The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My materials on Arthur Ford that were eliminated from Wikipedia (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm not sure what you are unclear on. What is your question? I'm sure I can logically help you out. What claims are you making again? Let's please be clear this time. Smile
The thread is about Arthur Ford ... a fellow Floridian who is respected greatly here in Florida, especially in Cassadaga and the surrounding areas.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Sardonicus
View Profile
New user
The Left Coast, USA
50 Posts

Profile of Sardonicus
You continue to answer -nothing-. No original thought, no discussion, no flow of information or ideas...just a relentless and ad nauseam one-trick pony show. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but not any longer.

I've always suspected you were merely a troll; now I know for sure.

It's my fault for trying, but then as I said...benefit of the doubt.

The field is yours, my friend.
"Books break the shackles of time. A book is proof that humans are capable of working magic." Carl Sagan, Cosmos
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
"On the surface, Cassadaga resembles a Florida Mayberry. Set back in the backwoods between Daytona and Orlando, the little “Psychic Capital of the World,” has long been a sanctuary for mediums, healers, psychics, and just plain freaks."
https://www.vice.com/read/inside-cassadaga
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On May 9, 2016, miistermagico wrote:
"On the surface, Cassadaga resembles a Florida Mayberry. Set back in the backwoods between Daytona and Orlando, the little “Psychic Capital of the World,” has long been a sanctuary for mediums, healers, psychics, and just plain freaks."
https://www.vice.com/read/inside-cassadaga

Another way of saying, "...a sanctuary for frauds, crooks, the self-deluded and just plain freaks."
Sardonicus
View Profile
New user
The Left Coast, USA
50 Posts

Profile of Sardonicus
So, there's more to the statement "who is respected greatly...especially in Cassadaga" than meets the eye. It's a bit ***ing, and it slipped right by me.

The "Psychic Capital of the World" title is interesting. I would have thought Sedona, AZ had more support for that claim.

Thanks for the link. It was very interesting.
"Books break the shackles of time. A book is proof that humans are capable of working magic." Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I've purchased some of Arthur Fords sermons at Cassadaga (Audio recordings). The restaurant in the Hotel makes the best Cassadaga Calamari Salad in the world! It's a fun bar too! If you read the article you'll see I play both sides of the street. The Hotel side is Awesome and Fun while the bookstore side is Authentic and Deeply Spiritual. I have friends who work both sides. Edward Saint claimed to have gone to Cassadaga many times (He and Bess were shacked up not far from there) Saint claimed he'd bamboozled the mediums there with his magic tricks. (Hidden fleas he says)
Cassadaga and Lake Helen share a graveyard. It's where the Devil's Chair is located. My good friend Charlie Carlson, the author of Weird Florida, had written about it before his passing.

You can see a pic of it here.
https://www.facebook.com/973762336033877......&theater
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Sardonicus
View Profile
New user
The Left Coast, USA
50 Posts

Profile of Sardonicus
Quote:
On May 9, 2016, Sardonicus wrote:
So, there's more to the statement "who is respected greatly...especially in Cassadaga" than meets the eye. It's a bit ***ing, and it slipped right by me.

What do you know? I got bleeped. I realize it's crass to respond to your own post, but perhaps this calls for an exception.

I didn't think my word, which can be defined as "strongly indicative of guilt", was naughty...but I guess that's not my call. But why is the use of Smart *** deck allowed (I self-censored) but a more innocuous word such as mine gets nailed? I can point to a thread where a user complains that the software won't allow him to use the j. a. phrase for a donkey...but the Smart *** gets through. I've seen the P-word for one example, (there are more) and those words seem to be allowed based on context, which the automated censor can't take into account. A master list of banned words which includes my somewhat obscure one would surely catch these other examples. And if my word was caught because it had the four letters of the d word in it, how was Dougini able to evade being bleeped merely by placing a piece of punctuation in front of each of his bad words? I assume (pun intended) that he eventually paid the price.

I'm not complaining; I just don't understand how the system works. I don't mind rules; I just like to be able to understand them. They're easier to follow that way.

I didn't even realize that the Café automatically censored certain words until now. I'm aware of this statement from the Café's Etiquette section: "Posts which use profanity will be deleted. No exceptions." Based on what I've seen slip by, I just assumed that we self-censored and the bad examples I've noticed had just slipped past management.

Another oddity is that there are three asterisks in my censored word, when there ought to be four.

And lastly, I really have no intention of hijacking or diverting the thread. But every other seemingly appropriate forum or thread where I looked to post this is locked. Maybe I just missed something, in which case I offer my apologies, and I'd actually appreciate this post being moved to a more suitable location if possible. In fact, I'm counting on it.
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
OBJECTIVITY
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
My first visit to Florida was to Titusville, Arthur Fords home town. He is loved by many Floridians. By defeating Thurston in the debate at Carnegie Hall and "Cracking" the Houdini Code, he has been despised by many pseudo skeptical types in the magic community. Arthur toured the world as the Real Deal for over 40 years and no magician could best him. No lawyer could stop him. No one could ever expose him. Those who claim to are pulling your leg Smile ... On the flip side .. Dr. Edward Saint was a total fraud. That wasn't even his real name, and he certainly was never a doctor !!!!
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Seances Each Year
"Every year on the anniversary his death [Houdini] she
[Bess Houdini] held a seance at Payson Avenue, attended by quite a few well-known magicians."
Appendix: Recollections of Harry and Bess Houdini by Marie Hinson Blood
Houdini!!! The Career of Erich Weiss by Kenneth Silverman,
Harper Collins Publishers, 1996, page 428
Bess Houdini lived at 67 Payson Avenue in Inwood.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On May 14, 2016, miistermagico wrote:
Seances Each Year
[Bess Houdini] held a seance at Payson Avenue, attended by quite a few well-known magicians."

This is an excellent find if true!!!! It will be the very first time ANYONE other than Edward Saint made this claim IF it predates Saints claim, which no one now sees as truthful. However it doesn't say for 10 years does it? It doesn't say which years?
I'll see if I can find my copy of this book. Keep up the good work .....But there is ONE PROBLEM......A BIG ONE!!!!!
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
It says "EVERY YEAR on the anniversary of his death." I think this would satisfy most people as would THE LAST SEANCE on 31 October 1936.
Sardonicus
View Profile
New user
The Left Coast, USA
50 Posts

Profile of Sardonicus
You said it yourself, miistermagico...the key word here is "most". Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On May 14, 2016, miistermagico wrote:
Seances Each Year

Are you saying this proves that Bess Houdini held seances for 10 years, not at the top of the Knickerbocker Hotel as others have claimed, but instead at 67 Payson Avenue?

Because that's just crazy talk since she didn't even live there after 1931 ... So where were the Seances in 1932, 1933, 1934, and 1935???? Certainly not at 67 Payon Avenue...
However here is proof that she held ONE there in 1929 .. With Arthur Ford!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/Houdinis-GHOST-973762336033877/

It was Headline News ...
BTW .. Your own article says Edward Saint was FEATHERING HIS NEST with Bess Houdini's money!!!!!!

Page 428.. "Saint kept these folks at bay, and of course was feathering his own nest."... !!!!!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Https://www.facebook.com/973762336033877......&theater

His widow certain spirit note is genuine........
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1171 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Funny, I always though Lily Dale was the spirltualist capital of the world.

http://www.lilydaleassembly.com/

Look at their schedule events, that have some big names appearing.

And their lake has water.

Slim you may have to relocate.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
"World’s Largest Center for the Science Philosophy and Religion of Spiritualism"

Science?!
I've asked to be banned
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1171 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Iain, you should go. You would be a god amongst mortals.

Come over to the dark side and fleece the rubs! Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Cassadaga is a fantastic and inspiring place. I've never been to Lilydale. Perhaps some day. Edward Saint worked both places. Smile
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
Since our main goal in life is happiness. Isn't it likely we rationalize and shape our emotional beliefs and convictions to give us comfort and assurance? .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My materials on Arthur Ford that were eliminated from Wikipedia (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL