The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ellusionist does FLAT RATE shipping - Permanently (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
We finally did it.

We've fixed our awful shipping (I know I know, we're so sorry it took this long, but we've been working hard to fix it)

MORE INFO HERE : https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/3973......ocale=en

Support the Thunderclap Smile

- G.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1282 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
To be believable, shouldn't this link point to the Ellusionist.com website?
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2016, Tim Cavendish wrote:
To be believable, shouldn't this link point to the Ellusionist.com website?



It's in 2 days. So this is a social media support function to help people spread the word.

- G.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of Sashac
(Full disclosure, I have friends that work with E but I'm by no means affiliated with them)

Ok had a bit of time today and made this up:

http://postimg.cc/image/ptxlba4n5/

I still don't understand how it's possible for them to ship 3 bricks for 9 $, but I'm by no means complaining! Smile
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
That is an insane chart Sashac, but really hits it home, great work by Ellusionist esp for bricks of cards, worth giving some of their decks a go now me thinks.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1408 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Looks like a great deal compared to other US sites exporting. MoM offer FREE shipping in the UK for 36 decks of cards. If you are in the EU, and order from a local supplier, there won't be any nasty surprise import duty and customs clearance fees charged by the postman on delivery too.

If you are in Europe you are still probably better off contacting a local shop. They will usually do a special deal for you or price match. That way, you avoid the import duty and extra fees added on arrival to your country, and you support your local community.

Hope this helps
Dominic
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1983 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2016, Sashac wrote:
(Full disclosure, I have friends that work with E but I'm by no means affiliated with them)

Ok had a bit of time today and made this up:

http://postimg.cc/image/ptxlba4n5/

I still don't understand how it's possible for them to ship 3 bricks for 9 $, but I'm by no means complaining! Smile


And its really helpful to get the "I made a million in 5 minutes" spam websites included.. (not!)
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Use firefox and the no-script plug in, blocks ads etc, bit of a pain at first, but I have used it for years.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2016, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Looks like a great deal compared to other US sites exporting. MoM offer FREE shipping in the UK for 36 decks of cards. If you are in the EU, and order from a local supplier, there won't be any nasty surprise import duty and customs clearance fees charged by the postman on delivery too.

If you are in Europe you are still probably better off contacting a local shop. They will usually do a special deal for you or price match. That way, you avoid the import duty and extra fees added on arrival to your country, and you support your local community.

Hope this helps
Dominic



Thanks Dom,

If you're offering free shipping on 36 decks of Ellusionist cards, how are you covering your shipping and import taxes as a wholesaler? Do you do that by increasing the list price on the site?

I think it's important to mention that we've worked with countries to reduce these customs fees to NOTHING. 99% of the time you won't be charged these fees anymore. Just know we've done everything we can to make sure you don't get stung with a big fee at your door anymore.
nukraze
View Profile
New user
NJ
76 Posts

Profile of nukraze
GeraintClarke - Any plans for a flat shipping rate in the US? I know we've had better pricing in the past, but looking at Sashac's chart, it's a little tought to see $9 shipping on 3 bricks when it just cost me almost $14 to ship 6 decks across the country to NJ. If not, I think you should adjust the title of this post since it only appears to cover international shipping. Thanks!
bghost
View Profile
New user
USA
92 Posts

Profile of bghost
It's a great gesture that E does flat rate for international shipping.
But I have to agree with nukraze that it doesn't make sense to have higher shipping cost to ship within US than other country now.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1408 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2016, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2016, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Looks like a great deal compared to other US sites exporting. MoM offer FREE shipping in the UK for 36 decks of cards. If you are in the EU, and order from a local supplier, there won't be any nasty surprise import duty and customs clearance fees charged by the postman on delivery too.

If you are in Europe you are still probably better off contacting a local shop. They will usually do a special deal for you or price match. That way, you avoid the import duty and extra fees added on arrival to your country, and you support your local community.

Hope this helps
Dominic



Thanks Dom,

If you're offering free shipping on 36 decks of Ellusionist cards, how are you covering your shipping and import taxes as a wholesaler? Do you do that by increasing the list price on the site?

I think it's important to mention that we've worked with countries to reduce these customs fees to NOTHING. 99% of the time you won't be charged these fees anymore. Just know we've done everything we can to make sure you don't get stung with a big fee at your door anymore.


MoM offer a range from all manufacturers so you are not limited in choice to one brand. Import duty and customs clearance fees are not added into the price. Orders from shops within the EU don't get charged import duty or import clearance fees as there is free trade between member states. Orders coming from outside the EU get essentially 'fined' with import duty, and clearance fees by each countries customs.

Great to see the E magic shop working with countries to bypass their import duty restrictions and International trade agreements.. lol That did make me chuckle..

Nothing against E Gerant and we are friends, but as you are thunderclapping this marketing, it's important to let international customers know that shipping 36 decks from E is over the £50 exclusion band set by customs.

VAT, then Import duty, then a clearance fees (fed-ex, DHL etc charge a £11/€15 fee to process) should/will be applied to the package on delivery. Unless the customs import paperwork is fraudulenty marked with a low order value to cheat Customs, but that is a criminal offence for both parties so not something E would do.

E will always declare the real order value on exports, as US law demands, so unless they have a tax avoidance loophole even Apple or Starbucks haven't spotted, tax will (and should) be added.

I feel that if a dealer is advertising 9$ international shipping on an order over the exclusion limit, it should point out that an import fee several times larger than that may be demanded from the customer at the time of delivery. I assume E is not offering to cover the additional import fees?

As I say, no hard feeling to you Gerant, so excuse me being picky, but a lot of MoM customers received that marketing and some asked the shop to price match on shipping, as they wanted a range of items from several manufacturers/brands. The advisors explain the hidden costs of importing, but really that shouldn't need explaining as it should be clear in the original offer.

wishing you the best
Dominic
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2016, GeraintClarke wrote:

I think it's important to mention that we've worked with countries to reduce these customs fees to NOTHING.


Huh? HM Revenue & Customs has waived custom fees for Ellusionist? How is that possible, is the Queen a Brad Christian fan?
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
839 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Yeah that bit is weird, how do you bypass the customs fee's? as far as I am aware the limit is £18 for the uk.
danskefogden
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of danskefogden
Late april fool. my money shaking in my hand
Nathan Horne
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
I am from South Africa - in the end it's cheaper to fly to the US for a day and fill my luggage with 400 decks Smile
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2016, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2016, GeraintClarke wrote:

I think it's important to mention that we've worked with countries to reduce these customs fees to NOTHING.


Huh? HM Revenue & Customs has waived custom fees for Ellusionist? How is that possible, is the Queen a Brad Christian fan?


Geraint? Were you mistaken?
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
That's illegal really bad of e-lusioinst to say it
nukraze
View Profile
New user
NJ
76 Posts

Profile of nukraze
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2016, nukraze wrote:
GeraintClarke - Any plans for a flat shipping rate in the US? I know we've had better pricing in the past, but looking at Sashac's chart, it's a little tought to see $9 shipping on 3 bricks when it just cost me almost $14 to ship 6 decks across the country to NJ. If not, I think you should adjust the title of this post since it only appears to cover international shipping. Thanks!


So.... I just received an email newsletter from Ellusionist - announcing that they are now doing $7 Flat Rate shipping for US customers as well! I think it's great that they're working to make shipping affordable to all customers. Wish more companies would look to offer flat rate shipping to customers as much as possible, saves us from the surprise of overally expensive shipping estimates only after you load up your cart.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2016, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Looks like a great deal compared to other US sites exporting. MoM offer FREE shipping in the UK for 36 decks of cards. If you are in the EU, and order from a local supplier, there won't be any nasty surprise import duty and customs clearance fees charged by the postman on delivery too.

If you are in Europe you are still probably better off contacting a local shop. They will usually do a special deal for you or price match. That way, you avoid the import duty and extra fees added on arrival to your country, and you support your local community.

Hope this helps
Dominic


Yes this is a very good point

I made the mistake of ordering from them when they offered 15% off

Great Deal Except the declared custom value was the full price ( Not the discounted price)

So ended up paying more than I should have

So anyone in the uk I would not recommend ordering from them at all !!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ellusionist does FLAT RATE shipping - Permanently (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL