The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » 285: Magic's Theater of Illusion & Museum (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Many years ago, John Wright once owned a catering business to Hollywood movie and TV sets. During that time, John (aka Johnny Magic) was also a frequent performer at the Magic Castle. In fact, his picture is one of those featured in the Norm Nielsen book, "The Magic Castle Walls of Fame" along with a short bio. A few years ago he settled in Austin and in December 2013 opened his theater in a building that also houses and displays his magic collection: Magic's Theater of Illusion & Museum. He was also on the set with many television shows, in particular "Fantasy Island" where he got to meet and rub shoulders with some of the greatest actors and actresses of our time who guest starred on the show. Many of those friends appear in photos on the walls.

On Saturday nights he offers a family stage show (or sometimes two shows) but he recently expanded the building to include a close-up gallery where they now feature close-up magic on Friday nights. It is worth the drive and contains some rather important magic artifacts and ephemera. On this week's podcast you can take a virtual tour with your ears as Johnny guides us through his collection and describes many of the stories and background of much of his collection.

You can see a video I shot with my iPad, see some photos, read the blog, listen to the podcast and download the MP3 file at: http://themagicwordpodcast.com/scottwell......ny-magic

You can also listen to my reviews of three new tricks offered through Murphy's Magic Supplies. You can check out more details on the tricks at my Download Store at: http://themagicwordpodcast.com/download-store/
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
StanleyRosenhouse
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of StanleyRosenhouse
It was nice seeing your video after listening to the podcast.
I feel like I was there.
Nice job.
Stan
johnmagic
View Profile
Regular user
13419 fitzhugh road austin tx 78736
107 Posts

Profile of johnmagic
Thanks Scott for coming by so many years ago it’s time for another visit we’ve added quite a few things to the museum. Alexander original billboard 20 feet long and 9 feet tall .Alexander original Green and gold stripe poster Blackstone senior billboard 9 feet tall and 20 feet long it’s quiet wonderful .it’s hanging in the theater. the close up room is completely remodeled every seat has an eye on the table so thanks again it was a pleasure meeting you and Trixie Your buddy in Magic John Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » 285: Magic's Theater of Illusion & Museum (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL