The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » The Routine (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
One of the things that gives me a lot of satisfaction is making a new magic trick or illusion my own. I'll buy something, read the suggested patter, and fool around with the trick a little. At some point in the next several days, an idea will just pop into my head as to how I want to present it. Usually, this happens while I'm laying in bed at night.

I do this to virtually every magic trick I get.

I'll give you a few examples. Feel free to use my ideas if you wish. My Pet Boris. I tell people I have a new palm reading APP. My Hare Mail mailbox. Inside of the mail box is a 3D printer. I made a 3D printer magic catalog. At the beginning of my show I pretend to order a live bunny from my factious 3D magic dealer. For safety reasons, I only have 2 minutes to retrieve the bunny from the mail box or it will be automatically sent back to the dealer.
My new/used Petrie and Lewis shooting through women illusion turns into a Wild West show routine from the early 1900's, with western costumes and patter.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15909 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thank you kindly sir. It sounds amazing and importantly funny. In particularly the one that appeals to my mind and heart is the 3D mini printer idea. Mission Impossible springs to mind and the miniaturization of technology is something that makes me stop and think.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
birdman69
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
93 Posts

Profile of birdman69
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2016, wizardpa wrote:
One of the things that gives me a lot of satisfaction is making a new magic trick or illusion my own. I'll buy something, read the suggested patter, and fool around with the trick a little. At some point in the next several days, an idea will just pop into my head as to how I want to present it. Usually, this happens while I'm laying in bed at night.

I do this to virtually every magic trick I get.

I'll give you a few examples. Feel free to use my ideas if you wish. My Pet Boris. I tell people I have a new palm reading APP. My Hare Mail mailbox. Inside of the mail box is a 3D printer. I made a 3D printer magic catalog. At the beginning of my show I pretend to order a live bunny from my factious 3D magic dealer. For safety reasons, I only have 2 minutes to retrieve the bunny from the mail box or it will be automatically sent back to the dealer.
My new/used Petrie and Lewis shooting through women illusion turns into a Wild West show routine from the early 1900's, with western costumes and patter.

I’d love to see a performance of that
support@mypetboris.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » The Routine (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL