The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Masquerade by Magic Tao (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ollybollydobdob
View Profile
New user
UK
65 Posts

Profile of ollybollydobdob
Anyone seen this yet, saw it on Magic Tao TV, I think this looks awesome, so many surprises and everything can be examined, and it has got me stumped, don't buy many tricks, much prefer books,but think I am gonna get this one!
http://www.magictao.co.uk/masquerade-by-magictao
Have fun,
Darren
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1682 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I wouldn't support this release. This is Rus Andrews' Dual Edge, which was also released by MagicTao years ago, but they went ahead and re-released it stripping Rus from the title. It's not fair to the creator, and he was not happy at all about this.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
975 Posts

Profile of Withnail
Don’t support anything to do with magic tao.

Thieves.
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
ollybollydobdob
View Profile
New user
UK
65 Posts

Profile of ollybollydobdob
Hey TuneHV, Just had a look at the video demo for Rus Andrew's effect Dual Edge, and your right, it does look EXACTLY the same . . ? they do say on on their Tao Tv channel it's based on an old effect that they have updated, made easier and changed slightly so who knows?
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Dual edge is three quid cheaper so thet is the better one to get
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
This is a direct rip off. Get Dual Edge instead.
Calvin826
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Does anyone know if the original is examinable, as the the 'new' version purports to be? What are the so-called improvements.

Fun trick, by the way, will be purchasing the original from Penguin. Thinking about incorporating an old bit I saw on one of Michael Close's DVDs involving what at first appears to be a gag prediction('You will not select a Joker..').
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2016, Calvin826 wrote:
Does anyone know if the original is examinable, as the the 'new' version purports to be? What are the so-called improvements.

Fun trick, by the way, will be purchasing the original from Penguin. Thinking about incorporating an old bit I saw on one of Michael Close's DVDs involving what at first appears to be a gag prediction('You will not select a Joker..').

The original is fully examinable .

Am I the only one who thinks that SansMinds on occasions actually releases better effects than Magic Tao ?
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
This is a direct rip off. Get Dual Edge instead.

Yep, support the original creators Rus and Mark.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1092 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I really like the title of this effect 'Masquarade'. It perfect for this effect and company, an old effect Masquarading as a new one. As well as a magic Tao Masquarading as a decent magic company.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Chamberlain
View Profile
Elite user
462 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Wow its the exact same effect. How could they not know, especially since Costa joins Rus for the explanation for Dual Edge.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Masquerade by Magic Tao (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL