The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » New Briefcase Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hiya, Magi!

Here's a new table of which I'm, well, rather proud. PM for construction details.

http://home.earthlink.net/~magicbystone/briefcase_table.htm

Leland Edward Stone
Mr. Ed
View Profile
Veteran user
California
337 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ed
Leland it looks great. Can we expect to see one donated for the ring 313 raffle this month????

If you want to have the base look a little snazier, give me a call or PM me. I have some ideas.
He who laughs, lasts.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22447 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
How much does it wobble? Nice use for a camera case. I have built similar out to wood and covered with leather. Never found a sturdy tripod base.
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hiya, Wmhegbli:

Wobble? Zip, nada, nothing, zilch. The case is reinforced at the point where the upright passes into it, the flange clamps tightly to the upright, and the rather substantial mike stand has been cut down to reduce its center of gravity. The whole thing only rises to a maximum 38" floor to case bottom (45" to case top), so there's a small crossbar-to-shaft ratio.

Thanks!
Leland
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2731 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Well done, Leland. Very clean and professional looking!

Ron
Clayton Cavaness
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
56 Posts

Profile of Clayton Cavaness
Nice job!

Can you tell me if the case will spin when it is on the base. If it does is there a way to make it not?
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hi, Clayton:

There's no spinning, since friction is quite high when the large star wheel is torqued to clamp everything in place.

As things wear, there may be less friction. But if there's ever any tendency to spin, it can be completely eliminated with a 1/4" hole drilled 1/4" from the end of the shaft; the bolt of the star wheel will then engage that hole and lock the case in position.

Thanks for your interest!
Leland
Miracle Man Show
View Profile
New user
Indiana
56 Posts

Profile of Miracle Man Show
Leland,

I love your design concept, thanks for posting the welding diagram on your website.
Good job!
Tom McCormick
"The Miracle Man Show"
There's only one Miracle Man, that's Jesus Christ; I just get to do a show about HIM.
www.themiraclemanshow.com
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Nice Job !!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » New Briefcase Table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL