The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Favorite Running Gag/Inside Joke in a TV Series (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2016, George Ledo wrote:
Not sure if this counts, but Gibbs always bringing Abby a huge container of something. I have to wonder if there's a running gag among the cast there too.

If you mean her drink, I think that's great. In one episode he comes down without one, and she's miffed and accuses him of forgetting her. As he leaves, he tells her he didn't, and when he opens the lab fridge, her drink is in there.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Kramer's entrances on Seinfeld in Jerry's apartment. Anytime someone mentions something really bizarre, Kramer comes flying in the door as if he is the icon for that moment.

The series finale to Newhart. Not a running gag, but a great inside joke because you had to have seen The Bob Newhart Show for it to make any sense at all.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I was actually working at NBC when Seinfeld was being shot. Believe it not, some of the funniest entrances and lines from Kramer never made it on the air. Each time he came through the door, in every take, he had a different thing he did or said.

Sometimes they had to call CUT because the crew was also laughing.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Family Guy whenever Peter says "It reminds me of that time I..." and something hilarious always follows. (very similar to the Kramer entrances)
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Contrary to what was said here, the death of the guest star on "Police Squad" was never referred to within the episode. There was one running gag that was very subtle. Dire in would always crash into garbage cans when he reached the crime scene. The number of cans corresponded with the number of the episode.

"NCIS" had a great in joke where some one asked Gibbs what Ducky looked like "back in the day." Gibbs looks at Ducky (David McCullum) for a second and responds; "Illya Kuriatkin!"

Bernie Kopell was Seigfried, Maxwell Smart's regular nemesis on "Get Smart." When the series cancelled, he went on to play the ship's doctor on "The Love Boat." Swig fried would make a return appearance on the short-lived "Return of Get Smart" where Max's son (the new 86, Max was in charge) is investigating a woman who turns out to be Seigfried's daughter! At a key moment, the daughter pulls a gun on everyone and her father protests; "Why are you pulling a gun on ME?" She responds; "You LIED to me! All those years you were head of a terrorist organization, you told me you were a doctor on a cruise ship!"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Get Smart had lots of runners.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
"Would you believe...?"

"Missed it by that much..."

"The cone of silence..."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Smile

The CONTROL regulations are very specific, Chief. I insist we use the Cone of Silence!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
This is Chaos, we do not....
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
"Craw, not Craw" (Loses something in the writing...)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FsbWnud8ZAM

Also from Big Bang Sheldons Spot is a good runner.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Favorite Running Gag/Inside Joke in a TV Series (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL