The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups & Balls final load (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I was going to ask this as part of another thread here, but I didn't want hijack it.
Does anyone use a glass of liquid as a final load for the Cups & Balls? How would you do it?
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
Spent all this time on the Cafe' and all I have to show for it is
445 Posts

Profile of friend2cptsolo
Http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=115
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=8

here is 2 older threads dealing with the subject and also if you post under the secret sessions maybe people would be more likely to talk about the logistics or handling.

That would be a really cool final load!!! and SO surprising that it would make enough misdirection to keep producing more items....
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
Spent all this time on the Cafe' and all I have to show for it is
445 Posts

Profile of friend2cptsolo
Sorry probably one of those links above are from threads you already looked at.....
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Several methods are out there for that.
It is a great closer.
AndreaMooreMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of AndreaMooreMagic
I think you should experiment with what you are doing and come up with the method that works best with you.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Andy Galloway wrote that his teacher, John Ramsay did that. The realities of practical performing in context make the basic premise awkward.

If you're working on a one-shot no reset parlor type act...classic methods and modern materials (plastic sealed glasses) seem to work.

Goldfish?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Uniwue, in UK, sold a leather chop cup with a holder and small brandy snifter.. probably 50 years ago.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Jean Merlin in France had special cups made with double walls having a hole at the inner bottom, and a very small hole near the mouth (or on the bottom I don't remember exactly). The hole was blocked by a bit of wax. At the end, after the large loads, he would scratch off the wax and pour liquid from each of the three cups on to the floor... Very very impressive
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
The "Stabbed and Shot" gimmick, or similar, can be usefully employed here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Cups & Balls final load (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL