The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Levitation/ Suspension - Gimmick under magicians shirt (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kinjite
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of kinjite
Hello,

does anyone know the name for this version of Levitation/Supension of lady? in this version the assistant is just suspended in the air. She cannot go up or down. she is connected to magician during the performance. Gimmick is under the magician's shirt. I could only find one seller for this version of levitation. seller is asking for $1500. I don't want to overpay for the effect if it actually retails for less elsewhere. Does anyone know what the name of this levitation? or of any sellers of this levitation. I am looking to purchase this effect. but want to be able to compare prices before committing myself to the purchase. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opbwVJiR......ndex=182
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
In that video, I don't think the gimmick is under his shirt. However, after you have 50 posts, you will be able to inquire/purchase these type of effects here on the Café.

Jim
sam2452
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of sam2452
You can buy on it on eBay search under magic stage illusion
I think you have to be about 150b -160b person to fit in the gimmick.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22595 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I agree with Jim, you are way off on the method, and that girl was more like 100 lbs. or less. I would think it all depends on what the device is built for as far as weight goes. As you are watching a oriental couple, some Orientals are not as tall western people. I would ask a lot of questions before purchasing an illusion like this. If they will not give you creditable requirements to perform the illusion, I would pass on this, or you may be stuck with an illusion you cannot perform because of you or assistants stature.

This you will have to have a set of stage curtains for your backdrop as well. So that increases the price substantially.

That price quote sounds more then in line with what is involved in making this type of illusion.
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Hello, Kinjite !I personally know this magician ,her name Lee Jei Min. He create and made this gimmick, so please contact him - he give you all complete answer . He is from South Korea, but he speak English. Here is web: http://www.magicartist.net And e-mail: edumagic@naver.com
kinjite
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of kinjite
Serge,

thank you for pointing me in the right direction
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Bill...why on earth would you need stage curtains??? This is similar to the Bob Brown and Brenda suspension illusion of MANY years back. I'm not if Yogano has it in his book with his design.

Blair
john wills
View Profile
Special user
940 Posts

Profile of john wills
You can find on YouTube: Bob Brown and Blenda levitation (Brenda misspelled!)
If I remember wel I saw them for the first time at FISM Brussels.
Later Bob Brown offered it for about 10.000 USD.
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Jei Min principle different then Yogano....I know both in details!
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Yogano version is more complicated in the mechanical and the weight of the assistant doesn't matter.
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Totally agree with you, Mr Cahyo ))))
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Levitation/ Suspension - Gimmick under magicians shirt (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL