The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Incredihole (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3179 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
MH1001 wrote:

Quote:
And if you tell me it will fool people, honestly, even if that's the expected outcome, I won't use it. I do not use a trick that do not amaze me; I don't find it funny to perform. I even prefer the toothpick trick (and it's easy to ditch naturally - so many ways) that I learned for free. Really... $6 for this.

Please think about this. You don't care if it looks exactly like it does in the trailer and fools people. You want tricks that fools YOU.

Buying tricks that have clever methods is a fun hobby but to a magician the effect on the spectator is what matters. Most of the best tricks have boring methods.

And that toothpick trick is a real fooler. It lets you do the same illusion that takes years of sleight of hand without a gimmick. It's a shame you learned it for free.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2016, deans6571 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2016, Slackerking wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2016, deans6571 wrote:
I am a novice when it comes to magic (I have only ever performed for family members - when I was a lot younger and had more time).

Was gonna purchase this (its only $5.95 from Penguin so relatively cheap) however, after watching the trailer just 2 times , its quite easy to work out how it is achieved. I am pretty sure I am 99% correct in my thinking and the fact that there are creases running down the center of the cards (which can be seen just before they are pulled from the fingers), confirms my suspicions.

I will say that the cards shouldn't actually be left with the spectators after the effect - if one of them folds the card along the crease, they will also realize how it is accomplished.

WoW, Good for you. You know how its done. Then I guess no need to buy then. Who cares............LOL

These are funny. If everyone's so smart and able to work these out why aren't these clever people creating their own effects. Oh yeah, because they figure it out right after they watch the explanation.

Oh, and Deans, you can leave the cards in the spectators hands so I'm doubtful you have a clue how this is actually done.

Trust me - I DO indeed know how its done.

I could post my method here - if I don't own the trick (which I don't), would it still be classed as exposure?

Like I said - if you leave the cards in the spectators hands and they casually fold BOTH cards in half along the crease, it will 100% be plainly obvious how the illusion is accomplished, so again, as previously stated, I would not leave the cards with the spectators.

Oh well ... This thread contains partial and little bits of hints everywhere ... , now when I read your post I'm suddenly enlightened about the method ...

If it's what I'm thinking , I don't see a problem with performing it in the real world . We aren't handling the cards to he spectators for a year , we're just handling it to them for a few seconds , don't think most is smart enough to piece those informations together .

Also , handling the card to two different spectators may help .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
The trailer shows specs clearly putting their fingers into the holes on the card with no apparent funny business.

It then cuts to the card removal.

What is self evidently missing is a bit where the cards are probably taken back off the specs fingers and then repositioned on them after the dirty work. The way you see the cards and the specs putting their fingers into them on the demo is not a position from which you could do the trick.

If you'll look at the magic removal element I think you'll see that the magiciam is holding both ends of the cards for very obvious reasons.

So yep there is a chunk of dirty work removed. IMO
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1788 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2016, PRINCE wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2016, TuneHV wrote:

that's not a fair statement considering there is not an uncut, full performance in the trailer

So what your saying the trailer is edited in a way which on the trailer you don't get to see the dirty work and this is not as clean as the trailer portrays?
Thanks

Yes, I don't own this so I can't say for sure, but 90% of the time when a trailer doesn't show a full performance, they are editing out necessary moves to protect the method. So a trailer can appear to fool someone while the actual routine may not.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2016, Ray Chelt wrote:
The trailer shows specs clearly putting their fingers into the holes on the card with no apparent funny business.

What is self evidently missing is a bit where the cards are probably taken back off the specs fingers and then repositioned on them after the dirty work. The way you see the cards and the specs putting their fingers into them on the demo is not a position from which you could do the trick.

If you'll look at the magic removal element I think you'll see that the magiciam is holding both ends of the cards for very obvious reasons.

not quite, you can leave the cards on the specs fingers with you hands off....no problem...
you place them back on the specs fingers the same way as you do the first time, there is slightly more to it than just two folded cards..
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2016, catweazle wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2016, Ray Chelt wrote:

not quite, you can leave the cards on the specs fingers with you hands off....no problem...
you place them back on the specs fingers the same way as you do the first time, there is slightly more to it than just two folded cards..

Thanks for clarifying
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I did tried Incredihole based on my understanding currently , it did pass by the test , but did't get much of a strong reaction , they didn't get close to the actual method , but many mentioned they think it's possible that I somehow turned and twisted the card between their fingers and got it out .

mh1001 , have you tried performing it ?
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
geordiediver
View Profile
New user
With a phantasmagorical...
86 Posts

Profile of geordiediver
Yes I have this trick, cost £4.31 with the exchange rate and it was worth the money IMHO.
I have just started out with actual practicing tricks / magic but read allot over the years and I like this as it is almost self working only a little miss direction needed. So it gives me a little more confidence in performance and patter knowing it will work when needed.

The fold I found no problem as I have it stored in my wallet already folded to fit in next to my credit cards so it just looks like that’s the way I store it. I found the video very helpful and concise and the little bit ‘crafting’ needed was no problem.
I would give this a 4 out of 5 form a beginner’s point of view.
Thanks.
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
It's a nice little effect, nothing earth shattering but still I applaud the creators for thinking it up.
I also carry it in my wallet folded to justify the folds in the cards. Only downside is the gimmicks wear quicker I think.
But not a big deal. This is something I probably won't do often, but nice to have just in case the situation seems right.
It was a worthwhile purchase for me.

I disagree with the poster who said it should have been free. Huh??? Don't get that thinking.
Tricks in magazines aren't free, you do pay something for the magazine or at least you should be paying something. Also, don't forget that magazines are subsidized by advertiser dollars in addition to subscription fees so advertisers are in essence paying for part of the published tricks as well.
Just because something is exposed on YouTube for free doesn't mean that any similar trick should be free. That's just a sign of being spoiled by the availability of information on the Internet.

Finally, could the mods please step it up a little on the moderating of a few of these threads. The incessant arguing has gotten particularly bad lately, with trolls just seeming to go around trying to stir things up even more than usual. This is supposed to be a fun site to visit IMO and it would be nice to have little less negativity thrown in your face.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
That is flawed logic. OK then send me $6 and I will sending you something back. It is only a cup of coffee so you should have no issue sending me the money sight unseen, right?
Too many bad cheapies come out and you should know , make your own coffee at home and you could save $1000 a year.
Just my two cents.

Quote:
On Apr 9, 2016, Ross W wrote:

Sheesh, man. Just buy it! It's the price of a cup of coffee.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Do you have to make a new set for each time you want to use it, if NOT handing it out? That is can you do it at the next table without any reset?
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
In theory you can use them repeatedly, in practice....not so convinced yet, but I'm still fiddling with my manufacturing techniques / equipment.
geordiediver
View Profile
New user
With a phantasmagorical...
86 Posts

Profile of geordiediver
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2016, catweazle wrote:
In theory you can use them repeatedly, in practice....not so convinced yet, but I'm still fiddling with my manufacturing techniques / equipment.

Hi, had this for a week now and found using Zig 2 way helps with the repeatability of this effect. Still no problem keeping the cards already folded in my wallet, this explains the folds in them, that's how I store them Smile

Hope this helps.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Cheers!, will give that a go!
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
MeetMagicMike and Magician560, I am pretty sure I have answered both your comments. For some reason, my post disappeared. I don't know. But I won't try to copy and paste what I say, because I guess I will get punished (I didn't say anything nasty; only "learn to read"). So, briefly, the problem with Incredihole is that, knowing the method, I don't find it funny to perform. That's why I won't perform it, even if it fools people (and perhaps it won't fool smart people; I don't know, I haven't tried). If you do like it, good for you. my other problem is that I don't understand why a trick like this should be paid, especially at this price. I'm so disappointed. I was hoping something better, crazier in the method.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2016, mh1001 wrote:
MeetMagicMike and Magician560, I am pretty sure I have answered both your comments. For some reason, my post disappeared. I don't know. But I won't try to copy and paste what I say, because I guess I will get punished (I didn't say anything nasty; only "learn to read"). So, briefly, the problem with Incredihole is that, knowing the method, I don't find it funny to perform. That's why I won't perform it, even if it fools people (and perhaps it won't fool smart people; I don't know, I haven't tried). If you do like it, good for you. my other problem is that I don't understand why a trick like this should be paid, especially at this price. I'm so disappointed. I was hoping something better, crazier in the method.

You posted all this once and it got deleted. Let it go. We get it, you're very cheap and angry that you wasted $6. $6! A cup of coffee and a bagel.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2016, deans6571 wrote:
I am a novice when it comes to magic (I have only ever performed for family members - when I was a lot younger and had more time).

Was gonna purchase this (its only $5.95 from Penguin so relatively cheap) however, after watching the trailer just 2 times , its quite easy to work out how it is achieved. I am pretty sure I am 99% correct in my thinking and the fact that there are creases running down the center of the cards (which can be seen just before they are pulled from the fingers), confirms my suspicions.

I will say that the cards shouldn't actually be left with the spectators after the effect - if one of them folds the card along the crease, they will also realize how it is accomplished.

More fishing. I love it when people fish, and then assume they are right. I'm not going to even comment on your post as it might get you closer to your fish. So, I'm not even going to say you are wrong.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
So, I have been working with this a bit and it seems to me that the gimmick is only good for one performance, maybe two at most before it needs a little "maintenance".

KJ
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2711 Posts

Profile of John Long
I'm late to the party, but I just got an email from PM advertising this.

As I understand what is happening, there are other effects that use the same principle. One that I thought looked the best was a shoe lace that is wrapped around a spectator's out stretched finger (completely encasing the finger); the magi gives a *small* tug on the ends, and the shoelace is now above(below, or to the side, depending on..). It looks like the shoelace just melted through the finger - no other motion is observed(as is seen w/ incredihole). Yet, incredihole seems to not look as childish as the shoelace method.

FWIW
John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
rtp8957
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of rtp8957
This is a great effect, and a great bargain. Allow me to suggest two improvements. 1.the explanation says that the fact that the cards reverse is unoticible and not an issue. the first time I tried this with my harshest critic (my wife), not only did she notice it, she also noticed that when she looked down into the cards on her fingers, she saw both sides of the same card instead of half of each card. So my solution was to use two of the same card. 2.then she says, by having two of the same card, it screams gaff. So now I use two jokers, (two in the deck), now she is not only happy with the effect, she still does not know exactly how the cards escape her fingers. hope this is helpful
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Incredihole (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL