The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Old Whodunit and Mystery Movies (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1477 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
The "Miss Marple" flics (in black & white) starring Margaret Rutherford:

1961: Murder She Said
1963: Murder at the Gallop
1964: Murder Most Foul
1964: Murder Ahoy

When it comes to Whodunits, I also like the 1974 film "Murder on the Orient Express" directed by Sidney Lumet starring Albert Finney as Hercule Poirot.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5707 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Thanks a bunch you guys! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2729 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2016, Bob1Dog wrote:
Hitchcock's "The Birds." Also, as an aside, there's another thread out there about TV shows with a hidden or inside message. But for movies, you might not know that it was common to see Alfred Hitchcock in several of his movies in very quick cameos. They can be fun to watch just to find him. Usually it's early in the picture if my memory serves me. I'm pretty sure he was in The Birds, Psycho and some others.

He said at first it was because he needed extra people and he was available, after that, it became a supersition and later it was expected of him. But he said he tried to get it in quickly so people would stop looking for him. The best one was "Lifeboat" where there wasn't any place for him to come in from.

I used to like the NBC Mystery Movie of the Week (where Columbo came from) as well as McMillan and Wife (which suffered when Susan St. James got boosted out.) And others.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Old Whodunit and Mystery Movies (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL