The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who's running the show? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Oh, the joys of having 20-year olds in charge!

A major movie theater about an hour's drive from me caters to "older folks" by screening classic movies once a week. This is how they presented the films for April on their glossy flyer. (See if you can spot the mistakes).

04//04/16
The Bells Of St. Marys (1945)
Bing Crosby, Ingrid Bergman

04/11/16
The Profesionals (1966)
Burt Lancaster, Lee Marvin

04/18/16
Viva Las Vegas (1964)
Frank Sinatra, Ann-Margret

04/25/16
Ziegfeld Follies (1945)
William Powell, Judy Garland
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I could only find one mistake. Elvis not Sinatra.

A few years ago at the mall, one teenage girl points to a cardboard cutout of Marilyn Monroe and says to the other "look, there's Madonna". It was the scene from "The Seven year itch".

I guess I'm just as bad. I can't name very many shows on tv unless they have been out for at least 8 years. Music is even harder for me 40's - 70's Great, no problem at all. 80's - present, big problem, each year I know less and less about the Artists and their Music.
Smile Iven
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I was flabbergasted that Sinatra was credited for appearing in Viva Las Vegas!

The other mistake is the misspelling of "The Profesionals" (should have two esses).

In keeping with your mall experience, years ago when I was teaching at Berklee College of Music, one of my students was very surprised to learn that Paul McCartney had been in another band before Wings.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2016, arthur stead wrote:
. . . one of my students was very surprised to learn that Paul McCartney had been in another band before Wings.

Are you talking about that solo album?
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Paul Mc who?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
When I was in my late teens and early twenties, they told us not to trust anyone over thirty. Now I know why I don't trust anyone under thirty.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
William powell was in the Great Ziegfeld
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Marys should be Mary's
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2016, irossall wrote:
I could only find one mistake. Elvis not Sinatra.

A few years ago at the mall, one teenage girl points to a cardboard cutout of Marilyn Monroe and says to the other "look, there's Madonna". It was the scene from "The Seven year itch".

I guess I'm just as bad. I can't name very many shows on tv unless they have been out for at least 8 years. Music is even harder for me 40's - 70's Great, no problem at all. 80's - present, big problem, each year I know less and less about the Artists and their Music.
Smile Iven

There is a story that Pamela Anderson's bomb movie "Barb Wire," was playing at Cannes. A couple of girls walked by the poster and one said to the other; "Hey, Ru Paul made a film."

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/barb-wire-1996
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who's running the show? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL