anyway.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I could see this product being helpful where you use multiple methods. Use this method and perform your miracle. Then use a method where they make their own cards and perform your miracle. Using the different methods will allow you to do things you can't do with just one and make it impossible for the spectator to backtrack.
PhilDean
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Profile of PhilDean
It's expensive most probably because Sean (the maker) is in Australia. Anyway, discontinued now but food for thought.

And for the record, I agree with everyone that something like this doesn't require electronics.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Where can I get $500.... (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL