The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Jamy Ian Swiss Lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joe Pon
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Joe Pon
Jamy Ian Swiss

“The Honest Liar Lecture”

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

7:30pm – doors open at 7:00

$30.00 advance-members before deadline

$35.00 advance-deadline 4/29/16

$40.00 at the door

Great Star Theater-Chinatown

636 Jackson St. @ Kearny

Tickets & info: Misdirections Magic Shop

(415) 566-2180

www.misdirections.com

“As featured on CBS ‘Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqoz7MwDaAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsm6o20SLps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwMqELYTROA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQxrWJ-6Tcg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLrcxVEKNl8

An acclaimed master of the challenging Art of Sleight of Hand, Jamy Ian Swiss has performed magic for presenters ranging from Fortune 500 companies to the Smithsonian Institution. He has been called a magician’s magician, comedian, & artist, but Swiss himself prefers the phrase “Honest Liar.” “One of my great satisfactions in being a magician is that it is the most honest living I have ever made,” says Swiss. "As Karl Germain, a world-famous conjurer at the turn of the century, said, “The magician is the most honest of all professionals. He first promises to deceive you, & then he does.” Above all else, Swiss is an entertainer, as this glowing review from the kings of irreverent magic, Penn & Teller, makes quite clear: “Jamy Ian Swiss makes one understand what a terrifying art form pure sleight of hand can be. He is James Bond with a deck of cards for a pistol.” He is the producer of New York’s longest-running off-Broadway magic show, “Monday Night Magic” & has made numerous television appearances including on CBS “Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson” “48 Hours,” PBS “Nova,” & the PBS documentary “The Art of Magic,” Comedy Central & repeat appearances on the Today Show. Behind the cameras, he has been a writer/producer for “Penn & Teller’s Sin City Spectacular” series on FX; served as writer/director for “Marco Tempest’s The Virtual Magician;” created, produced & performed in the Discovery Channel’s documentary “Cracking the Con Games;” & has consulted on feature films, including “The Fantasticks.” If this was not enough, Swiss is also a busy & accomplished writer. He is the author of the highly acclaimed & best-selling books “Shattering Illusions” & “Devious Standard” & was co-author of “The Art of Magic” & “Visual Explantions” & contributed to “Magic for Dummies” & Penn & Teller’s book “How to Play With Your Food” & a columnist for “Genii, The Conjurors’ Magazine.” A founder of the National Capital Area Skeptics and contributor to Skeptic Magazine, Swiss lectures to scientific, academic and university audiences about deception and the paranormal on “The Illusion of Psychic Powers.” Why, you might wonder, is a professional deceiver concerned about the misuses of deception? “I want to highlight the line between illusion and reality,” Swiss explains. “The fantasy world I create as a magician is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.”

Jamy’s Honest Liar Lecture is packed with practical material from his own working repertoire – filled with real-life information about performance of magic – all delivered in Jamy’s powerful potent, & unprecedented style! He will teach items with cards, coins, general close-up magic & mentalism. You will receive the benefits of Jamy’s 40 years in magic, saving you much time & wasted efforts by pointing out the best sleights to choose, where to find them in the literature, & how to develop a practical technical arsenal that avoids unnecessary duplication. Throughout the lecture, you will receive invaluable guidance concerning magic books. His lecture is more than just tricks. It’s a carefully constructed performance, a session with an expert teacher, a riveting motivational experience. These are not merely magic lessons – these are life lessons!

"A dazzling sleight-of-hand man"-The New York Times "Don't miss astonishing magician Jamy Ian Swiss!"-Vanity Fair

"Swiss is widely thought to have one of the most masterly sleight-of-hand techniques in the world today … like seeing Yo-Yo Ma practicing scales at Carnegie Hall"-New York Yorker "You’re freakin’ me out."-Matt Lauer, The Today Show "I have the rare and most excellent honor of being able to call Jamy Ian Swiss my good friend. I have learned much from my association with him: that I can still be fooled, repeatedly it seems; that watching impossible things happen in front of me makes me laugh uncontrollably; and finally, that secret arts and mystery still have an important and vital role to play in the world."-Adam Savage, Mythbusters “The most KNOWLEDGEABLE, CLEVER & ENTERTAINING close-up guy I’ve seen in a long time.”-Karrel Fox “A remarkable performer & the epitome of skill…”-Dai Vernon “A member of the New York City’s close-up elite.”-Stephen Minch “A powerful performance full of strong material & thought provoking theory.”-Michael Ammar “I love reading his thoughts on magic because he is provocative. I always learn something new.”-Lance Burton “He has raised the quality of magic criticism to a high level. His essays are thoughtful, erudite, & scholarly. He educates while he entertains.” –Michael Close “His words are magic!”-Johnny Thompson “Jamy possesses the ability to analyze technique & theoretical issue in great detail, & to communicate such complex material in clear & effective ways.”-Jeff McBride “Jamy is a serious magical thinker who will help you think more seriously & more creatively about your own magic.”-Eugene Burger

DO NOT MISS THIS EVENT!!! JAMY IAN SWISS WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER MAGICIAN!!! ONE NIGHT ONLY!!!

THIS IS A MISDIRECTIONS MAGIC SHOP EXCLUSIVE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Jamy Ian Swiss Lecture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL