The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Traveler, Gimmick and Online Instructions by Jeff Copeland (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Tring UK
333 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Hi guys
I am a relative newbee to coin magic, and I was wondering if anyone would recommend this for a begginer. Are the effects that are taught with this a bit too advanced or are they within reach of someone like myself
Many thanks
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I bought it, and you get a lengthy video. Most of the moves he will teach you are either intermediate or advanced. Not for beginner. But there are still some basic, easy, moves you can do. One easy effect you can do is the trick you can do with the Endless Coin Tray. Say, you show 2 coins, put them in the wallet, and you do a magical gesture, and you take out three coins. Or you can do a coin switch, just like any himber coin purse. But the latter is easier to handle than the traveler.
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
303 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Guys!
great news I've been saving up and I get to put in my order tonight or tomorrow thanks to the blessed flat pack shipping over at penguin
so excited!!!!!!
gnomad
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of gnomad
Mine arrived yesterday. Really well made item, and the 3 hour video is excellent.
While many of the moves are a bit advanced (for me, at least) it's giving me something to strive for.
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2016, mh1001 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2016, On The Offbeat wrote:
But it occurred to me that concealing a magnet in the wallet could open up some interesting possibilities if using certain coins.
Just something else to play around with to spur the imagination.

You cannot know how much I love magnets. Still, I don't see where you can insert a magnet here. Let me (or us) know if you have found a way to use such a tool.

I havn't yet tried anything, but I imagine if you insert a magnets plate in the gimmicks, you can almost do a chop cup routine, the only different is you are using the leather wallet.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3527 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2016, AceFace wrote:
Hi guys
I am a relative newbee to coin magic, and I was wondering if anyone would recommend this for a begginer. Are the effects that are taught with this a bit too advanced or are they within reach of someone like myself
Many thanks

Hi. This would be a really good prop to have for a beginner. The coin pouch does a lot of the magic. I would say that the instruction video may go into some moves that may be beyond your skills at this point, but you will also learn some really simple things you can do with this. I have been doing coin magic for many years and I worked out a little routine with the coin pouch that uses the simplest of moves.

All the best to you.

KJ
lejulio
View Profile
New user
Worlwide
56 Posts

Profile of lejulio
Very beautiful wallet!
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1165 Posts

Profile of Jared
I'm very happy with mine and the routines provided are excellent...You can't go wrong with this. I'm not sure if anybody's tried this yet but the wallet has potential to be an excellent switching device for billets in mentalism. The cardstock would have to be heavy but it seems like it could be a viable option.
pollysukemaru
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
151 Posts

Profile of pollysukemaru
I just received it. I love everything about this wallet! It's pretty rare to see such a functional prop with stylish looking for everyday use! I might order another for my personal use for change. One of the best purchase over the years!!
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2311 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This is very nice I love the way it folds up and opens.

We have it in stock here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/t......ick.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3527 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2016, Jared wrote:
I'm very happy with mine and the routines provided are excellent...You can't go wrong with this. I'm not sure if anybody's tried this yet but the wallet has potential to be an excellent switching device for billets in mentalism. The cardstock would have to be heavy but it seems like it could be a viable option.

That is a great idea! I'm sure that could be done with a small billet.

BTW, the routine I use is very similar to his excellent routine where the coins change size. However, rather than a dime, half dollar, and jumbo coin, I use a miniature quarter, a regular size quarter, and a jumbo quarter. It is awesome!

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3527 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
One more thing: In my routine, it starts with a borrowed quarter. It turns into a miniature quarter, then back to the normal quarter, then into the jumbo quarter. I then hand the person who loaned the quarter the jumbo quarter, they see the jumbo quarter going into their hand, but they are left with the borrowed regular quarter. The routine does involve an additional gimmick, if anyone is interested, send me a PM.

KJ
Magic Pierre
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Magic Pierre
I just got this and love it. Beautifully made, ingenious, functional and subtle.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
It's not going to work with billets. Way too light.
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Hey Gang, I'm not active on this site, but I wanted to drop a line and say "Thank You!" To this community for the overwhelming support to my project! Im glad to see so much interest and activity about my work. If you have Traveler then you have a link to a private Facebook group. (It's just below the streaming video on the Murphys video instruction page. ). Some folks from around the world are already posting videos to some of your thoughts and questions. For example, There is a kid from Malaysia working on some switches that might interest the mentalists here. Maybe his thoughts will help you or you can help him. I'm a coin guy, so I'm excited to See different applications with it and that is what I set up the page for, to have a think tank on how to do new things. If you don't have Traveler, you can direct questions at me. I'll try to check in to the Café the next couple of months and answer your questions.
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Im definately going to buy this I always got coins jangling about in my pockets so this will solve that little problem and give me a new trick on the spur of the moment, all the reveiws so far make it like its a good weapon to have in the arsenel
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
I have bit the bullit and ordered it today so it should get here tomorow with special delivery and the dealer has sent me the vidio password already so I can start watching a tutorial right away good service there,so here I go I think Im going to like this one
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
I have watch the video and the bloke is one of the best coin magicains I have ever seen he is Brillaint, the purse thing looks like its some good fun but its what his coin skills are what is the brilliant thing about it, I should get my one tomorrow so I'll say what its like then
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
My one just arrived a nice prop and hidden secret is tucked away nicely, I will spoend the next few days making it my own like it says in the video so here I go
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
It looks like a good portable way to perform classic wild coin routines instead of using a cup. And sounds like it could also be used to start and end clean! I will definitely be getting this!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Traveler, Gimmick and Online Instructions by Jeff Copeland (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL