The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Instant by Les French Twins (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2016, Les French TWINS wrote:
The tea bags are gimmicked to put an object inside and instantly seal them.

Am I wrong if I say it's similar as a Bonsaloppe ? I suppose, so, that a spectator himself can tear up the tea bag but it requires you to "guide" them so as to decrease the chance they start examining the bag before opening it.
Jacopo
View Profile
New user
Italy
30 Posts

Profile of Jacopo
Hi Les French TWINS, WOW!! congratulation, looks great!!! I really love visual morph!! Thanks you for the live performance! I will buy it! ;-)
My latest release: Verve by Jacopo Maggetto
My first release: J-TAB by Jacopo Maggetto
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
256 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Less French Twins have just released an adult version of this called Magixx, which substitutes an appearing condom instead of a teabag!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1892 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
At first I thought this was a joke. I soon found out it was real. Id like to know why this was not called French Ticklers? It would work for pre-wedding shows. You know something like she has him all wrapped up for his own protection.

Good magic to all,

Eric
fcchief1
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Would still like to know where we can order refills?? I have checked several sites with the pre-sale of this, yet none offer refills! Interesting this is still on pre-order until 23rd of May, yet Magix is already out, of course only thru Ellusionist or Les French Twins themselves.
samdan
View Profile
Special user
507 Posts

Profile of samdan
Any actual reviews yet?
Akmal Magication
View Profile
New user
Brunei
76 Posts

Profile of Akmal Magication
Is there any switch involve? sorry if this is too much to ask..
"Imagination & Knowledge is a tools for creativity"
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1728 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Instant T – Les French Twins

Product description : Well, let's talk about this trick, which is not the usual thing you would do during your show. Imagine asking a spectator to take a card, showing him a prediction card before in your pocket. But, instead of showing them the face, you turn the card into a bag of tea ! This is so visual, the change is amazing. Just after, you rip open the tea bag and inside, attached to the thread is the selected card, folded in 4 !

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $39.95 and you can get from any partner of Murphy's Magic !

What you get : You get one of the coolest packaging I've ever seen for a magic trick. The trick is to make tea appear right ? So what would be better than providing the trick inside an actual tea box ? They did it ! They made a tea box, with a brand they invented so there is no actual problem with patent or anything. You get 50 refills, they are tea bags which are made in a way you can easily load them. You also get a gimmick, either in red or blue. It's really well made, I really liked the whole thing, very classy, very professionnal !

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaDLGRbTUgY

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
- Even if the gimmick is really made, the movement you will make to trigger it will wear it. So if you have to be careful with your gimmick (I wish they did include 2 gimmicks, one for training and one for performance)
- You will eventually have to buy refills if you perform this trick multiple time.

THE PROS :
- It's very very visual ! It's not a card changing into another one, it's a card which morphs into another object of a different shape and size. It looks and feel different for the spectator ! Really like that point.
- A tea bag is something everyone can relate to ! The fact their card ends up folded inside the SEALED tea bag is awesome, people just can't track back what happend.
- It doesn't have to be a card, it can be a ring, a coin, or any object you fit inside and attached to the thread. Just remember loading an object inside the bag should be done before the trick, you can't load a signed card or coin during the routine.
- The attention that has been put in the packaging and the gimmick is awesome, not a lot of creators take the time to do so.
- The instruction video is clear and to the point, I honestly think your imagination will lead you to new routines.

Overall rating : Even if the gimmick wears a little bit quicker than what I expected, I really like the change and the whole routine, 4/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, nothing hard, just the move to change the card is quite kancky but nothing impossible, 3/5 stars.

Similar products : Magix is another creation by Les French Twins but it's limited to one card, for the price of Instant T, you have only 12 refills. And I heard the quality wasn't that good. And turning a card into a condom isn't what I like in magic.

If you liked my review, make sure to check my other ones in the link in my signature !
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1892 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Pretty much agree with Alex. My advice on the gimmick is use a soft touch to do the move. Let the gimmick do the work. But I will say this new on line instructions stuff is really a bad idea as fas as I'm concerned. I much prefer a dvd for instructions. Its easier to get around and rewind etc. Id even be willing to pay the extra couple of bucks to have dvd instructions. So note to all magic sellers quit with the on line stuff and please use dvd instructions. I'm giving this a 7 out of 10 just because it has on line instructions. But the effect and gimmick are great. Such a shame the instructions are on line.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Thank you Alex for the review Smile
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I'm pretty satisfied with Les French Twins so far , thought they only released three products . Their first one ( Blaze ) is beyond my expectation that they provided everything , Magix isn't bad for me though , and I'm looking forward to receiving this one .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
benmagic1
View Profile
Regular user
London
177 Posts

Profile of benmagic1
Before I buy this would it be possible to let me know how quick the reset is if I want to do it table to table ?
Sussex/Kent/Surrey Wedding Photographer and Magician. Ben's Photography
Surrey/Sussex/Kent Magician
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1728 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2016, benmagic1 wrote:
Before I buy this would it be possible to let me know how quick the reset is if I want to do it table to table ?

Very quick, less than 5 seconds I would say Smile Easy to do from a table to another.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Jacopo
View Profile
New user
Italy
30 Posts

Profile of Jacopo
Hello magic friends, I not usually write reviews of tricks but this time I want to share with you my opinion about this great trick!

First of all Thanks to AlexDLF for the great review, I agree with pretty much everything you've written.

The first impression when I open the package was, WOW, you will receive a real tea box, personalized in all the parts, this say all about the great work behind this trick...I call project, yes, because this effect open the minds to an infinity of variation and can be adapted to all the style!

You will recieve also 50 tea bags!!!! this is fantastic!

You can also load on the fly a signed card!!! my favourite part!

About the CONS, like what Alex wrote, you need to be careful with your gimmick, you know...this happen always when you buy an hand made gimmick. But not worry, the gimmick will last you years!

Overall I advise you to buy it if you want something different and outside the box.

congratulations to the FrenchTwins for the great trick!
My latest release: Verve by Jacopo Maggetto
My first release: J-TAB by Jacopo Maggetto
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1251 Posts

Profile of Jared
I've been playing around with this mostly to amuse myself since seeing the card change into a Tea bag is pure eye candy to behold. But I still don't care for the plot itself. It doesn't make sense and I didn't care for the switch at the end which is "passable" but not as clean as I would have liked. However, I devised a simple bare bones routine that needs to be polished but it feels more justified. Here's how it would look:

You show the spectator about 40 different blank faced cards with beverage names printed on them (Pepsi, orange juice, water, coffee etc.). You ask the spectator to touch any card (forced by using the spread or classic force)and instruct them to remember their beverage. The cards are returned and then 'milk' shuffled. Ask the spectator to imagine the color of the beverage, taste, etc., After a short pause you remove the coffee card from the stack and show it to the spectator, who of course replies, "Nope, that's not it!". (at this point you top change the card for the gaff). Acting surprised you say, "Well, what is your beverage?" He says, "tea"...Suddenly, the Coffee card turns into a Tea bag in a blink of the eye.

This routine is very similar to the one presented by the Twins on their DVD. But what's nice is that you don't have to buy consumables and it's easy to perform. Granted, this may not be your cup of tea (pun intended) but at least the prop feels a little more justified and the reset takes only 2-seconds. If anybody else has more layers to add I'd like to hear your input.
bentleymagic
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of bentleymagic
I am really interested in purchasing this but I am a little unsure about the switch at the end. I am a little annoyed that they haven't shown an unedited performance in the trailer. I have heard other people suggest using a 'crossing the gaze' for the switch but I can't see how you could justify going to your pockets.

Any thoughts?
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1251 Posts

Profile of Jared
The switch is definitely the weakest part of the routine. You definitely could execute a more motivated the "crossing the gaze" switch if you are wearing a jacket or perhaps reach into you pocket to get a little souvenir "baggie" to give the spectator something to put the Tea bag into.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
585 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Two questions:

1) Is it possible to buy another gimmick or only the refills?

2) Isn't there another effect similar to this, called "Envilope" or something like that? You change a card into an envelope, and inside the envelope is the card. Released by Paul Harris. Don't have any of this; just commenting.
Have a nice day
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Mini review :
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

Quote:
On Sep 4, 2016, Maxyedid wrote:
Two questions:

1) Is it possible to buy another gimmick or only the refills?

2) Isn't there another effect similar to this, called "Envilope" or something like that? You change a card into an envelope, and inside the envelope is the card. Released by Paul Harris. Don't have any of this; just commenting.

1- Until now there is no refills even for the teabags .
2- It is not same as Envylope, different concept and handling , in Envylope you put card into the deck and after deck will vanish and transform to envelope while in Instant T the card tranforms to teabag containing the prediction .
Markus Ng
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Markus Ng
Any idea where to get refills?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Instant by Les French Twins (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL