The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Incredihole (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
This honestly looks very good and a nice cute quick fun effect. I thought you may have to steal something to ditch, but looks like you don't - which in fairness is a true demo. Thanks catweazle for the clarification
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1279 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2016, catweazle wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2016, Powermagic wrote:
Can the cards be given to keep? Can they reproduce it with the cards? Do you need two volunteers for the effect to work or can you use two fingers? Is anything left out of the demo?

Will you use this?

yes you can, you just need to make enough gimmicks to hand out, have them signed if you want, you could do this with one person, nothing is left out of the demo to worry about, I am planning on using this, just knocking up some gimmicks now!

So there isn't a bit missing off the demo where the cards are taken back and then put on the specs fingers for a second time ?
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Yes, but like I said, its nothing to worry about....imo
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2441 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Just watched the download. This is cool. You can even hand out the cards before and after you perform this. Same cards. No ditching. No slits. What a great effect. They can even keep the cards at the end but you will need to make up a new one. Very easy to make.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Extremely clear and lucid DVD, nicely done, congratulations. Got to be tried.
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
179 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
This is one of those classics where you buy it and watch the explanation, then right at the end you have it figured out.
That is what happened for me. That is my favorite kind of effect as well. 5/5 for explanation purposes.
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Is it just me or has everyone else worked out the method from the exposure in this thread?
I love sponges
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2441 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I don't think anything was given away. You might think you know. Betting you don't and might be fishing a little.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1068 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Can't wait to perform this and then switch the cards out for ones that have BIG GAPPING openings after the effect.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:
I don't think anything was given away. You might think you know. Betting you don't and might be fishing a little.

Not fishing, I know how I would replicate the effect from the following things that have been posted:
"Cards with creases when they don't need to be"
Placing cards on fingers then taking them back before putting them on the fingers to perform.
Anyone with a knowledge of effects can recreate the trick from that and the demo.

Whether I am correct or not please neither confirm nor deny but I'd call that exposure.
But then this forum is full of that!
I love sponges
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2441 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2016, professorwho wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:

Not fishing, I know how I would replicate the effect from the following things that have been posted:
"Cards with creases when they don't need to be"
Placing cards on fingers then taking them back before putting them on the fingers to perform.
Anyone with a knowledge of effects can recreate the trick from that and the demo.

Whether I am correct or not please neither confirm nor deny but I'd call that exposure.
But then this forum is full of that!

Everything you just said that was exposure was shown in the demo. So if it shows it in the demo how if somebody talks about it be exposure?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Exposure in that magicians can easily discern how a very simple trick is done from watching the demo and then a couple of them mention a few details that are clearly visible in the video? If that's what you're talking about then it would seem that posting that video in the first place exposes the trick.

Don't get me wrong, the intentional exposure of magic methods is a problem. And it starts with experienced magicians selling secrets to anyone willing to pay, including the general public, and using such video demos to market them! I personally don't think that the comments here in this thread you mentioned are a problem.

All just my opinion, of course.

Jim
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Ive just watched the trailer again and your post is not accurate. The demo does not show all I have read and posted above.
It's a cute effect, not my style but a cute effect. If you can't see how the posts are exposure then you clearly have a higher threshold than me.
This was a reply to Mr Effecto.
I love sponges
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Hello professor who, I made my comment (which you quoted above) based on what I saw in the demo. Therefore it is not exposure.

Plus, this part of the forum is open to speculation. That's precisely all I was doing Smile
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2362 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2016, EZrhythm wrote:
Can't wait to perform this and then switch the cards out for ones that have BIG GAPPING openings after the effect.

You obviously do not own this. Or you would not of made such a uneducated comment.
The cards you start with are the cards you finish with and there are no gaps slits tears nothing of the kind.

Dave
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2016, Powermagic wrote:
Can the cards be given to keep? Can they reproduce it with the cards? Do you need two volunteers for the effect to work or can you use two fingers? Is anything left out of the demo?

Will you use this?

Personally I wouldn't give them the cards to keep. Too much of a risk that they'd fiddle around and discover the secret IMO.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
Hello professor who, I made my comment (which you quoted above) based on what I saw in the demo. Therefore it is not exposure.

Plus, this part of the forum is open to speculation. That's precisely all I was doing Smile

Your comment alone I agree is not exposure because of the video, it is subsequent comments that have gone to far in my opinion. too much confirmation from others as to speculation can be a bad thing.
I love sponges
deans6571
View Profile
New user
Croydon, South London, UK
30 Posts

Profile of deans6571
I am a novice when it comes to magic (I have only ever performed for family members - when I was a lot younger and had more time).

Was gonna purchase this (its only $5.95 from Penguin so relatively cheap) however, after watching the trailer just 2 times , its quite easy to work out how it is achieved. I am pretty sure I am 99% correct in my thinking and the fact that there are creases running down the center of the cards (which can be seen just before they are pulled from the fingers), confirms my suspicions.

I will say that the cards shouldn't actually be left with the spectators after the effect - if one of them folds the card along the crease, they will also realize how it is accomplished.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
The thing is...yes there is a fold in the card...go for it, try it...it wont work....i can place the cards on the specs fingers, and leave them there....bet those that think they have it worked out...can't.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Huh ... Seems that I'm extraordinary stubborn on Incredihole ... Even after reading these posts , knowing there's a crease , and checking out the 50 seconds mark , and watching it multiple times , I still don't have a clue on how it works ( think it's just me ... ) . I'll just have to get it , I agree on PRINCE on this one , real world performances , the audience are only exposed to a single time of performance .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Incredihole (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL